• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
FYI - my Hilton Club NY - which I was told passed ROFR, was then suddenly exercised by HGVC. it was within the 30 days so not a lot I could do.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
FYI - my Hilton Club NY - which I was told passed ROFR, was then suddenly exercised by HGVC. it was within the 30 days so not a lot I could do.
Sorry. I wonder if you were told incorrectly it passed to begin with.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Apparently - the Hilton person who told my title person it passed was “new” and not cognizant of the intricate dance of denial.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Oh no!! Sorry to hear that. I’m 10days away from hearing about my EBay West 57th. If they ROFR’d you, I have no hope.

Sean

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oh no!! Sorry to hear that. I’m 10days away from hearing about my EBay West 57th. If they ROFR’d you, I have no hope.

Sean
Where odds are low, you never know, it could pass. One has to keep trying as a few pass through lower then others at different locations. I put one in elsewhere that I though would never pass and I was told it did. When I see I can enroll it then I will believe it.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
There is always hope. At least I hope so. I am trying a new higher offer on a similar points package. Hopefully they are running out of money and with the one they just exercised on in inventory, they will let my next one pass.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Just got word from the title company that Hilton waived ROFR for my EBay purchase of Kings Land 2BR Platinum (14,400 points) that I paid $10,200.

So far, Ive been lucky, going 2 for 2. The ultimate test is my EBay West 57th 10500 points for $7680 - ROFR just went out from title company today. I would be floored if that slips through.

Sean

Well, it may be 3 for 3. It’s been about six weeks since they sent out the ROFR to Hilton. The person at the title company emailed me this week that “we are able to proceed with the deeding for the West 57th transaction”. I’m trying to get exact confirmation but I think that means that Hilton did not exercise ROFR. I’m not getting my hopes up until I see it with my own eyes and the deed is finalized. It makes no sense for them not to buy back because they sell similar package for $90-100k.

Sean

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
damn - nice. I am waiting for my second offer to either fail or go through, and it's for more money and less points. When I saw that on eBay, I thought it would not sell for what would pass. I guess you gotta take a chance.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
damn - nice. I am waiting for my second offer to either fail or go through, and it's for more money and less points. When I saw that on eBay, I thought it would not sell for what would pass. I guess you gotta take a chance.
Taking a chance with a lower price with a reputable seller can work out. I recently had an 8400 Point Week pass rofr that I thought would not pass based on past sales.

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at Tortuga Beach Club which happens to be managed by Hilton. I hear that Hilton has a ROFR if I wish to sell.

Seems strange (to me) that Hilton would have that right for a property where they have simply been hired to provide management services for the resort.

I'd appreciate any clarifying information. TIA.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I own at Tortuga Beach Club which happens to be managed by Hilton. I hear that Hilton has a ROFR if I wish to sell.

Seems strange (to me) that Hilton would have that right for a property where they have simply been hired to provide management services for the resort.

I’m not sure on Tortuga in particular, but I thought the affiliates had no ROFR. An owner of a SW Florida resort might be a better source than me. I do know that The Flamingo has no ROFR.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I have scoured high and low looking for this. No luck.

My guess is no. This is simply based on the fact that I see NO mention of ROFR anywhere.
Call the HOA at your resort and ask. Check your ownership docs....it will be in there.

Or, simply call HGVC ownership services....please let us know. Sounds like a nice resort.

BTW: Your property is Affiliated and managed by HGVC, technically a "Collection Property"

Tortuga Beach Club Resort Collection Sanibel, FL 54: Collection properties are properties that were contributed by a third party during Hilton’s joint venture with Grand Vacations.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

My logical guess would be there is no rofr at tortuga as the other affiliate locations in florida do not have it.

There is an on site sales office at Tortuga, call and ask.

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your feedback re Tortuga.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
For the info, we received word that HGVC ELARA is not exercising ROFR right now. We put in a bid on a gold season 5,000 points for $1,000 and they waived their ROFR within 15 days......

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the info, we received word that HGVC ELARA is not exercising ROFR right now. We put in a bid on a gold season 5,000 points for $1,000 and they waived their ROFR within 15 days......
Nice price. How long ago is that?

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
We recieved word 2 days ago that it had passed.

Finsadbel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA, Las Vegas
Yes, Gold 1 Bedroom Grand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jadida5

Reaction score
I had an offer in on McAlpin/ocean Plaza. $99 purchase price plus reimbursement of 2018 mf for the points. 1 bedroom, gold season, 3400 points.
11/20 contract signed. 12/4 Hilton exercised rofr.

Last edited:

Sky313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are the ROFR on this list and Rofr.net the final payment after closing fees/HGVC activation/transfer fees or just the accepted offer, or a mix of both?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Are the ROFR on this list and Rofr.net the final payment after closing fees/HGVC activation/transfer fees or just the accepted offer, or a mix of both?

My Flamingo was just the cost without any fees.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies

I started a thread recently asking what people report. I think it is all over the map with a bit of gravity toward just reporting the sales price without fees based on replies. Seems it would be more useful if ROFR.net capured more granular numbers from the sales contracts. Not that we shouldn’t appreciate the current effort.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I started a thread recently asking what people report. I think it is all over the map with a bit of gravity toward just reporting the sales price without fees based on replies. Seems it would be more useful if ROFR.net capured more granular numbers from the sales contracts. Not that we should not appreciate the current effort.

After much thought, just reporting the paid price without closing costs and hgvc transfer fee is like comparing apples to oranges.

For example I purchased a week that included all closing costs including the hgvc transfer fee. I reported that price on rofr.net

I purchased another week that I paid the closing costs and the hgvc transfer fee. I reported on rofr.net the price I paid, as was suggested, without the closing costs and transfer fee. If I included them it would bring my price up.

Thinking about it I should have reported the price including the closing costs and transfer fees as it’s the only way to compare it to other sales that had these fees included.