• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Thanks, and yes, this is all in the original towers. I've been tracking prices for nearly 3 years now (solely on Redweek), and prices are actually pretty low to me. Only once did I see a 2BR OV unit go for less than what I just paid, and there's even a 1BR OV listed for $3500, which means it can likely be had for $3k (whether that'd pass ROFR is another story, though my 1BR OV did pass at $4k).

Prices for the new towers are still insane, though. My wife gave me the death glare when I broached the topic of considering one in the Napili Tower, so that was the end of that, lol.

"Death glare"! :hysterical: I can only imagine!

We really went back and forth on what we wanted to do as we own 2 wks EOYO in a 2 bdrm Oceanfront Napili so we love, love, LOVE our view. DH and I had to ask if we wanted view in the older towers or the full kitchens, w/d, etc., with no view in the new towers because we just weren't going to pay the current going rates for OF in Napili right now. I really do love the views from many of the rooms in the older towers though. It will be interesting to see what we think of our decision when we have our first stay in the new acquisition in a few months…. ;)

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Just had a grand vista eoy gold rofr at $400. Also the other week a manor club annual gold for $200 got rofr. I thought marriott would let these go but it seems like they are buying all for conversion to trust points. This makes sense in their asset lite strategy.

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott exercised their ROFR on a Maui Ocean Club 2 bedroom 3 bath every odd year ocean front unit for $5000

macperry

TUG Member
Reaction score
KoOlina 3bedroom, annual platinum

Just submitted ROFR for 3-bedroom, platinum, annual at $25K. We'll see

Last edited by a moderator:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Just submitted ROFR for 3-bedroom, platinum, annual at $25K. We'll see

That will pass -- congrats and enjoy Ko Olina, it's a great property!!!

Best,

Greg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark

Jodi0415

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shadow Ridge passed ROFR in less than a week!!

2 bedroom lockoff EOY gold season for $297.00 passed in 3 days!! I'm speechless!!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
ROFR is very random

I just wanted to mention that I am still seeing very random exercising of ROFR.

2 br GV Plat $2835 Taken
2 br WR Plat $2135 Taken

2 br WR Plat $1315 Passed
2 br WR Plat Odd $1 Passed
2 br HL Plat Odd $759 Passed

These were all recent eBay purchases in the last 3 months. It sounds silly, but the high ones seem to be taken and the cheaper priced ones are passing for the same resort.

rudyr

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Shadow Ridge] 2 bedroom lockoff EOY gold season for $297.00 passed in 3 days!! I'm speechless!!
Thanks for posting this, I have one I am trying to purchase for $1,800, annual/gold w/ Thanksgiving reserved for '16. Seller said he thinks it's a coin flip if Marriott with take it.

Also, your price seems amazingly low, congrats. Seems way below market.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think Marriott takes more in to consideration than just price. Perhaps first usage and even who is responsible for the next MF. Perhaps if an EOY odd week comes up that doesn't have first usage until 2017, they may not be interested since they can't start to sell those points yet.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

stive1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought an annual GV platinum lock off for $3900 last month and it passed ROF

Last edited:

rudyr

TUG Member
Reaction score
From what I was told, they "do the math". So, whether buyer or seller picks up the closing, transfer and MFs gets evaluated to figure out what the actual price is being paid for the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
From what I was told, they "do the math". So, whether buyer or seller picks up the closing, transfer and MFs gets evaluated to figure out what the actual price is being paid for the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that was the case they should have taken all the other units I bought for less.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
So weird! ours is an EOY even. Just passed. I pretty much had no hope. I'm blown away!

Thanks for posting. I've been ROFR'd a few times in Palm Desert at higher amounts. I have noticed a bunch of ebay auctions selling for lower prices recently and was wondering if they would pass or not.

kdague

Reaction score
Looking for more ROFR info

I am new to TUG and am looking for more ROFR information, like contracts that have passed or taken by location. Is there another thread?

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I am new to TUG and am looking for more ROFR information, like contracts that have passed or taken by location. Is there another thread?

What are you looking at? Might get more pointed and recent responses.

cheers.

kdague

Reaction score
I am looking for information on what has recently passed ROFR. Trying to get an idea od what prices I should expect to pay, and pass, ROFR.