• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Restructuring my HGVC holdings

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Got an offer from Judi's group for $750 each (because I've bought several from them). Maybe it's worth it to have them to all the work in this case?

Cheers.

I have sold with Judi and the fees and professional closing was worth it to me. But one cost I did not anticipate is that you are likely to get an offer from another broker and that added another $500 in fees in addition to Judi's fees. But the offer was a bit higher so it really washed. I was ready to sell so I went with it.

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
I think it will. They don’t seem to be ROFRing many Elara units... though, this is not an average Elara unit, so maybe.
I don’t care much about Vegas , I wanted to add points to expand my HGVC points . Seller tried to add 2020 mf to make it looks like $1 per point .

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t care much about Vegas , I wanted to add points to expand my HGVC points . Seller tried to add 2020 mf to make it looks like $1 per point .

That's one thing I've heard is being/can be done: Add in things like the MFs for the ROFR reporting, and then rebate after-the-fact.

Cheers.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I think it will. They don’t seem to be ROFRing many Elara units... though, this is not an average Elara unit, so maybe.

Yeah, Elara is a huge resort and they need owners paying MF’s there. I think you will be fine.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
There is an Ebay listing for 7k 2BR Platinum week at SeaWorld with less than 50min left. Bid has been stationary at $4100.

Sean

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is an Ebay listing for 7k 2BR Platinum week at SeaWorld with less than 50min left. Bid has been stationary at $4100.

Sean

Thanks. MF ratio is certainly better than what I'm paying now, but still on the higher side, IMO.

What's also interesting is that the same seller has 3 other active listings, and all finish within less than 10 minutes of each other.

Cheers.

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
That's one thing I've heard is being/can be done: Add in things like the MFs for the ROFR reporting, and then rebate after-the-fact.

Cheers.[/QUOTE
Seller never mention about rebate me later. HGVC send out MF around January , i don't want cause all the confusion later and get MF bill from HGVC again. I paid with credit card so 3% charged as well

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
Yeah, Elara is a huge resort and they need owners paying MF’s there. I think you will be fine.
This resort is tricky. 40% own by Westgate ; HGVC and Blackstone own 60%. I think HGVC own only 20%. If HGVC get bought out, higher risk for me to loose HGVC.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
So there is a 9600 pt. Boulevard that is constructed of two 4800 pt. Platinum 1BR. The claim is that the MF are $1261 for the package, but that seems low?

If this is accurate, it's only about $120 more than the single 9600 pt. Plat 3BR, and maybe $3000 less, so that would take 30 years to recoup...

It also has 0 bids and closes in under and hour.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar

Sean
Stay away from this seller. after 3 months, they told me they just submitted to HGVC got ROFR.. I called my credit card company and they refunded my money.
Global Resort Transfer Inc. Google this company, very bad rating.
www.globalresorttransfer.com
8900 SW 107th Ave

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
So there is a 9600 pt. Boulevard that is constructed of two 4800 pt. Platinum 1BR. The claim is that the MF are $1261 for the package, but that seems low?

If this is accurate, it's only about $120 more than the single 9600 pt. Plat 3BR, and maybe $3000 less, so that would take 30 years to recoup...

It also has 0 bids and closes in under and hour.

Cheers.
I would not buy two contract , it will not hold the value if anything under 7,000 points, very hard to sell.

Last edited:

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed. What if the plan is to use it for quite a while and sell way down the road? Seems a good price and quite reasonable MF for the point total, even if two contracts?

Cheers.

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
Agreed. What if the plan is to use it for quite a while and sell way down the road? Seems a good price and quite reasonable MF for the point total, even if two contracts?

Cheers.[/QUOTE
You have the estoppel from the seller? 5,000 point for Boulevard $878 + $176 club= 1,054
9,600 points for $1261???

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll get estoppel prior to payment. The $176 is not included in their calculation, and I already pay HGVC dues, so I'm not worried about this. This is a 4800 1BR platinum x2, not the Gold 5000 point 2BR.

(By the way - I very much appreciate the input of the many here who know quite a bit more than I do about this :))

Cheers.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

Cheers.

The fees for the 2 contracts will double. They will run you over $2000 (you would pay the $409 transfer for both, correct?) The MF’s look correct, though. Each 1 bedroom at The Boulevard is $610.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The fees for the 2 contracts will double. They will run you over $2000 (you would pay the $409 transfer for both, correct?) The MF’s look correct, though. Each 1 bedroom at The Boulevard is $610.

The seller (who got back to me very quickly) indicated that it's one transfer fee (one deed), but two activation fees. Given the price advantage over a single 9600 point 3BR, this still comes out ahead, and MFs only a bit higher. @Bao Nguyen's point about resale, though, are certainly valid down the road.

OTOH, with zero bids, it could well come back at a lower price :)

Cheers.

Last edited:

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
The seller (who got back to me very quickly) indicated that it's one transfer fee (one deed), but two activation fees. Given the price advantage over a single 9600 point 3BR, this still some out ahead, and MFs only a bit higher. @Bao Nguyen's point about resale, though, are certainly valid down the road.

Cheers.
two activation fee? $609 x 2 ouch.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup. But much less than the current price I see for a single 9600 point. Certainly not as good as yours, but still under $1/point, and maybe $2500 more than this one. Of course, this is just today :)
Cheers.

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
Yup. But much less than the current price I see for a single 9600 point. Certainly not as good as yours, but still under $1/point, and maybe $2500 more than this one. Of course, this is just today :)
Cheers.
since this is not your first HGVC, why are you so rush? I don't think it a good deal, correct me if I'm wrong. You are trying to sell two contracts for two contracts lower MF? but you are paying a lot up front for the two new contracts ? are you buying for points? for me I don't care about about how many bed rooms . I'm using my points in Hawaii.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
These are just points for Hawai'i as well. I want to sell two contracts with higher $/MF ratio for lower ratio and about the same (10K) points. This has the points and a much lower ratio. This seems a low up-front price for 9600 points, but I agree about not rushing. Just seems better deals may be hard to find overall (initial price and MF ratio).

Sounds close to your very good deal, with just some more ($609) in activation fee...

But it is now over with no bid. I'm an impatient New Yorker, and it was hard to restrain, but I did :)

Cheers.

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
These are just points for Hawai'i as well. I want to sell two contracts with higher $/MF ratio for lower ratio and about the same (10K) points. This has the points and a much lower ratio. This seems a low up-front price for 9600 points, but I agree about not rushing. Just seems better deals may be hard to find overall (initial price and MF ratio).

Sounds close to your very good deal, with just some more ($609) in activation fee...

Cheers.[/QUOTE
few months ago, I bought Westin Kaanapali two bed rooms ocean view
so you did not bid? my deal came with 9600 points from 2019. Hopefully my deal close before December 31th.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not. We don't need any 2019 points, so while that would be nice, it doesn't make as much difference to us, even though we could bank.

Cheers.