• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ron Jon Cape Caribe/ Holiday Inn Club Vacations/ HIVC (Cape Canaveral)

just_jenny01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

I'm considering purchasing a 2BR/ 2 Bath unit at the Holiday Inn Cape Canaveral resort, which used to be Ron Jon Cape Caribe. We've vacationed here before in the oceanfront building and absolutely love it.

The timeshare offer that I'm looking to buy is a Ron Jon Cape Caribe deed for unit 1512, which is located in the main building, NOT the oceanfront building, but is a floating week which is appealing (and less annual fees than a Holiday Inn deed).

My question is this- is there any way to upgrade from the 2BR/ 2 bath main building unit to the oceanfront building? Not sure what the options are for resale owners that wish to upgrade to larger units or units with premium views etc.?

Appreciate any feedback you might have :)

Thanks,

Jenny

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
you would not be able to do that unless you converted this week to points for extra $$. It would also take more points than you would be getting for this unit so you would have to borrow or rent the extra points.

Dave

just_jenny01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. No point in buying if I can't get the oceanfront view that I'm looking for. Good info to know before purchasing :)

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. No point in buying if I can't get the oceanfront view that I'm looking for. Good info to know before purchasing :)

If you purchase resale units at points resorts (Lake Geneva, Smoky Mountain, South Beach), you can combine units until you have enough points to stay in the Cape Canaveral unit you want.

-Scott
Owner, HICV Google+ Group

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
From what I remember from staying at HIVC there is no Ocean view, unless you have binoculars?
We had to ride a shuttle to the beach, it was not close.
Silentg

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
2 sections to our Cape Canaveral Resort. Oceanfront & view or Poolside

Most want the poolside , more stuff for family, main building etc. Can walk or shuttle over to the ocean when they want to.

Ocean front is on the beach with views , relaxing not so much to do for kids.

Definitely different points needed between the two

upload_2017-4-11_10-6-58.png

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
If you purchase resale units at points resorts (Lake Geneva, Smoky Mountain, South Beach), you can combine units until you have enough points to stay in the Cape Canaveral unit you want.

-Scott
If purchasing g at any of these three, how does the combining work? Is it just owning two deeds, two separate MF's and the points just combining in my account? Is it fairly easy to combine?

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
If you have points with HICV , the three places will just show up as points on your personal sign in.
Yes you will have another week / MF to pay for but you will have the point total to work with. If you are just a week owner it will not benefit you till you convert it to points.

Not 100% sure how if one strictly bought from these three only, if you would be able to use points to reserve vacations from all 26 places HICV has to go.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
If you have points with HICV , the three places will just show up as points on your personal sign in.
Yes you will have another week / MF to pay for but you will have the point total to work with. If you are just a week owner it will not benefit you till you convert it to points.

Not 100% sure how if one strictly bought from these three only, if you would be able to use points to reserve vacations from all 26 places HICV has to go.
Thanks. We are wwwk and point owners

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. We are wwwk and point owners

Resale points owners at points resort

I can confirm that resale points owners at these resorts do have access to all HICV properties. I am Elite now after a HICV retail purchase, but before that, I could see the full inventory.

-Scott