• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

jread

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were disappointed - really want to get an MOC and I thought this would go through based on recent activity - we'll try again. We have an MKO 2br OV EOY in now at $5800. Original eBay listing was $4k but we increased price in hopes that it will go through. Fingers crossed

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Grande Vista Platinum was exercised at 6500 :(

Wow -- a 2BR? If so, that's one of the few I've seen exercised above the 23% metric ($6,500 is 23.4%). Thx for posting this.

Best,

Greg

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
I just had a 6500 MVC contract exercised by MArriott at $34,550.00

That's a ROFR at $5.32 per point. That's the highest I've seen. TUGgers had been assuming that $5/point might pass due to several exercises reported in the $4.75 range. This raises the bar. Wonder where their choke point is? $5.50? $6?

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
That's a ROFR at $5.32 per point. That's the highest I've seen. TUGgers had been assuming that $5/point might pass due to several exercises reported in the $4.75 range. This raises the bar. Wonder where their choke point is? $5.50? $6?

It probably depends on what they need in the Trust. Would Grande Vista fall into that category?

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
It probably depends on what they need in the Trust. Would Grande Vista fall into that category?

The ROFR I was referring to was not the Grand Vista ROFR reported on Feb 23. It was the 6500 DC Points for $34,550 ROFR that was reported by the same poster on Feb 19. Those are pure trust points not associated with a specific resort/week.

AriMorgan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes - the Grande Vista was for a 2bd. Very surprised by the Grande Vista and the 6500 points. Sammie R. had points contracts waived for under $4pp so I don't get it. Maybe because it was such a big point contract?

jlee2070

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, getting frustrating now...

Bid on 3rd Waiohai and all lost to ROFR. Last one was EOY, OV lost at $5500. Marriott being aggressive at Waiohai...

:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is my ROFR over the past few months:

2 Newport Coast Gold $4,800 each -Marriott exercised ROFR (October)
2 Newport Coast Gold $4,500 each - Waived ROFR (November)
OceanWatch Platinum Oceanfront $14,800 - Waived ROFR (February)

I had reduce closing negotiated on the NCV weeks they took in October, so the final cost on the 2 NCV weeks that passed and two that did not were essentially the same

gcoleman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott Boston Customs House
Ko Olina 2BR LO, OV, Annual, waived at $7100

Just got news that I will be the proud owner of a Ko Olina annual ocean view unit for $7100! Can't wait to start using it!

G

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Just got news that I will be the proud owner of a Ko Olina annual ocean view unit for $7100! Can't wait to start using it!

G

Wow.

Really? Platinum annual lock-off 2br OV under $8k?

Annual?

that doesn't sound right.

If it's right....you stole it.

mindface

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grande Vista EOY Platinum just approved early this month for $1902

So, it is Grande Vista 2-BR lock off Platinum, odd -year and 1st year usage in 2017, just passed early this month with a price merely $1902 (after adjusting up closing/transfer cost, and down the 2016 fee (paid by seller).

and approval just took a week or so, and the whole closing took 4 weeks: I just booked a March week (using 13-month window with mt other week).

hsintang

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lost 2bedroom Willow Ridge to ROFR

Just heard back from the agent, Marriott bought back the 2 bedroom, platinum unit for $3000 (including the 2016 MN fee and closing cost)....:bawl:

jlee2070

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott just ROFR'ed another Waiohai EOY-ODD, OV at $6000. I give up...

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Marriott just ROFR'ed another Waiohai EOY-ODD, OV at $6000. I give up...

That's interesting -- that's the second ROFR I've seen that's above 23% -- this is 23.65%. Irrespective, I think you are very close to getting your Waiohai, and hope you keep inching up your offer price until it clears (at least you can have the sastisfaction of knowing you didn't overpay).

I think it will one day be very difficult to get the prime properties (that are poorly represented in the Trust) past ROFR at almost any price -- I'm thinking the Platinum Grande Ocean, Waiohai, MOC, Mountainside, etc.

I think Ko Olina/Grand Chateau/Shadow Ridge will pass ROFR at lower metrics than these, because the Trust is deep in these properties (and will get deeper).

Thanks for posting this, and I hope you get your Waiohai week.

Best,

Greg

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Unfortunately, I think a lot of this is all about timing. People love to buy Resorts prior to the prime vacation season, with maintenance fees paid, and often the ability to book for reservations in the next year. I think you'll have better luck if you wait towards the end of the year when maintenance fees are due and the vacation seasons already gone

sent from my cell phone...

dravasio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott just exercised ROFR for a 2500 point purchase I put in at $4/point (+fees). And of course they waited until day 28. Bummer. Always next time.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It's Alive!

With a lot of help from Jpollo on this, I am very happy to announce that the Marriott ROFR database is back! I certainly couldn't have done this without Jpollo on this. He is genius!

The new site has a new look and much better functionality.

The new submission form has been setup to prevent invalid resort and unit combinations. The form fields won't populate with available options until you select an option in the prior field. If you are attempting to enter something that you believe is a legitimate Resort, Usage, Room Type and View combination, and the website won't allow it, please be sure to provide feedback as this can be updated in the database.

Feel free to add your entries to the new site or search through the old ones. All of the data from the old website have been imported in to the new site. I have a information from a few people on their ROFR experiences saved in my inbox as well. If I don't see them added in the next couple months, I will go ahead and add them. I will do the same with ones posted in this thread if they don't get added in the next couple of months by those who reported them.

Please check out the new website at www.rofr.net.

We are looking forward to hearing your feedback.

A few things we have identified that still need work;
  • Fix the Date field input to force users to enter valid dates.
  • Fix the Price field input to force users to enter numeric currency masked values only.
  • Work on the Stats page to provide some analysis reporting.

Marriott ROFR Database Website

Last edited:

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
Nice job on the site, and thanks for the effort on it; I just added my latest purchases. Outside of the items you already have listed, one key feature for me would be a sort-able list once you drop down to a specific location. A "nice to have" would also be a pop-up calendar when selecting the date, which could also solve your value remark for that field.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Wow Dioxide45, very nice!! Big thanks to you and Jpollo!! :clap:

I just tried to add our MM1 purchase from last August but after inputting all data into the very user-friendly format (thanks again!!), I hit "enter" and got an error message. Tried twice. My browser in use was Safari if that makes any difference. Thanks again!!

Jpollo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Thank you both for trying out the site and the feedback. NTP66, we've just updated the site to enable sorting after selecting the resort. And a calendar date-picker is up next on our to do list.

Sourtherngirl, sorry about the error. The site should work fine with Safari, but I can troubleshoot it for you. I PM'd you on some additional info I need to test.

And thanks to Dioxide45 for letting me work with him on his database. It was extremely helpful to me in its first incarnation and am looking forward to having it as a resource once again.

Jason

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
Talk about fast... nice! The only other thing that comes to mind right now would be to allow filtering. For example, if you go to specific location, allow the user to select only 1BR units, or only Ocean View units, etc. That would probably be a long-term goal at this stage, though.