• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an ROFR waiver letter which seems to suggest that Marriott were told a price of $4k more than I actually paid.

Given that it passed I'm not asking too many questions, but it does mean I'll be reluctant to use that vendor again.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think "fraud" might be a bit of a stretch. It's a simply an "addendum" added to the contract. Whether Marriott sees the contracts addendum, or not, i'm not exactly sure. i can't wrap my thoughts around "unethical" either. If the broker wishes to make a donation, out of the funds it has obviously secured from the original owner, whilst acting as a liaison between the new buyer and Marriott, in order to make the purchase happen, i see nothing wrong with it. In fact, it ends up being a win win win, the broker gets his profit, Marriott gets their money for the points with the added security of collecting MF's again every year on something that may have been in foreclosure? and the new buyer gets what they want at a deeply discounted price....what am i missing?
Selling under one set of rules but presenting another is illegal in all states I know of.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Just starting a weeks purchase through Redweek for two Marriott Waiohai weeks.
These are the cheapest I've ever seen ($5500 per week, ANNUAL usage, Mountain View).
This is what EOY usage has been going for recently.
ROFR database unfortunately has very little recent activity to indicate whether this may pass or fail.
Frankly, I'll be surprised if this passes. Wish me luck.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Just starting a weeks purchase through Redweek for two Marriott Waiohai weeks.
These are the cheapest I've ever seen ($5500 per week, ANNUAL usage, Mountain View).
This is what EOY usage has been going for recently.
ROFR database unfortunately has very little recent activity to indicate whether this may pass or fail.
Frankly, I'll be surprised if this passes. Wish me luck.

Good luck. Sounds like a great price to me for ANNUAL Hawaii! Keep us posted on whether Marriott exercises ROFR.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista / Harbour Lake
Just failed ROFR for Gold Week Harbour Lake in Orlando :-( We found a desperate seller on ebay for $1 with 2017 MF already paid but not used yet for Gold Season. This gave us a chance for a free vacation to use for Thanksgiving week or maybe Labor Day.
ROFR letter showed $350 or so (all my closing costs) as the sales price. Broker thought if I had paid for 2017 MF and let the seller book my week prior to submitting it might have went in. The free week is what enticed us.

Oh well, gonna keep looking for deals at Harbour Lake and/or Grand Vista with a lock off!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Just failed ROFR for Gold Week Harbour Lake in Orlando :-( We found a desperate seller on ebay for $1 with 2017 MF already paid but not used yet for Gold Season. This gave us a chance for a free vacation to use for Thanksgiving week or maybe Labor Day.
ROFR letter showed $350 or so (all my closing costs) as the sales price. Broker thought if I had paid for 2017 MF and let the seller book my week prior to submitting it might have went in. The free week is what enticed us.

Oh well, gonna keep looking for deals at Harbour Lake and/or Grand Vista with a lock off!
Please add your details to www.rofr.net.

GM600

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld (Orlando)
HGVC on the Boulevard (Las Vegas)
Marriott’s Grande Vista
I received notice today that my Grande Vista, 2 bed, platinum, failed at $1,600. I added it to the rofr.net

Reaction score
Hello

I was just advised today that my purchase of a 3 bedroom Platinum Grande Vista passed ROFR at $4,000 + closing costs. I am happy :)

Steve

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I received notice today that my Grande Vista, 2 bed, platinum, failed at $1,600. I added it to the rofr.net
I added my Harbour lake one to ROFR.

Surprised yours failed at $1600. Seen them on Ebay cheaper and was going to buy one. Maybe I shouldn't waste my time now. When I went on ROFR to input mine I saw Marriott bought a lot lately. Even Ocean pointe at $2k failed on there.

I heard HGVC runs out of $ by October so I was waiting until then to try and scoop up a South Beach one so I can it out for top dollar to people that contact me for weekly rental leads in high season. So many scam type sellers online though, waiting for a redweek or tug or ebay one.

GM600

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld (Orlando)
Marriott’s Grande Vista
The ROFR was dated 6/14/2017 and the realtor said they got notices that 20 units were taken by ROFR today.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
Update on the Marriott Waiohai purchase.

PASSED ROFR today!
Two ANNUAL island view deeds for $5500 each. That is same asking price that EOY had one year ago.

I saw these on Redweek. Since I started that purchase, at least one more annnual island view is up for sale right at $5000. There are two more at just under $6000.
I didn't try to talk owner down on price; $5500 is very reasonable in my book.
Ocean View are still asking over 2x.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
How much is Marriott selling them for now?

GM600

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld (Orlando)
Marriott’s Grande Vista
I had another Grande Vista 2 bedroom and platinum fail ROFR this time at $1,700.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I had another Grande Vista 2 bedroom and platinum fail ROFR this time at $1,700.
Yeah, this guy on Ebay (Clem) has them for $2000 and won't budge. Says that's what is needed for MGV Plat 2 Bed. I offered him $1500 but was declined. I won his Harbour Lake for $1, Gold with free 2017 usage but MVCI took it back (see above). Trying another Harbour lake, this time Plat with no 2017 usage for $375. Let's see what happens. (different company this time too).

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this guy on Ebay (Clem) has them for $2000 and won't budge. Says that's what is needed for MGV Plat 2 Bed. I offered him $1500 but was declined. I won his Harbour Lake for $1, Gold with free 2017 usage but MVCI took it back (see above). Trying another Harbour lake, this time Plat with no 2017 usage for $375. Let's see what happens. (different company this time too).

I don't blame him for not budging below $2k. I will buy an unlimited number of 2BR Platinum GV units for $2k (from buyers I am comfortable with). I even stretch to $2,400 on occasion.

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't blame him for not budging below $2k. I will buy an unlimited number of 2BR Platinum GV units for $2k (from buyers I am comfortable with). I even stretch to $2,400 on occasion.
Can I ask why? Just for trading power or you love that resort? I like GV as well but with me going throughout the year and not needing out of school season weeks, its maybe $100 savings on a 2 bed rental vs the MF you pay.
I'm looking at getting a 3BR just for trading power and doing a bunch of smaller trips and then having the 3bedroom for later in life as our family grows.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Just an FYI for anyone using www.rofr.net to search or add Marriott ROFR entries. We have added Hilton and Disney to the website. So you will first have to select which company you are searching for records or when you start to add a new entry.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I ask why? Just for trading power or you love that resort? I like GV as well but with me going throughout the year and not needing out of school season weeks, its maybe $100 savings on a 2 bed rental vs the MF you pay.
I'm looking at getting a 3BR just for trading power and doing a bunch of smaller trips and then having the 3bedroom for later in life as our family grows.

As long as the units are FC I rent them out and eventually resell them.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Just an FYI for anyone using www.rofr.net to search or add Marriott ROFR entries. We have added Hilton and Disney to the website. So you will first have to select which company you are searching for or adding an entry to when you search or start to add a new entry.
Dioxide,

That's a good addition to the rofr website -- thanks very much!

Best,

Greg

Beachspace

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FYI: just passed ROFR with a 3Bed GrandVista Gold Week for $1500 + Closing costs, no 2018 usage (reimbursed $1650 at closing by seller for January MF). Closing in 30-45 days. (its on ROFR now as well)
Only took 6 business days too! My Harbour lake has been pending for 20 days now...

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Maui annual 2BD/3BTH OV pending for my all-in price of $13,150. I'm hopeful it will pass.

5infam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone using www.rofr.net to search or add Marriott ROFR entries. We have added Hilton and Disney to the website. So you will first have to select which company you are searching for records or when you start to add a new entry.
I just went in and added my DVC that failed ROFR back in March - I was the seller and Disney bought it from the buyer. Thanks for putting those up.