• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resorts with fixed weeks?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a list of which HGVC resorts have fixed weeks?

AFAIK, only "event" weeks were fixed weeks (week 52 or whatever for like New Years), but there's someone on the FB group that keeps claiming that all the HGVC resorts have fixed weeks for sale, you just have to find them.

Which may be true, I don't know.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Not sure if I have seen a listing, and don't think all the resorts have them. But certainly some of the affiliates have fixed weeks beyond just Christmas and New Years.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Not sure if I have seen a listing, and don't think all the resorts have them. But certainly some of the affiliates have fixed weeks beyond just Christmas and New Years.
Have seen Marbrisa and grand Pacific palisades summer fixed weeks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I understand that you can pay extra to HGVC to make any contract a fixed week, but only from the developer, very rare to see them on the resale market. The event weeks can only be purchased as fixed.

Keep in mind when you are on the FB group that the majority purchased direct, and many are elite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Thanksgiving is fixed week at W 57th St.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I believe Valdoro sold fixed ski weeks and Craigendarroch.

I've seen fixed weeks advertised for Lagoon and Kalia Towers at HHV.
I know the Grand Waikikian penthouse units are fixed week. I'm assuming Grand Islander Penthouse units may be the same.
I won't be surprised if other HGVC beachfront locations sold fixed weeks in addition to float weeks.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Most, if not all, of the SW Florida affiliates have at least some fixed weeks (in addition to 51 & 52).

Kurt

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Many (probably all) of the Florida affiliates (Gulf and Atlantic Coast) have fix weeks.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
One way is to look at the old schedule of weeks and it marked with an E which weeks were event weeks.
But those aren't the only fixed weeks at many of those resorts. For example, both Valdoro and Sunrise Lodge sold at least a portion of their ski weeks as fixed weeks. Same with the Florida coast affiliates.

Kurt

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
All Craigendarroch lodge units are fixed weeks. They are even auto booked. If you want your points instead then you have to call Hilton and cancel your week to get your points. I own 2 consecutive weeks in June.

When we were at HHV last year they offered to upgrade my 5000 point vegas unit to a 6200 point fixed week at the Hokulani for $16000. I almost laughed out loud in his face. $16000 for an extra 1200 points per year just because it was an event week! I can't remember if it was week 51 or 52. Either Christmas or New Years. Either way, still ridiculous!