• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort Fee Warning: Grand Bliss Nuevo Vallarta

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
As Per RCI:

Mandatory resort fees per week:

Hotel unit 420.00 U.S. dollars.
1B unit 630.00 U.S. dollars.
2B unit 1050.00 U.S. dollars.

Stayed there twice and it wasnt that bad!

NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN!!!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
As Per RCI:
!!!

There are other ways to exchange into Vidanta .
SFX is still $ 75 per week .

More information can be found in other threads .

added - FYI - the change to the resort fees as posted was in July 2018 on RCI.
NV & RM are at the dollar level listed .
The dollar amount is the same for MP , Bliss , GM , GB & GL / based on unit size as listed .

PV - ACA - PP are lower
not sure what GM Cabo rate is .
the Vidanta Mazatlan location currently has no resort fee / but does list construction noise into 2019 .

Last edited:

kirby3

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are other ways to exchange into Vidanta .
SFX is still $ 75 per week .

More information can be found in other threads .

added - FYI - the change to the resort fees as posted was in July 2018 on RCI.
NV & RM are at the dollar level listed .
The dollar amount is the same for MP , Bliss , GM , GB & GL / based on unit size as listed .

PV - ACA - PP are lower
not sure what GM Cabo rate is .
the Vidanta Mazatlan location currently has no resort fee / but does list construction noise into 2019 .
What does th
As Per RCI:

Stayed there twice and it wasnt that bad!

NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN!!!
what

My friends are going to maya palace cancun. They booked through someone over phone offering RCI packages and you get so many resort weeks off a list to use in 2 years I think. Anyway they were offered another unit the same week they are going for $87 for the week. So now they are bringing there children. Will they get extra charges once they get there???

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
what
My friends are going to maya palace cancun. They booked through someone over phone offering RCI packages and you get so many resort weeks off a list to use in 2 years I think. Anyway they were offered another unit the same week they are going for $87 for the week. So now they are bringing there children. Will they get extra charges once they get there???

The resort fee was revised (lower)this week for new bookings on RCI .
See thread in TUG Mexican Forum started by EricB yesterday.

Vidanta honors prior fee listings . Your friends need to get / or look at their reservation confirmation .

also : if you rent from a (Vidanta - Mayan) owner then there is no resort fee , since the resort fee is for exchanges .

kirby3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...they got it through RCI but they have nothing to exchange. They are not members of RCI. They paid $3000 or something like that and they got a week at a resort and they have a 7 day cruise booked. Since they have bought this package before they call them all the time offering ...They chose riviera maya palace cancun as the resort and then got this bonus week just recently offered to them for $87. So I am a bit confused on what this fee is...and I hope they are not going to be surprised when they get there (Mexico)in December as there are 6 adults (family) now going....

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hmmm...they got it through RCI but they have nothing to exchange. They are not members of RCI. They paid $3000 or something like that and they got a week at a resort and they have a 7 day cruise booked. Since they have bought this package before they call them all the time offering ...They chose riviera maya palace cancun as the resort and then got this bonus week just recently offered to them for $87. So I am a bit confused on what this fee is...and I hope they are not going to be surprised when they get there (Mexico)in December as there are 6 adults (family) now going....

Are you sure it is Mayan Palace -Vidanta ?
I believe there are some other resorts that have the name “ Palace “

I believe there is a RUI Palace in Cancun / but there may be another entity
in Cancun that is xxxx Palace .

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Maybe it is an Extra Vacation or something like that. The Mayan Palace Riviera Maya is about 20 miles northh of Cancun airport. $87 is really low price though. Our best was $375 for a 2-bedroom extra vacation on II for $375 at the Grand Mayan Nuevo.

Tell them to bring their original paperwork with them when they check in!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
RCI travel, which is actually run by ICE, does sell cruise packages combined with resort certificates, so I think you’re on the right track, Phyllis. They do a fair amount of telemarketing. If you book a cruise that way, you wind up using a different website that they run; I think it's something like RCIcruiser.com or something like that. I did one of those about ten years ago, but never wound up using the resort certificate. ICE is well connected with Vidanta, so may have low or no resort fees with those certificates if that's what it is. I believe they still have the $75 resort fee for booking Vidanta through them otherwise. They seem to have a lot of access to Pueblo Bonito resorts as well.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hmmm...they got it through RCI but they have nothing to exchange. They are not members of RCI. They paid $3000 or something like that and they got a week at a resort and they have a 7 day cruise booked. Since they have bought this package before they call them all the time offering ...when they get there (Mexico)in December ......

Hi kirby3,
I think EricB - in the post above - may have figured out the answer to your question.

Have your friends check the details of their confirmation documents .

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI travel, which is actually run by ICE, does sell cruise packages combined with resort certificates, so I think you’re on the right track, Phyllis. They do a fair amount of telemarketing. If you book a cruise that way, you wind up using a different website that they run; I think it's something like RCIcruiser.com or something like that. I did one of those about ten years ago, but never wound up using the resort certificate. ICE is well connected with Vidanta, so may have low or no resort fees with those certificates if that's what it is. I believe they still have the $75 resort fee for booking Vidanta through them otherwise. They seem to have a lot of access to Pueblo Bonito resorts as well.

Yeah, sounds like the SFX Travel store "package" deals they sell.

$3k for a week (timeshare) and a week cruise isn't very good, IMO.

They had (once, long time ago) 1 week cruise (I forget what category it went up to, I *think* ocean view --not balcony), for a week, a timeshare week (well via the ICE/SFX Travel store, so the resort quality is all over the place), and they gave me another bonus week plus 4 free exchanges (which saved me $150x4 since I'm SFX Platinum) for like $2300.

That wasn't bad. Not great, but not bad. The downside is that you cannot use the Cruise Certificate (uses ovs search which Hilton actually used to partner with before they switched to CruisesOnly) with any other cruise offers. So like if Carnival was offering $50 OBC, no can't use that with the cert.

Although on *select* NCL cruises, you could use the "get 3 free" thing.

I vaguely recall I ended up using both weeks on the timeshare side. I think one we used at Vidanta, and were able to snag a Grand Luxxe. The other I used for El Cid Marina in Puerto Morelos, as it gave us a discounted AI rate for 2 people for $350, (we went in May), so not bad. El Cid was OK, not a 5* resort. Probably a 3.5*, but we had a good time even with some seaweed and windy weather.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
What does th

what

This sounds right to me. I have a private ICE Rewards account and I recently stayed in a 1 bedroom at the Grand Luxxe for $19 for the week and a $75 resort fee. ICE Rewards has specials all the time for the Vidanta properties.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

kirby3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update- December 2018 fee was $50 per day per unit for 'cleaning fees" on top of whatever they paid for the units my friends said. They had 2- one bedroom units. So $700 US dollars extra for the one week. I must say I thought it would be worse. I thought it would be $700 per week 'per unit' extra! And the resorts (Vidanta Maya Riviera) were pretty much empty.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Update- December 2018 fee was $50 per day per unit for 'cleaning fees" on top of whatever they paid for the units my friends said. They had 2- one bedroom units. So $700 US dollars extra for the one week. I must say I thought it would be worse. I thought it would be $700 per week 'per unit' extra! And the resorts (Vidanta Maya Riviera) were pretty much empty.

Was this on top of the resort fee? What exchange system did they use and were they informed of the "cleaning fees" when they booked it? The RCI site doesn't disclose an additional "cleaning fee," though I've seen placards in the room about a few to do your dishes, etc., if you don't want to.

We're in Nuevo Vallarta now and it's not empty, as you would expect for a holiday week. It will be interesting to see if the fees have made a difference. In any case, the housekeeping has been a bit spotty, so I'd object to $50 a day for cleaning....

kirby3

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was I think what Eric B- in an above post- is talking about. They called on phone but were claiming to be through RCI somehow. No they did not know about the fee (unless they did not read fine print in email from them)but they also thought a breakfast buffet was included which it was not... They communicated through email... it looks like on the RCI website that you have to pay a fee of some kind 14 days before you go. is that fee on top of what you exchanged or rented for as well???

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That’s the way they are doing the additional resort fees for RCI/II/Registry Collection now, with a 14 day prepayment. Through SFX, the resort fee is still just $75 per unit per week. The amount varies by location and unit size, although I didn’t think it was $350 for a week in a 1 BR in RM. it was near that, but not exactly; that’s why it sounded like something different to me.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Deleted because my question was answered above