• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] rescinding bluegreen!

JBerz

Reaction score
Hello,

My wife and I signed our documents on July 16th in Orlando, FL and sent our cancellation letter on July 19th and it should be delivered sometime today (July 22nd) my concern is, we did not use a template for our cancellation letter, we wrote along the lines of "we would like to cancel our purchase, done 7/16/19 as described in the contract (reference # xxxxx)as of 7/19/19. We expect immediate refund of monies paid during purchase." Both my wife and i signed the letter and included the parts of the contract with the cancellation information.

After sending I noticed that the cancellation verbiage described the address with the ATTN after the company name (BlueGreen Vacations Inc. ATTN: blah blah blah) but on the certified envelope we put the ATTN at the end of the full address.

My questions are:
1)is that type of letter fine?
2)is having the ATTN at the end of the address instead of after the company name fine?

Thank you!!!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hello,

My wife and I signed our documents on July 16th in Orlando, FL and sent our cancellation letter on July 19th and it should be delivered sometime today (July 22nd) my concern is, we did not use a template for our cancellation letter, we wrote along the lines of "we would like to cancel our purchase, done 7/16/19 as described in the contract (reference # xxxxx)as of 7/19/19. We expect immediate refund of monies paid during purchase." Both my wife and i signed the letter and included the parts of the contract with the cancellation information.

After sending I noticed that the cancellation verbiage described the address with the ATTN after the company name (BlueGreen Vacations Inc. ATTN: blah blah blah) but on the certified envelope we put the ATTN at the end of the full address.

My questions are:
1)is that type of letter fine?
2)is having the ATTN at the end of the address instead of after the company name fine?

Thank you!!!

You should be good. There is technically no error. Keep us updated.

JBerz

Reaction score
You should be good. There is technically no error. Keep us updated.
Thank you, So from what you said, Having the ATTN in a different order on the TO address than what was described in the contract is not an issue?

Also after checking the certified mail status on USPS it says the status is "Available for pickup" anyone know what this means?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, So from what you said, Having the ATTN in a different order on the TO address than what was described in the contract is not an issue?

Also after checking the certified mail status on USPS it says the status is "Available for pickup" anyone know what this means?

Should not be an issue. At worst, it’s a schrivener’s error. The “available for pickup” means no one at BG was there so sign (possibly during lunch hour). USPS left a note for someone in BG to come into post office to pick up. That doesn’t matter for you. What matters is the postmark date.

Mind sharing with us how much you saved with the rescission?

JBerz

Reaction score
Should not be an issue. At worst, it’s a schrivener’s error. The “available for pickup” means no one at BG was there so sign (possibly during lunch hour). USPS left a note for someone in BG to come into post office to pick up. That doesn’t matter for you. What matters is the postmark date.

Mind sharing with us how much you saved with the rescission?

Thank you, I will keep tracking it, am on a call with USPS now.
down payment of $2000 on a ~$16,000 purchase (mortgaged the remaining $14000 with a 15% APR over 10 yrs)for 16000 pts Bienially.

Also so that I can double check that the letter is fine below is the exact verbiage used (with some personal info redacted)

"To Whom it May Concern:
After further review of the documentation as well as our financial situation, we would like to cancel our purchase of a time share with your company as of today, July 19, 2019, as spelled out in the contract.

The reference number is XXXXXXX.

We expect the refund of all monies paid on and for initial purchase (July 16, 2019) returned immediately."

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
down payment of $2000 on a ~$16,000 purchase (mortgaged the remaining $14000 with a 15% APR over 10 yrs)for 16000 pts Bienially.

Also so that I can double check that the letter is fine below is the exact verbiage used (with some personal info redacted)

"To Whom it May Concern:
After further review of the documentation as well as our financial situation, we would like to cancel our purchase of a time share with your company as of today, July 19, 2019, as spelled out in the contract.

We expect the refund of all monies paid on and for initial purchase (July 16, 2019) returned immediately."

That is fine. Do not accept any calls from phone numbers you don’t recognize in the next 45 days. You’d likely get your refund sooner.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

"To Whom it May Concern:

It helps you used the word “cancel,” though I would have preferred the word “rescind.” You are good. I would have been worried if you used the word “reconsidered or “thinking about canceling.”

JBerz

Reaction score
It helps you used the word “cancel,” though I would have preferred the word “rescind.” You are good. I would have been worried if you used the word “reconsidered or “thinking about canceling.”

Thank you, yea we chose the word cancel since that it is the word they used in the contract, so we figured to keep in the verbiage of the contract would be the best choice.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, yea we chose the word cancel since that it is the word they used in the contract, so we figured to keep in the verbiage of the contract would be the best choice.
I also liked that you included the July 19, 2019 date. So you are good to go. Get a drink.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

"To Whom it May Concern:

The reference number is XXXXXXX

That will be fine. I tell people to keep it simple and there is no need to give a reason for canceling.

I moderate a Bluegreen group on Facebook and everyone who asks about cancelling is pretty much in a state of panic so just relax. As long as you sent a letter within the proper time frame to the correct address you will be fine.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That will be fine. I tell people to keep it simple and there is no need to give a reason for canceling.

I moderate a Bluegreen group on Facebook and everyone who asks about cancelling is pretty much in a state of panic so just relax. As long as you sent a letter within the proper time frame to the correct address you will be fine.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks JBerz is in the clear.

JBerz

Reaction score

Thank you, and I asked the same question to Grammarhero before (I didnt have the full address on hand before so couldn't post the whole thing), but the contract had the address to send the cancellation to as:
Bluegreen Vacations Unlimited, Inc.
ATTN: Corporate Sales Accounting
4960 Conference Way N, STE 100
Boca Raton, FL 33431-3311

But on our envelope we put:

Is it still fine this way?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score

Curious which group on Facebook, obviously not a Bluegreen Resort Addicts

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, and I asked the same question to Grammarhero before (I didnt have the full address on hand before so couldn't post the whole thing), but the contract had the address to send the cancellation to as:

Yes that is still fine.

People, he wants an answer from each of you on this topic as well.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@rapmarks and @csxjohn , JBerz would like input as to his situation. He sent the rescission letter to:

The address via the TUG sticky said to send to:

He is hoping he is still fine. What are your thoughts?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Passepartout JBerz is wondering if he is fine if he put the Attn portion of the address on the 4th line, instead of the 2nd line. What do you think?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
@Passepartout JBerz is wondering if he is fine if he put the Attn portion of the address on the 4th line, instead of the 2nd line. What do you think?
I don't think it matters. Hell, hit 'em over the head with it and put it both places. And the bottom of the envelope too.

Jim

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think it matters. Hell, hit 'em over the head with it and put it both places. And the bottom of the envelope too.

Jim
This actually made me laugh after a long work day. Thanks Jim.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Yours is better than what they tell you to do. It will be fine.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Curious which group on Facebook, obviously not a Bluegreen Resort Addicts
Ha, I got booted from that group for posting about resale and recissions in a different group that the same peeps run.

Bluegreen Timeshare Secrets, it's run by a young lady who ties to keep Bg employees out so they don't influence peeps trying to find info about cancelling. She likes to see both sides of any Bg issue discussed.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ha, I got booted from that group for posting about resale and recissions in a different group that the same peeps run.

Bluegreen Timeshare Secrets, it's run by a young lady who ties to keep Bg employees out so they don't influence peeps trying to find info about cancelling. She likes to see both sides of any Bg issue discussed.
I was on that site, but stopped. Getting notifications a long tim3 ago

JBerz

Reaction score
@Grammarhero @Passepartout @rapmarks @csxjohn

Thank you everyone for your help!!

The Cancellation letter for the contract signed in Orlando, FL on 7/16 was sent certified on 7/19 with the verbiage mentioned above and to the address mentioned above and it looks like it was delivered and signed for on 7/22. With this we nowjust have to wait for the refund of our down payment correct? There is nothing special we have to do for the financing/mortgage, all of that will be cancelled as well?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

The Cancellation letter for the contract signed in Orlando, FL on 7/16 was sent certified on 7/19 with the verbiage mentioned above and to the address mentioned above and it looks like it was delivered and signed for on 7/22. With this we nowjust have to wait for the refund of our down payment correct? There is nothing special we have to do for the financing/mortgage, all of that will be cancelled as well?
You're good to go. Go celebrate! You won. It can take up ton 45 days for the refund to hit your CC, but probably a good bit less. Now, rather than jumping in to a resale, rent a couple of vacation weeks. Even if you buy one now, by the time it gets transferred into your name, you won't have time to set up an account and book a vacay this year. I'd suggest a different system from what you rescinded, so you can see some difference. Go somewhere new. Use the TUG Last Minute Rentals forum. You might find out that renting is the way to go. No buy-in, no MF cost, and no exit plan needed.

Oh, and you might consider actually paying the $15 to join TUG- we saved you a bundle and would appreciate the support.

Jim

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, everything will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund within 45 days.

Now, go out and celebrate :cheer::banana::wave:

You have saved thousands of dollars!

Last edited: