• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resorts Are Sold Out of Christmas and New Year's Weeks - But Still Available on RedWeek.com

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek is finally getting some recognition outside the closed circle of TS owners!

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-still-available-on-redweekcom-300748979.html

Resorts Are Sold Out of Christmas and New Year's Weeks - But Still Available on RedWeek.com

NEWS PROVIDED BY

RedWeek.com
08:45 ET

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

• timeshare rentals by-owner on RedWeek.com.

RedWeek_com_Maui_Ocean_Club.jpg

Marriott's Maui Ocean Club, Hawaii
    RedWeek_com_Westin_Lagunamar.jpg

Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas, Cancun

In order to snag prime Christmas and New Years' time, timeshare owners either had to pay a premium on their original purchase to get guaranteed holiday weeks, or had to book as much as 13-months in advance. Travelers are benefitting from these owners' diligence – often at a significant discount over what they would have paid by booking with the resort direct.

The top 5 resorts booked on RedWeek.com for Christmas and New Year's travel in 2018 are:
    1. Marriott's Maui Ocean Club, Maui, Hawaii
    2. Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort, Maui, Hawaii
    3. Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club, Oahu, Hawaii
    4. Marriott's Aruba Surf Club, Aruba
    5. Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun
    As of November 12, Marriott is nearly sold out of Maui Ocean Club Christmas weeks on their website – with only remaining one-bedroom units priced at $648/night. RedWeek still has a selection of unit sizes at a 34% discount - owners' prices start at just $429/night.

Marriott's Aruba Surf Club is completely sold out on Marriott's website, and they have only a few studios left for New Year's. Meanwhile, on RedWeek, there are nearly two hundred Christmas and New Years' Weeks still available by-owner.

Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa in Cancun still has limited Christmas weeks left with prices starting at $383/night for a basic hotel-style unit, when renting from them directly. RedWeek members can access a broader selection of dates and unit-sizes, while saving about 40% renting by-owner – units start at just $229/night.

Considered one of travel's best-kept-secrets, word is getting out. With last year's introduction of the RedWeek Paymentsplatform, where travelers can book their vacation online with a credit card and payment protection, RedWeek has already seen a 35% increase in Christmas and New Year's bookings for 2018. Due to high demand for the service, the company is working on rapidly expanding accommodating online booking for all rental weeks.

About RedWeek.com

RedWeek.com is the largest online marketplace for timeshare rentals and resales-by-owner, with more than 2.6 million subscribers and an A+ Better Business Bureau rating.

At RedWeek.com, you can find reviews, ratings, prices, availability, and complete resort descriptions for all timeshare resorts worldwide.

Timeshare owners can make use of a variety of easy online tools to rent or sell their timeshare, and participate in forums to discuss important owner issues.

Media Contact:
    Jeff Weir
    204760@email4pr.com
    310-801-3479

SOURCE RedWeek.com

Related Links
    https://www.redweek.com

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
All resorts can rent out that week at a higher price for Christmas and New Year IMHO.

Please look at the week after New Years and you will see a huge drop in availability and in price IMHO.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
All resorts can rent out that week at a higher price for Christmas and New Year IMHO.

Please look at the week after New Years and you will see a huge drop in availability and in price IMHO.

Of course the New Year's week is popular at most resorts. The reason i posted it because it mentioned Redweek, i do not think there is a lot of media attention to the timeshare world in general.

Grandma2016

Reaction score
Just started using Redweek. We own several Week 52 in Maui and they rented within days of posting. It is a user friendly site to advertise on.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-still-available-on-redweekcom-300748979.html

This link is a PR announcement posted by Redweek in the hopes of getting picked up by media outlets. It is not news. Redweek does provide interesting factoids though from its own private database. This is an example of how a company tries to “create” news out of PR and trick people into thinking it is news. There is nothing wrong with this. We consumers just need to be aware.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

This link is a PR announcement posted by Redweek in the hopes of getting picked up by media outlets. It is not news. Redweek does provide interesting factoids though from its own private database. This is an example of how a company tries to “create” news out of PR and trick people into thinking it is news. There is nothing wrong with this. We consumers just need to be aware.
I had read the "news" somewhere else,google sent me an alert that i had set up for news concerning Lagunamar

http://www.sys-con.com/node/4345324

Most news nowadays is manufactured or pushed by companies, groups, political parties

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I had read the "news" somewhere else,google sent me an alert that i had set up for news concerning Lagunamar

http://www.sys-con.com/node/4345324

Most news nowadays is manufactured or pushed by companies, groups, political parties

This is exactly my point. It is PR. If it can get picked up by the major “mainstream” media, then it at least has worked.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yup, just another advertisement posing as a news article. It was actually written by Redweek. My submitting through PRNewswire it gets picked up by other media outlets.