• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ridge Tahoe question

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
We're spending this week at the Ridge Tahoe. We picked up the week using an AC from Interval. This is our first time at this resort. We are in one of the Naegle buildings (thanks to the TUG reviewer who recommended Naegle 12 - we're pleased with our room and location). For the cost of an AC, I think this was a pretty decent trade.

Ridge Tahoe has many buildings. There are the three Naegle buildings, but also Tower, Plaza, Cascade, and Terrace. After looking around, we have the impression that we would be happier in some of these buildings than in others. I knew nothing about this resort, and didn't know that we would be in one of the Naegle buildings until I received the confirmation from Interval. It seems that only the Naegle buildings have dedicated 2BR units - the others are 2BR lockoffs, if I understand correctly.

My question: when trading into Ridge Tahoe via Interval and selecting a week, is there any way to know in advance which building you're going to be in (before you finalize the trade)? Do the three different Interval resort codes (RGT, RT1, RT2) tip you off? Or are you stuck waiting until you receive the confirmation from Interval to find out what building your room will be in? What if you phone Interval to make the trade - would a phone rep be able to tell you?

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did your II confirmation indicate a Naegle building placement?

I actually don't remember an II confirmation listing the building, and I have always called the resort to request my preferred location. I don't believe the II codes correspond to buildings, but correspond to inventory assignments (developer or owner weeks/points perhaps).

We own a two bedroom lock-off in the Plaza building, but we greatly prefer to stay in the Naegle buildings due to their size, location (no hill to walk up to the Club House), view, large balcony, and plenty of underground parking. However, I don't want to own a Naegle, because I want to be able to lock off and trade.

I have traded back into the resort receiving a two bedroom for a one bedroom, and always call the resort to request a Naegle building assignment. About 80% of the time the resort has given me what I asked for.

So if what you are asking is can you only request certain buildings through II, the answer would be no, you are getting the luck of the draw as an exchanger.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Yes, my confirmation from II clearly says NAEGLE. I'll copy and paste:

The Ridge Tahoe
400 Ridge Club Drive
Stateline, NV 894499820

2 Bedroom, 2 Bath
06 Privately, 06 Maximum

Unit Number NAEGLE

It's highly likely that you, as an owner, have far more ability to select your building (and your location/view) than I do as a lowly exchanger. So as an exchanger, if we like the Naegle buildings and wanted to return here, I'm trying to figure out how we'd know that we're likely to end up in one of these buildings again. My wife is pretty picky, so "luck of the draw" is risky for me. I try hard to have things set up in advance so that she'll be pleased.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are just regular II exchangers as well we when exchange back into the resort. Even after your confirmation, a call to the front desk can't hurt.

Ridge Tahoe has a very cosy relationship with II. There is an II office in the Resort Center (ext. 3180). You could ask them for more info about the resort codes and even the possibility of requesting only certain buildings as an exchange, although I'm sure that could only be done be phone, similar to changing your check in request day to a Thursday when placing an II request.

Anyway, we use the Ridge Tahoe for skiing and don't care too much about which building we're in. Yes, some of the buildings look like concrete monoliths from the outside but they've all been updated inside and are quite nice.

The Cascade building also has fairly spacious layout and each of their 2 bedrooms sleep 8, as opposed to all the other buildings that have 2 bedrooms sleeping 6.

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
What building would be best to request at the Ridge Tahoe if during ski season. And what building request would have best chances of having a view?
We are confirmed into a two bedroom sleeping six.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Naegles (10, 11, 12) are closest to the skier express.

For view, I guess it depends what you want to see. Tower and Plaza buildings overlook the Carson Valley in Nevada. The Naegles overlook the Stagecoach run and lift. I prefer to overlook the ski run and lift so that I can see how busy the lift line is.

Terrace and Cascade look down upon the Stagecoach parking lot, but you can still see the surrounding mountains, so the view isn't so bad.