• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Riverwalk San Antonio Timeshares?

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Bear, Hyatt Vacation Club (Hyatt Highlands), Marriott (Grand Chateau)
Are there any timeshares on or close to Riverwalk? Trying to plan a trip for March 2019...thinking that would be a good time to go.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
There are a couple of Wyndham timeshares near Riverwalk, but we stayed at the Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, which is close to SeaWorld.

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Bear, Hyatt Vacation Club (Hyatt Highlands), Marriott (Grand Chateau)
How far is the Hyatt Wild Oat Ranch from Riverwalk? We though about that...but so many people say you need to stay in a hotel ON the riverwalk! LOL

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Well, parking is expensive near the Alamo, and I can see why people would not want to park down there, day after day. We paid for parking at the mall at Riverwalk three times. I think it was $20 per day, but we got to stay at the Hyatt, which is absolutely gorgeous and comfortable. I love the Hyatt resorts.

lscott

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Riverside Suites timeshare a few years ago. Good location and adequate lodging. did not have a car so don't know about parking. Walking distance to Alamo and all along river area. Tram service all over.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
We have stayed at Wyndham La Cascada several times. Don't forget that March is Spring Break, which brings a lot of families to San Antonio.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Wyndham Riverside Suites is in a much better location on the Riverwalk than La Cascada, although La Cascada is much nicer and has a pool. Riverside Suites is a funky old place very near the Alamo and the sweet spot on the river. HWOR is a resort, much nicer than either Wyndham, but 25 minutes from downtown and the river ( but 5 minutes from SeaWorld and 20 minutes from Fiesta Texas. Also quicker to get to the Hill Country if that is in your plans.). Parking is free at HWOR, and I think $15/day at the Wyndham's. I would choose Riverside Suites for prime Riverwalk location, and enjoy the funkiness of the resort (if you can call it that.)
That being said, we much prefer HWOR. The Riverwalk is great place once or twice, but not for a whole week. We go to Fredericksburg, Luckenbach, New Braunfels, Pearl Street, Sea World, Fiesta Texas, Canyon Lake, etc. So we do some driving.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
The Hyatt is near Seaworld, but not much else. Good location if you are going to tour the area by car, but not a great location for the Riverwalk. Riverside Suites is right in the downtown area on the Riverwalk. La Cascada is downtown, but outside the main Riverwalk area (about 1/4 mile walk).

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just went to SA for spring break this year. We actually stayed at the Residence Inn Alamo location. It was great! It was about a block from the Alamo, 2 blocks from Riverwalk. We loved it! There was also a Wyndham timeshare on the Riverwalk. I'd stay at either location in the future if we went back.

DianneL

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at LaCasada. It was a great property, updated, nice and clean. The walk to Riverwalk is not so long. In fact we enjoyed the walks and did get many steps each day on my Fitbit. Would not recommend LaCasada, however, if anyone in the party is mobility challenged.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We stayed at LaCasada. It was a great property, updated, nice and clean. The walk to Riverwalk is not so long. In fact we enjoyed the walks and did get many steps each day on my Fitbit. Would not recommend LaCasada, however, if anyone in the party is mobility challenged.
Totally agree per "mobility challenged" folks. The Riverwalk can be a nightmare for them, almost an impossibility for wheelchairs.