• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Room Assignments - Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta

nomadio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American friends!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
I have always expected that Sales has a strong say in room assignments; fairness is not in their vocabulary.
Having a exchanger in a better location is better for sales - end of story.

I attended an owner update at RM last September but my GM (through RCI) unit assignment was ok, nothing extraordinary. It was at 3rd floor with view of trees. I do not believe attending a sales presentation will guarantee the best view.

RussellSun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vidanta add a tax to the bill for owners. It was over 700 pesos. I thought taxes is part of the usage fee like with maintenance fees. This is ridiculous. It really made me angry.

All in all, it is better to trade in and not be an owner. They really screw owners every way they can. They never disclosed this during the sales presentation.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Is it covered in your contract or addenda? If not, it’s probably fair game. I’ve been charged tourist taxes at other TS, most recently in Hawaii. At least it was <$40 US, which shouldn’t ruin a vacation week.

Charges I have seen there that were actually in error and controllable, such as the in-room coffee we didn’t use, were on the same order, but happily removed by the hotel staff when we checked out. They assume you’re using it and add it automatically is what they told me; I didn’t interpret it as trying to screw me since they took it off.

Interestingly enough, last time I exchanged in through RCI Platinum, they didn’t charge me a resort fee; not really sure why not and didn’t ask. You win some and you lose some, I guess, but the house (govt) always wins on the tax.

RussellSun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it covered in your contract or addenda? If not, it’s probably fair game. I’ve been charged tourist taxes at other TS, most recently in Hawaii. At least it was <$40 US, which shouldn’t ruin a vacation week.

Charges I have seen there that were actually in error and controllable, such as the in-room coffee we didn’t use, were on the same order, but happily removed by the hotel staff when we checked out. They assume you’re using it and add it automatically is what they told me; I didn’t interpret it as trying to screw me since they took it off.

Interestingly enough, last time I exchanged in through RCI Platinum, they didn’t charge me a resort fee; not really sure why not and didn’t ask. You win some and you lose some, I guess, but the house (govt) always wins on the tax.

When we traded in, we were not charged the government tax but as an owner, we were.

rpennisi

Reaction score
I have always been charged a daily tax for all Mexican resorts I have either traded into or own. It is a small amount, not worth complaining about.

My most hilarious moment about this, was in an elevator where a women who must have just settled her account was raging about the 235 dollars she was charged in taxes.
I informed her that was in pesos not dollars and she sheepishly said, "Oh".

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The symbols do look alike....

CynL

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Resort Springs Wk 19
Vidanta Grand Luxxe Puerto Vallarta floating
I am currently staying at the Grand Luxxe Villa in Nuevo. Usually we get good room assignments - sometimes in Tower 1 but mostly in Tower 2; this time we were assigned the worst possible villa location - floor 1, Tower 4, facing the river.

While I know the general belief on this forum is that owners get better room assignments than exchangers, I have always questioned whether that was true and how much influence sales has on that process. I realize that as an owner, I have paid less than most starting with a resale and being here on my Senior Discount, so it is logical that I would get a low room assignment compared to other owners - but logically above exchangers.

Here's my question to Tuggers. Are there exchangers here now or during the week of Nov 11-17 that are staying at the Grand Luxxe Villa? If so, can you tell me your floor and tower number. This would be a good test to see if Vidanta owners really get better room assignments than exchangers. I suspect they do not.

On the good side, once you get over the fact you don't have a view, everything else is still the same and you still have a great time.

Mike

It sounds like you had the same room we got on our first visit, the year before you in October--before becoming an owner using an RCI "free" trip travel package. All we could see were construction equipment between us and the river!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am currently staying at the Grand Luxxe Villa in Nuevo. Usually we get good room assignments - sometimes in Tower 1 but mostly in Tower 2; this time we were assigned the worst possible villa location - floor 1, Tower 4, facing the river.

While I know the general belief on this forum is that owners get better room assignments than exchangers, I have always questioned whether that was true and how much influence sales has on that process. I realize that as an owner, I have paid less than most starting with a resale and being here on my Senior Discount, so it is logical that I would get a low room assignment compared to other owners - but logically above exchangers.

Here's my question to Tuggers. Are there exchangers here now or during the week of Nov 11-17 that are staying at the Grand Luxxe Villa? If so, can you tell me your floor and tower number. This would be a good test to see if Vidanta owners really get better room assignments than exchangers. I suspect they do not.

On the good side, once you get over the fact you don't have a view, everything else is still the same and you still have a great time.

Mike

I don't know what kind of contract you have, so that may affect your room assignments. However, I think 1st floor Tower 4 river side is actually a good room assignment. The landscaping is amazing on the river side on the lower floors, better than looking at the brown river run off.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
The staff does not look as happy as they did when we were here in the summer. They all look like they are under a lot of pressure. The resort looked busier in low season than now so this is rather perplexing to me. I think they should put members in the best rooms within their category so we will want to upgrade and return. It is easy for me to go elsewhere and not utilize my membership and Vidanta will lose revenue and goodwill. We are all quite active on review boards and they should be courting their high value members for good reviews. Frankly, they should value every member equally. I guess they could care less if we never come back because all they want is to get the upfront fee. They do not seem to care about earning usage fees. I will not pay usage fees if they are going to put me in bad rooms in Nuevo Vallarta. I will stop coming here. I get the impression all they care about is money. They told me members are prioritized based on their investment and their is a sales person on the room assignment team. When I bought the membership, sales told me Grand Luxxe owners get priority when we stay at Grand Bliss or Grand Mayan. More lies!

I noticed that too. The staff looks unhappy. They used to seem happier.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
I don't know what kind of contract you have, so that may affect your room assignments. However, I think 1st floor Tower 4 river side is actually a good room assignment. The landscaping is amazing on the river side on the lower floors, better than looking at the brown river run off.

Realistically, room assignments can be initially annoying - but none are really that bad depending on perspective. In the end, it really makes little difference in our enjoyment - just maybe in our view of disrespect. As an avid golfer, resort views (floors 3 and above) are great; the lighted par 3 course is beautiful. Drinking wine on the patio and watching people chunk balls into the water is fun.

Mike