TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

rescinding bluegreen!

Discussion in 'Bluegreen Vacations' started by ppdaazn23, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Grammarhero

Grammarhero Official TUGBBS Rescission Master TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    Williamsburg Plant, EY 4L/4
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    Intl: Aruba, Aus, Bah, China, Jpn, HK, Macau, Mex
    US: AZ, CA, DC, DE, IL, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV
    Yes. Have your wife sign also. Two weeks ago, we heard the sad story of two cousins signing a TS, but only one signing the rescission. They were stuck.

Do not hand deliver. I recommend you type at the library, then pay for printing there. I suppose you can hand print, but supposed illegible writing gives TS a reason to deny your rescission. Do make copies and send out certified.

How much would the rescission save you?

2. Garys123

Garys123 Guest

I don't have the figures in front of me now, but it seems like the purchase price for 5000 pts plus a "Charter" (Includes all the "extras") was about $15,000. When I ran the numbers, purchase price, loan interest, maint fees and dues for a 10 yr term, it was nearly $26,000! That was a major factor in rescinding as well as 5000 points will get you virtually nothing. I have to admit, it was a slick presentation. They hung out the bait and I bit.

Redeyestired and Grammarhero like this.
  3. Grammarhero

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    US: AZ, CA, DC, DE, IL, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV
    You purchased in TN with a 10 day rescission period.

Maybe what I suggest is handprint your rescission letter neatly, have both you and your wife sign, photocopy everything, and then send certified mail.

Can you get your children, friends, or co workers to help you type and print? How about the library? in a couple of days, if you still cannot get the library, children, friends, or Co workers to print you a typed rescission letter, let us know. I’d be happy to type out a rescission letter with your info, print, and mail to you via USPS. You and your wife would still need to sign, photocopy, and send out certified.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  4. Garys123

Garys123 Guest

I'm actually still in Gatlinburg, leaving tomorrow. I'll stop by the Pigeon Forge library (Actually less than 1 mile from the sales center :) ) to get a printed copy and get it mailed off to sunny Boca Raton FL. While I'm tempted to go to the sales office and do it in person, I realize that is NOT what the contract states needs to be done.

Grammarhero likes this.
  5. Grammarhero

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    Correct. Handing in person has no legal effect.

6. Cvelasco1

Cvelasco1 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Bluegreen

I sent the same letter with all there books but send it ground as overnight was $200 should I just sent the letter overnight?

Grammarhero likes this.
  7. Grammarhero

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    What counts is when you sent the rescission letter, so keep your tracking numbers handy. No need to overnight unless the contract said so. Blue green is not know to require overnight.

Different states have different rescission periods. Where and when did you purchase? When did you send the rescission letter? How much would you save with rescission?

8. csxjohn

csxjohn TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Tropic Shores, 2br. Summer Bay, 3br L/O. Bluegreen Pts.
    Only those who signed the contract should sign the letter.

I believe in keeping it simple. I would change this "After reviewing the materials provided at the presentation, I have decided to exercise my right to RESCIND/CANCEL the contract (Reference # xxxxxxx) as detailed on the enclosed signature page." to

"I hereby cancel my purchase, contract #....."

I would include a copy of the contract and write "cancelled" across it with a Sharpie.

Grammarhero likes this.
  9. TheTimeTraveler

TheTimeTraveler TUG Member

You're wasting your hard earned money by sending it overnight.

Send your rescission letter via USPS Certified Mail. Be sure to send it within the legally allowed time frame and be sure that all parties who signed the purchase agreement (i.e. your spouse) also sign the Rescission Letter. Remember, USPS CERTIFIED MAIL. Go to your local Post Office and they will assist you.

Regarding the books you were provided; Send them back via USPS Parcel Post. This should cost you less than $15 and you will be able to track it all the way.

Remember, you have absolutely no need to use a private delivery service company such as FEDERAL EXPRESS, UPS, OR DHL. These are "For Profit" companies and you pay (really pay) for their services. Why waste money?

The USPS (United States Postal Service) is a "Non Profit" operation and you can get the same services at a fraction of what you would pay a private delivery service company.

Grammarhero and Garys123 like this.
  10. sawblade5

sawblade5 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Bluegreen 15,000 Points
    Well my 45 days have officially passed with no $4050 refund? Who do I need contact now for my Timeshare Purchase in VA?

11. Grammarhero

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    Deleted

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  12. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Their business office. Same as I told you on Aug 12th. They will have the answers, not us. Please post their reply. We want you to be refunded as much as you do.

Jim

Grammarhero likes this.
  13. sawblade5

sawblade5 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Bluegreen 15,000 Points
    Do you know their phone number?

Grammarhero likes this.
  14. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Grammarhero likes this.
  15. csxjohn

Resorts Owned:
    Why recomend that the wife sign when she did not sign the contract? The same people who signed the contract should sign the cancellation letter, no more, no less.

Grammarhero likes this.
  16. TheTimeTraveler

TheTimeTraveler TUG Member

If you don't get satisfaction from the Company from which you purchased this from then you need to contact the Consumer Protection Division at the State Attorney General's office for the State of Virginia.

Provide them with copies of all the rescission paperwork and Postmarked Certified Mail Receipt and provide a detailed explanation of your issue.

They will apply pressure to the seller assuming all your paperwork is in order and was filed in a timely manner (i.e. within the allowable time for rescission).

17. Grammarhero

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    Unless I’m mistaken, the wife signed as well. OP said he and his wife were still at the resort.

csxjohn likes this.
  18. Grammarhero

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    @Cvelasco1
    We hope that your rescission went well and that you are enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS. Solely to track how much TS owners have saved, mind sharing how much you saved with the rescission? As half of all tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming involved.

csxjohn likes this.
  19. csxjohn

Resorts Owned:
    Looks like I read his post wrong, I looked at it as if only he signed the purchase but it looks like he was say that only he signed the cancellation.

The important thing is that everyone who signed the contract also sign the cancellation.

Grammarhero likes this.