TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

ROFR Exercised/Passed

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by GT75, Oct 26, 2016.

1. tombanjo

tombanjo TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HCNY
    I made an offer on the buy it now. It's silver season which is the lowest of the low, but still NYC Midtwon

Smclaugh99 likes this.
  2. dayooper

dayooper TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at The Flamingo
    I know that there is no ROFR at The Flamingo, but do you want me to add my 2 bedroom platinum for $4500? I just got my closing papers today.

Panina likes this.
  3. Smclaugh99

Smclaugh99 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Hilton Club
    I don’t think season or room size matter at HCNY. It’s only points. There are definitely three distinct times of the year in which point values differ but I did not get any sense as a new owner that there is any preference given to platinum versus gold versus silver.

Sean

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  4. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    I always add the resorts I get even if they have no rofr. It lets others know the recent pricing.

CaliGirl08 and dayooper like this.
  5. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

Your MF per point cost will be higher with silver I.e. you get more bang for your buck with platinum because the MF across a unit type is stable while the # of points increases from silver to gold to plat.

6. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    Will Silver season points be enough to get a full week during Gold or Platinum?

I think Tombanjo understands the limitation on Silver and accepts because its NYC midtown so visiting any time of year has value to him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

7. Smclaugh99

Smclaugh99 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Hilton Club
    30B31E2B-C5A4-499C-85BF-11803CA6F417.png
    The HCNY is different from the rest of HGVC in terms of their points/seasons.
    I just looked through the 34 page disclosure sheet with HCNY. They make no mention golf Platinum, Gold, or Silver in terms of giving preferential Home Resort bookings. If you own 5000 points, you own 5000 points - no season difference and no MF differences. The MF for everybody is about 28 cents per point. I will attach the point chart for the different times of the year. But yes, 5000 points would get you a studio for over 1 week during least busy time.

Sean

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  8. Sandy VDH

Sandy VDH TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wynd VIP Plat, HGVC Elite, HICV, + few others
    NO, a full week of silver will NOT be enough to get a full week in Gold and Platinum in NYC. But if you are talking other locations it might. But as others here have noted that is not a good use of NYC points. You should use NYC points in NYC given there MF per point.

9. tombanjo

tombanjo TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HCNY
    I plan to use studio size for two or three day visits a few times a year and borrow points from next year to round out. After 5 years, my borrowed week will be up, so I will skip that year. (So 1000 points a years first yr borrow, 2000, second year, etc. )

I plan on getting a points week for other vacation (different location) days as well, I won’t be bereft of places to go.

CalGalTraveler likes this.
  10. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

Does HCNY have the all inclusive fee structure like residences? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

11. Smclaugh99

Smclaugh99 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Hilton Club
    Bottom line, you got a great price for HCNY and will undoubtedly enjoy your membership, esp because there is less competition with bookings. Congrats!

Sean

12. tombanjo

tombanjo TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HCNY
    Yes, I believe it is $290 club fees instead of $170, but that includes free reservations. So multiple short stays are economical from the no housekeeping, no reservation fees point of view.

Smclaugh99 likes this.
  13. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

Would you care to say who you bought this unit from? If I can pay $120 more and save on all my booking fees, I will have to buy a unit there. The west 57th street properties were too expensive for what I need it for. I just want to pay the all inclusive fee and save on the booking fees. Not paying the booking fee every time I make a reservation. It would only take me 8 years to break even on a $7500 purchase cost for this unit.

What are the MF for the HCNY 1br? Or are the studios even cheaper? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

14. VacationMode

VacationMode Guest

Hi All! I’m new to this site, and a (soon to be) proud new owner of a Hilton lagoon tower 2 br OF unit! I just wanted to thank everyone on this site for all the useful info you have all provided me in my research into whether or not to buy a HGVC timeshare. So thank you! For those wondering, I paid 27k for 9600 points.(already updated ROFR.net) I know it’s a bit steep, but we really wanted the oceanfront unit as opposed to the ocean view. Since OV had so many diff units they could put you in but OF had to be one of the 2 front units. Thanks agajn guys!

RX8, GT75, alwysonvac and 2 others like this.
  15. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    Welcome to official signing in to tug. Congratulations on your purchase. As you did your research and are happy with what you got, you will enjoy. Nothing like guaranteed oceanfront views.

VacationMode likes this.
  16. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

Congrats @VacationMode That's an awesome unit (we have stayed in OF several times). Your price is in the resale ballpark for these units especially given the strength of the economy and how much more the developer would charge.

Enjoy! You made a terrific purchase that you will enjoy for many years to come.

VacationMode likes this.
  17. dayooper

dayooper TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at The Flamingo
    Congrats @VacationMode! Enjoy your purchase. Hopefully you will stick around here. One question, though. Who did you buy through?

VacationMode likes this.
  18. VacationMode

VacationMode Guest

I bought thru Diane Nadeau. She’s awesome!

hurnik and dayooper like this.
  19. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

Yes, I can also add another "kudo" for Diane!

20. Rosa Werden

Rosa Werden Guest

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your info! We just signed on our purchase of HGVC Kings Land10,500 points, 2br floating, annual platinum for $13,800. Just waiting on the owners to sign and we can force ourselves to take an annual vacay! Yay!!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    dayooper and RX8 like this.
  21. dayooper

dayooper TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC at The Flamingo
    Congrats!

22. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x7
    Has HGVC waived their rights on ROFR for your purchase already?

23. Rosa Werden

Rosa Werden Guest

Yes they did

GT75 and Panina like this.
  24. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Congratulations, make sure to add it to rofr.net.

Rosa Werden likes this.
  25. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x7