• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reservation date change

Niteflite

Reaction score
Hi. Would someone help me with this question. I made a reservation online already. I want to stay at the same resort but change the dates. Online the only change allowed seems to be the check in person name. Do I need to cancel and reebok? If so do I need to pay the reservation fee again.

If I call and request the change so I still need to pay the fee?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
Hi. Would someone help me with this question. I made a reservation online already. I want to stay at the same resort but change the dates. Online the only change allowed seems to be the check in person name. Do I need to cancel and reebok? If so do I need to pay the reservation fee again.

If I call and request the change so I still need to pay the fee?

Yes. You need to cancel and rebook. It will also use another reservation transaction.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
yes, if you don't have any reservation transactions left you will have to pay.

Niteflite

Reaction score
Hm. What about one "stay" but mixing up room types due to availability. E. G. 3 nights in 1 br, 3 nights in 2 br.

Does this count as two separate reservations?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Hm. What about one "stay" but mixing up room types due to availability. E. G. 3 nights in 1 br, 3 nights in 2 br.

Does this count as two separate reservations?

Yes. It would be two reservations.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you have to book them separately then you pay a transaction fee for each.

Niteflite

Reaction score
Oh it keeps getting better.

How many reservation transacting am I allotted?

The web site shows 0 now.

I've made and canceled two so far this year. I'm in biennial plan

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Oh it keeps getting better.

How many reservation transacting am I allotted?

The web site shows 0 now.

I've made and canceled two so far this year. I'm in biennial plan

You get 1 reservation transaction for every 77k points you own annually.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
If you try to cancel and rebook the stay to tweak the dates the original reservation may not come back, at all or until the next day. If there isn't another unit you can see before you cancel you might not want to cancel. Could you just book the additional nights you need or are you needing to change the reservation more than that? Even if it means you end up with a night you won't be using, especially if it is a lower point week night, you might be better off tweaking the reservation that way.

Depending on which end the night you won't be using is you can use it to have an early check in or late check out. When we go to Vegas we have usually have a late evening flight coming home on a week night. I book that day so we don't have to be out of the unit in the morning and have to store our luggage or leave in the car wherever we go all day. And if it is a Sunday night flight home then I certainly don't want to have to be up and packed to be out of the unit by 10am after a Saturday night in Vegas.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you try to cancel and rebook the stay to tweak the dates the original reservation may not come back, at all or until the next day. If there isn't another unit you can see before you cancel you might not want to cancel. Could you just book the additional nights you need or are you needing to change the reservation more than that? Even if it means you end up with a night you won't be using, especially if it is a lower point week night, you might be better off tweaking the reservation that way.

Depending on which end the night you won't be using is you can use it to have an early check in or late check out. When we go to Vegas we have usually have a late evening flight coming home on a week night. I book that day so we don't have to be out of the unit in the morning and have to store our luggage or leave in the car wherever we go all day. And if it is a Sunday night flight home then I certainly don't want to have to be up and packed to be out of the unit by 10am after a Saturday night in Vegas.

The only thing to keep in mind with the second stay tacked onto the beginning or end is more housekeeping fees, which are as much as 10x the $19 booking fee if you are out of credits.

-Scott

Niteflite

Reaction score
The only thing to keep in mind with the second stay tacked onto the beginning or end is more housekeeping fees, which are as much as 10x the $19 booking fee if you are out of credits.

-Scott
Housekeeping is optional, correct?

Niteflite

Reaction score
Can you help me understand.

I logged in. It shows 56 housekeeping credits. Total user year credits 210.

What does this mean

This is my first year of biennial ownership. I made and canceled a few reservations. But now I have two booked to use up 170k of 210k points. The housekeeping balance is 56

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
Can you help me understand.

I logged in. It shows 56 housekeeping credits. Total user year credits 210.

What does this mean

This is my first year of biennial ownership. I made and canceled a few reservations. But now I have two booked to use up 170k of 210k points. The housekeeping balance is 56

Housekeeping is based on size of unit regardless of length of stay for the cleaning between people. If you have shot stays you will use them up. When booking your last points if you don't have enough ot will let you know and give you the price for what you need before finalizing your reservation

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Housekeeping is based on size of unit regardless of length of stay for the cleaning between people. If you have shot stays you will use them up. When booking your last points if you don't have enough ot will let you know and give you the price for what you need before finalizing your reservation

One small correction; the length of the stay does affect the amount of Housekeeping Credits needed. In a 1 bedroom, you need to have 63 Credits for up to 7 nights, 126 for up to 14, and 189 for up to 21 nights. The annoying thing about this is that if you stay 2 nights, you'll use a week's worth of credits, and by the same token if you stay for an 8th night, you'll use 2 full weeks worth of HK Credits.

And as Dave pointed out if you need more Credits to make your reservation than you have, you will have to buy additional Credits at a rate of 2.25 per credit.

This is for non VIP accounts of course.

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
However, if you are staying on a split reservation in the same room and do not require a cleaning between the two reservations, you can request the second housekeeping fee charged be refunded. But if you do have to change rooms, they will have to clean it, so you will have to pay the HK.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
So if I needed an 8 night stay somewhere, I could book a same size unit for 5 nights and for 3 nights consecutively (assuming availability) and then ask at check in to be kept in the same room? If so, would it be fair to assume that there would almost never be an issue with staying in place?

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
So if I needed an 8 night stay somewhere, I could book a same size unit for 5 nights and for 3 nights consecutively (assuming availability) and then ask at check in to be kept in the same room? If so, would it be fair to assume that there would almost never be an issue with staying in place?

Resorts will really try to keep you in the same unit but you have to make sure you are booking the exact type of unit. They don’t want to have to move people and clean any more units than they have to. It’s best to call the resort directly about a week before check in and let them know you have two consecutive reservations and would like to stay in the same unit. After your stay is complete you can call Wyndham (may have to talk to Owner Services) and request HK for second reservation back. They may have to verify with resort that you weren’t moved before refunding.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
One small correction; the length of the stay does affect the amount of Housekeeping Credits needed. In a 1 bedroom, you need to have 63 Credits for up to 7 nights, 126 for up to 14, and 189 for up to 21 nights. The annoying thing about this is that if you stay 2 nights, you'll use a week's worth of credits, and by the same token if you stay for an 8th night, you'll use 2 full weeks worth of HK Credits.

And as Dave pointed out if you need more Credits to make your reservation than you have, you will have to buy additional Credits at a rate of 2.25 per credit.

This is for non VIP accounts of course.

True, should have put up to a week
Resorts will really try to keep you in the same unit but you have to make sure you are booking the exact type of unit. They don’t want to have to move people and clean any more units than they have to. It’s best to call the resort directly about a week before check in and let them know you have two consecutive reservations and would like to stay in the same unit. After your stay is complete you can call Wyndham (may have to talk to Owner Services) and request HK for second reservation back. They may have to verify with resort that you weren’t moved before refunding.

Does that mean you can get a HK refund on a 14 day stay if they don't clean the room in the middle? If not, back-to-back reservations (7 nights+7 nights) would actually be cheaper than a 14-night reservation.

-Scott

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
True, should have put up to a week

Does that mean you can get a HK refund on a 14 day stay if they don't clean the room in the middle? If not, back-to-back reservations (7 nights+7 nights) would actually be cheaper than a 14-night reservation.

-Scott

I have unlimited HK so haven’t tried it, but I would try it if not. If you don’t get the service you shouldn’t have to pay for it. I’d think you’d have a good argument for a refund.