TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Reservation at Grand Bliss, NV Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by MoPops, May 1, 2019.

1. MoPops

MoPops TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
    Wyndham Pagossa Spgs
    We have reservation for mid to late Jan in NV at Grand Bliss (2BR)
    As usual, I haven’t done all the homework I should have. How’s the weather there in mid Jan? I’m hoping it’s warm enough for water time with grandkids.
    What’s the process for getting a spot by the water park areas? Wave pool, slides, and or lazy river? Are any areas set aside for GB? Do I need to go down and stake out areas early in the morning?
    Also, does NV have a market area with restaurants like at RM? We really enjoyed eating there this last Jan.
    I’m looking forward to getting back to NV. My wife didn’t enjoy it as much as RM due to the size of the property, and getting around from a GL loft, which was pretty far back.
    Thx

2. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Massanutten, Wyndham Bali Hai, Vidanta Estates, Buganvilias Sky Suites
    NV doesn’t have a market like Salum in RM, but they were talking about putting something fairly similar in. Didn’t see any construction on that last time I was there.

There is a Grand Bliss pool and area on the beach. That’s where Chiringuito is in NV. It didn’t look all that crowded when I was there in January this year, but I was over at GL, so can’t really say from first hand experience.

MoPops likes this.
  3. MoPops

MoPops TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Pagossa Spgs
    Thanks. How was your weather? We found the GL pool to be pretty crowded when we were there last time. We ended up moving to the other GL pool that does not have ocean view, and found it to be a lot more peaceful.
    I’ve not stayed at GB before. Taking along additional family of 2 adults, and three wee ones, we wanted another BR.

4. Eric B

Eric B TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Massanutten, Wyndham Bali Hai, Vidanta Estates, Buganvilias Sky Suites
    We usually use the tower 4 pool; it’s less crowded and there’s more shade than at Punta. Not enough spots at the one on the roof of tower 5 unless you get there really early, either.

Weather was decent and the ocean was warm, but the pools were a bit cool. They can heat them, though, and will if enough people complain. The pool manager for NV is Wendy; you can usually find her by the GL beach cabanas.

MoPops likes this.
  5. StructureGuy

StructureGuy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Vidanta
    Most everything is on the internet;
    Average January high temperature is 80º F rarely getting above 84º F
    Average January low temperature is 62º F rarely getting below 56º F
    January ocean temperature 78.5º F high, 76º F average, 73.5º F low

MoPops and hurnik like this.
  6. pittle

pittle Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    Buganvilias Sky Suites
    Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
    NV is a great choice for the family!

The GB pool is nice and so is the MP pool - both have fewer folks than the GL & GM pools.

We have not been to any of the Mayan World resorts in January, as our preferred travel times have been November and February since we became owners in 1999. The weather is awesome at both of these months, so I would assume that it is nice in January too.

Someone in your group should go down early to snag a family space near the kids area and wave pool. When we went with a group of 9 with 2 small kiddos, one of the guys would go down and snag us a space - one of the palapa beds with surrounding chaises and chairs close to the one of the wave pools each morning. Generally, 2 of the guys went down so we could have what was decreed the favorite spot by the moms. Our family rule was that someone in the group was ALWAYS there - no towels of beach bags left in our spaces for hours! If some went to a restaurant, others just ordered from the wait staff. BTW - Chiringuito is a great lunch spot!

Spring for a day in Bucerias for a family fun beach day! Any of the beachfront restaurants are good. We have liked the first on that is orange and white - El Chivervo - because the bathrooms are the nicest! We have not been in the past couple of years, so others may have upgraded their facilities. Send a "scouting crew" to check them out before everyone goes. The food is great at all. The places where you can sit under a shade in the sand keeps the kiddos busy!

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    MoPops likes this.
  7. MoPops

MoPops TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Pagossa Spgs
    Thank you Phyllis! Son in law and myself will go down early. Definitely better than trying to coat down three little ones with sunscreen. ;)
    We like Chiringuito at RM also. We thought the kiddos would also like the laser show. Hopefully they still do that.

I was concerned it was far enough north compared to RM that Jan temps might be a bit cooler. I googled it some time ago, and got the same info. Still wanted first hand info from folks that stayed there.
    Thx

8. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency
    Taranova
    Nice Beach in NV / Turtle Egg hatchery is on the beach just to the right (facing the ocean)
    of where the Grand Mayan’s are located .

The biologists do a nightly release around 5 pm and there is a learning presentation that is kid focused - but also interesting for adults .

MoPops likes this.