• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
After much thought, just reporting the paid price without closing costs and hgvc transfer fee is like comparing apples to oranges.

For example I purchased a week that included all closing costs including the hgvc transfer fee. I reported that price on rofr.net

I purchased another week that I paid the closing costs and the hgvc transfer fee. I reported on rofr.net the price I paid, as was suggested, without the closing costs and transfer fee. If I included them it would bring my price up.

Thinking about it I should have reported the price including the closing costs and transfer fees as it’s the only way to compare it to other sales that had these fees included.

I have paid "admin fee" or "submission fee" for one of my contract for $299 and closing cost of $699.00 which jacks up the "total closing costs". I think we should not include the transfer fees, as everyone pays the same amount.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have paid "admin fee" or "submission fee" for one of my contract for $299 and closing cost of $699.00 which jacks up the "total closing costs". I think we should not include the transfer fees, as everyone pays the same amount.
But one of my purchased on ebay included the transfer fee. Then for an apple to apple comparison I would need to subtract that from my final paid price.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I would need to subtract that from my final paid price.

If you would like to change, then I can do that for you or anyone else. Just let me know.

The "fees" are not all of same. It really depends on where you purchased. In addition, I really don't know what was submitted on my purchases.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
IMHO, I thought the point of ROFR.net was to see what was submitted to HGVC and whether it passed to understand the thresholds (hence the name "ROFR passed".) Fees should be included if that was what was submitted in the total ROFR price.

If we want to know what people negotiated with the seller i.e. actually netted in the sale, then that should be a different thread called something like "Negotiated Price."

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you would like to change, then I can do that for you or anyone else. Just let me know.

The "fees" are not all of same. It really depends on where you purchased. In addition, I really don't know what was submitted on my purchases.
That is the big what? We know what we paid but we don’t know what was submitted or allowed. I signed an agreement with every purchase and that is what I know shoukd have been submitted but I don’t know if on top of that the closing costs and transfer fee was added as part of the rofr process thus making the rofr submitted price higher.

All I know is rofr.net is a guide. I figured out by now sometimes those lower prices get thru so just keep trying.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Hmmm . . . It's almost like there should be a negotiated price column and a fee column so those could be differentiated. I know it would be a change to the database, but if you really wanted to see the breakdown, that's the best way I can think of. Not sure if that change would be possible, but it's a way of looking at it from an analytical viewpoint.

The biggest issue I can think of is the eBay/Timeshare Nation places that submit the fees paid by the seller in the price. Is there a way to find those out or are they already known (I've never purchased through those places so I don't know). @Panina, I'm not sure the transfer fees should be included. HGVC wouldn't have to pay those so they wouldn't take those into account when deciding to exercise ROFR, correct?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmmm . . . It's almost like there should be a negotiated price column and a fee column so those could be differentiated. I know it would be a change to the database, but if you really wanted to see the breakdown, that's the best way I can think of. Not sure if that change would be possible, but it's a way of looking at it from an analytical viewpoint.

The biggest issue I can think of is the eBay/Timeshare Nation places that submit the fees paid by the seller in the price. Is there a way to find those out or are they already known (I've never purchased through those places so I don't know). @Panina, I'm not sure the transfer fees should be included. HGVC wouldn't have to pay those so they wouldn't take those into account when deciding to exercise ROFR, correct?
If they exercised rofr on my purchase, being transfer fees were included in my purchase price, it is possible they would pay them as there is no way they would know.

Two Columns, one showing closing costs and one whether transfer fee was included in purchase price could make it clearer but still we really don’t know all the specifics going on when the seller submits for rofr.

Last edited:

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they exercised rofr on my purchsse, being transfer fees were included in my purchase price, it is possible they would pay them as there is no way they would know.

Two Columns, one showing closing costs and one whether transfer fee was included in purchase price could make it clearer but still we really don’t know all the specifics going on when the seller submits for rofr.

You have to look at your contract to see how your broker has split all those amounts. That will give you an idea what was submitted for ROFR.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You have to look at your contract to see how your broker has split all those amounts. That will give you an idea what was submitted for ROFR.
Idea is how one is interpreting it. No way to really know unless we see documents sent to hgvc for rofr.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies

We should also include MFs that the buyer agrees to pay the seller? Like paying the seller for the current year MFs if the points come with the property being transferred. Anyone disagree?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We should also include MFs that the buyer agrees to pay the seller? Like paying the seller for the current year MFs if the points come with the property being transferred. Anyone disagree?

Include if it was included in what was submitted for ROFR to HGVC. In our case it was.

Ask the broker or transfer company who should be able to share the paperwork. Otherwise the value of an ROFR database to determine thresholds is worthless and people are just bragging about how much they negotiated in a fire sale.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score

If it was included in the sale price line, then yes, if it was on its own maintenance fee line then no. You should be able to see all the line items in your contract.

cas42021

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean 22 1BR Annual Platinum 4800 points for $2000.00 did not pass ROFR. I was just notified this morning the developer has exercised. 0/2 on these so far..I have updated rofr.net as well.

MrDavch

Reaction score
Ocean 22 1BR Annual Platinum 4800 points for $2000.00 did not pass ROFR. I was just notified this morning the developer has exercised. 0/2 on these so far..I have updated rofr.net as well.

How long did it take them to notify you?

cas42021

TUG Member
Reaction score
Annual 1BR Platinum at SeaWorld for $2000 just failed ROFR. I believe it was submitted to them a week ago. 3rd try, 3rd ROFR exercised. Different property each time. I didn't find out till after the seller accepted my offer, they were including 4600 rescued points, so would have had 9400 point usage for 2019. Would have been a nice trip to Hawaii.

I just got this added to ROFR.net

Anyone have any tips for me? Am I just offering too little? I swear I see people getting deals like this or better off eBay, and Hilton waives. What am I missing here?

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Just cause it sells on eBay doesn’t mean it goes through. What are the successful ones on ROFR.net go for?

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Anyone have any tips for me? Am I just offering too little? I swear I see people getting deals like this or better off eBay, and Hilton waives. What am I missing here?

When we bought our Platinum 2BR Sea World about a year ago, the brokers we worked with said anything under about $1/point or a little less was a high risk for ROFR exercise by HGVC. We paid $6,500 for the 2BR 7000 point Platinum. For a 1BR, I would think you should expect to pay over $4,000, maybe $4,500 or so.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Also, it's early in the year so their ROFR budget is robust. You might be able to secure a lower price later in the year when the ROFR budget depletes and they let more pass.