TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

ROFR Exercised/Passed

Discussion in 'Hilton Grand Vacations Club / HGVC' started by GT75, Oct 26, 2016.

1. GT75

GT75 Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC-x6
    Thanks to two TUG members (@dioxide45 and @JPrisco) HGVC has been added to the www.rofr.net database. Please report all activity both failed and passed for any Hilton TS which you either purchased or sold. We should be able to then predict when Hilton with exercise ROFR once we get enough data in the database.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    edro0023, Mario2, OMC and 1 other person like this.
  2. Japan Spartan

Japan Spartan Guest

I just received notice that ROFR was exercised on my first attempted purchase. Is there a thread or database to share the details for others reference? I'm new here and didn't see any place for it in the HGVC section.

If anyone's curious, it was a 2BR Platinum at Sea World for $7k (7000 points). I was purchasing it through Seth Nock's site. Per them, the MFs were around $990 last year, which I know is lower than what was listed in the MFs sticky thread.

jeepinjoel likes this.
  3. PigsDad

PigsDad TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club
    Thanks for posting this. A far as the MF amount goes, sometimes advertisers do not include other line items like taxes, reserve fund, etc., which can account for the difference you are seeing.

Kurt

4. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    Thanks for reporting this. 2BR plats are high-demand size, but it's useful to know HGVC thinks so, too.

The issue with creating a sticky to track ROFR's is that its use can change significantly in a short period of time. It seems to depend on what it has in stock, it's inventory needs and the time of year. IOW, what they may take back today, they might let go next month.

5. rahulgopi

rahulgopi TUG Member

I was getting low ball offers for a Vegas Platinum 2 Br 7000 pts with ~$900 MF listed here at tugs. Good to know HGVC values platinum week over $1 per point :)

6. Japan Spartan

Japan Spartan Guest

Ah that makes sense. It does seem a little random, or at least hard to track. I have seen some deals that seemed a lot better than this one by going back a couple months on this board.

Anyway, I am glad the information is helpful. Hopefully the next attempt is more successful.

7. Japan Spartan

Japan Spartan Guest

Thanks for the information. I was curious about this. I have seen reference to Phase 1/2/3 rooms at Seaworld, and I didn't know if that affected the MFs. Are they very consistent between rooms and resorts then?

Looking back at my emails, I did ask the sales guy what the maintenance fees and taxes were in 2017 (it wasn't listed on the site yet, he offered it when the initial property I asked about was no longer available). His reply was: "The maintenance fees are around $990." So it could be he only gave me the maintenance fee portion of the annual fees, and not taxes, etc. as you said.

I was OK with either to rate here or the one he gave me, so I went ahead with it.

8. K2Quick

K2Quick TUG Member

Unless you're looking to buy of course . . .

jeepinjoel likes this.
  9. Talent312

Talent312 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC x2 and Gatlinburg Town Square
    MF's at all HGVC resorts are assessed by unit-size (or classification), not by Season.
    Between resorts, they vary greatly. Among resorts, 1BR's will have different MF's.
    Seaword's phases technically have different HOA's & MF's differ slightly, but not much.

10. Sky313

Sky313 TUG Member

Anyone know how much HGVC has in ROFR budget or when during the year it is easier for contracts to get through ROFR ?

11. 1Kflyerguy

1Kflyerguy TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Kings Land, Marriott Destination Club Points
    I don't know what their budget is, but historically i has been easier later in the year. However that was before they were an independent company. In my opinion they might behave differently now that they are independent.

12. Seagila

Seagila TUG Member

I think it would be helpful to have an ongoing thread on ROFR activity by HGVC. Gives us some historical data and trends.

Any chance a mod could make a sticky of this similar to the Marriott and Vistana fora? :ponder:

jeepinjoel likes this.
  13. alwysonvac

alwysonvac TUG Lifetime Member

Send a PM to the moderator to setup a ROFR sticky thread

14. Makai Guy

Makai Guy Administrator

Resorts Owned:
    Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
    Have made this a sticky thread, bu with the variable nature of ROFR I'm not sure how valuable it will be.

15. Cyberc

Cyberc TUG Member

Maybe we should note both those sales that passes rofr and those who doesn't??

16. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    I am working on incorporating HGVC in to the www.ROFR.net website. Between busy life, my limited understanding of HGVC, and the large number of resorts, it is a long process of compiling all of the different unit types. I will get there, it will just take some time.

17. tk25

tk25 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Kings Land 12,600 points; Sea World 8400 points and Las Vegas Boulevard 7000 points
    I just had Hilton Grand Vacations Club exercise ROFR on my purchase offer of $12,800 for 2BRP 12,600 points at King's Land

Japan Spartan likes this.
  18. ccwu

ccwu TUG Member

I just heard that Hilton waived the ROFR for my 6200 points of HGVC Hawaii Village Lagoon tower one bedroom plus for $4200 from eBay today. I had a purchase of HGVC at strip, 7000 points for $5205 from eBay last year. passed too. I am a elite premier member and I don't know if that makes any difference.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Japan Spartan and Elle like this.
  19. Elle

Elle Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Tuscany
    Disney Saratoga Springs
    I'm sorry, but ads are not permitted in the TUG public forums. Please review the TUG Rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
  20. Elle

Elle Guest

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Tuscany
    Disney Saratoga Springs
    Thanks for all your efforts.

21. thegortons

thegortons TUG Member

[edit by moderator to remove ad from posting since against posting rules as noted. This can be listed in TUG Marketplace.]

FYI - There is a no advertising rule on the forums, so don't be surprised if your posting gets edited to remove the above information which makes your posting look like an ad.

Also, while I would consider $7000 a reasonable listing price for that ownership, just know that the TUG Marketplace already has one listed cheaper than that, so you may need to be willing to negotiate on price. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2017
    Elle likes this.
  22. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    I had a 14,400 point 2BRPrem at KL pass rofr at $12,999 in Dec 2015 so timing is everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SkyBlueWaters and jeepinjoel like this.
  23. DazedandConfused

DazedandConfused Guest

Wow....that is a great buy and you were lucky to pass ROFR

24. 1Kflyerguy

1Kflyerguy TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC Kings Land, Marriott Destination Club Points
    Timing is definitely important, HGVC exercised ROFR last month on a similar 14,400 KL contract that i was trying to buy for $13,500.

CalGalTraveler likes this.
  25. Sandy VDH

Sandy VDH TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wynd VIP Plat, HGVC Elite, HICV, + few others
    Perhaps they have a budget for the year for certain high demand units and by end of year the budget is exhausted. Not sure if that is the timing or not.