TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Rescind Timeshare Contract Jockey Club Resorts

Discussion in 'New to Timesharing? Look Here!' started by mrs.rlj, Feb 3, 2015.

1. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

The post you have quoted is actually from early February, 2015 --- 10 months ago now --- so the person you've quoted may never even see your inquiry. That person never posted here again, may or may not have visited this site again after February, 2015. Since the clock is ticking, I respectfully offer the following suggestions:

1. Nevada has some clear and rather stringent requirements imposed upon developers to facilitate timeshare contract rescissions, even more so than most states. Do you possibly still have the rescission form and instructions (and the address to which to send same) somewhere within your contract-related paperwork? It's certainly worth checking again, very carefully and closely.

2.You could also attempt to reach "mrs.rlj" (whose quote you've cited) directly, via email or Private Message (or both) to increase the odds of your inquiry actually being seen in a timely manner by that person, thereby increasing your odds of actually receiving a prompt reply. Relying solely on this "shot in the dark" posted inquiry might be unwise.

3. Failing all else, get a rescission letter written and postmarked within the NV 5 day deadline, using the address where you actually purchased and clearly specifying what you purchased and clearly stating your cancellation. That address may not be what the rescission instructions (required by law to have been provided to you, in writing, at the time of contract execution) clearly specify, so I offer this last very weak option with a great deal of concern and hesitation; it would be risky and maybe even legally inadequate.

Good luck. Make every effort to run this matter to ground without delay; once the state law rescission period ends, you will be an owner, albeit reluctantly.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  2. mrs.rlj

mrs.rlj Guest

Hi, I will have to find my paper work when I get home today I live in Vegas so I took all of my stuff in person & got a full refund.

3. Ty1on

Ty1on TUG Member

Armed Forces Vacation Club is an arm of RCI Rentals. I've looked through their offerings, and for the most part, I think you'll be disappointed if you want coastal California or Anaheim. Most of what I saw is off-season, unpopular locations, or both. I have never seen a coastal California or Anaheim week available on the RCI Rentals portal I use. Not saying it's impossible, just that I haven't seen it in the last 6 months.

TUG is a good place to find rentals, and I understand Redweek is, as well.

I'm in Las Vegas, as well. This is a great location to travel from!

4. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Armed Forces Vacation Club is now called Heroes Vacation Deals For Families|Heroes Vacation Club. This is still an arm of RCI Rentals.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  5. rastaman

rastaman Guest

Sapphire Resorts and Getways Resorts and Starpoint Resort group

Are they all the same ??? What is the connection there they look really bad online. I paid 5000.00 for what? Did I get taken

6. rastaman

rastaman Guest

I got Scammed At Sapphire Resorts and Getaways Resorts Management

How do these guys stay in business? Everywhere I look I see all kinds of nasty stuff about them. Has anyone dealt with them and had a good experience

7. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

mostly because the average owner doesnt get the sort of information they need to make an educated decision until long past time to rescind that decision.

8. Paul G

Paul G Guest

Resorts Owned:
    I just signed up yesterday, and I feel sick to my stomach, where do I send my letter requesting to rescind ?

TUGBrian likes this.
  9. LannyPC

LannyPC TUG Member

Here is a sticky you can refer to:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...-rescind-cancel-my-timeshare-purchase.189301/

If you carefully look through the owner's package you received and the contract, it should give you the address where to send. Likely it will be the corporate office of the timeshare company, not the resort itself. Make sure you follow the directions carefully including the method of sending the letter.

TUGBrian likes this.
  10. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Please Rescind now!! Do Not Wait until tomorrow.

TUGBrian likes this.
  11. mrs.rlj

mrs.rlj Guest

I used the below address in Feb 2015

Starpoint Resort Group

3700 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Ste. 200

Las Vegas, NV 89109

Attn: Sapphire Resorts, a Timeshare Offering

TUGBrian likes this.
  12. mrs.rlj

mrs.rlj Guest

Yes, about 10 days.

TUGBrian likes this.
  13. mrs.rlj

mrs.rlj Guest

We, John and Jan, are exercising our legal right to cancel contract XXXXXXX. This contract was purchased on XX Feb 20XX for a timeshare at SAPPHIRE RESORTS. We expect a full refund of our deposit of $XXX.00. Do not make any additional charges to our credit card. Please confirm my legal cancellation in writing.

Sincerely,

John Doe

Jan Doe

Enclosure: Transaction Record

Time-Share Notice of Cancellation

Purchase Agreement and Escrow Instructions and Security Agreement pgs 1,6

TUGBrian likes this.
  14. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

congrats on finding TUG in time to rescind and save thousands! hope you put it towards some amazing future vacations for you and your family!

15. theo

Well done and congratulations on cancelling, but know in advance that despite your polite request there is absolutely no legal obligation for them to provide you with any "confirmation in writing". Their only obligation is to process your timely submitted rescission and issue 100% refund of deposit within 45 days. No more, no less.

16. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, The Pines At Aspen East, Oyster Bay
    Check TUG Marketplace, good people great deals!

TUGBrian likes this.
  17. Bc1981

Bc1981 Guest

What all needs to be included with the letter? Do I need to print anything off or just make copies of different papers they Gave to me yesterday?
    It was for Saphaire Resorts. I signed in Arizona but it my paperwork says Nevada. I only have one paper stating anything about Arizona in it.
    Thanks for the help

18. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

What you quoted will work fine. I'd add a COPY of the signature page of the contract for ID purposes. Everyone who signs the contract MUST sign the rescission letter. The reason they omit Arizona is the in Nevada the allowable rescission period is just 3 days. So be SURE to gt it in the mail on Monday. We recommend USPS Certified w/return receipt. You might add the note to your letter, "Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover". Then send their stuff back by cheapest means.

Welcome to TUG.

Jim

Bc1981 likes this.
  19. Bc1981

Bc1981 Guest

And I am assuming when they say in writing they do not want it typed they want it in written out, would that be correct?
    Thank so much for your help in all of this!
    Hoping it all works out.

20. Passepartout

Typing or printing would be fine, just the signatures need to be hand written so they could be compared with signatures on the contract if someone doubted the authenticity of the rescission letter.

It will 'work out' if postmarked within the legal rescission period. It's the LAW that rescissions be processed. Not a courtesy.

Jim

Bc1981 likes this.
  21. theo

It can be typed, hand written, or even done in crayon on construction paper, just as long as it's on hard copy / paper and bears the original signature(s) of all who signed the contract.

Emails, phone calls, faxes and / or smoke signals are all legally inadequate to properly initiate contract rescission.

If you meet the state law time deadline for rescission letter postmark and send the proper correspondence to the correct address, no "hope" is required. It's the law and even the slimiest developers will not dare to flaunt or ignore the law.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Bc1981 likes this.
  22. Bc1981

Bc1981 Guest

Thanks for the help!!

I have been waiting and watching by tracking. It looks like it was just picked up yesterday by someone. But I did have it postmarked within 3 days of signing the papers (Friday the 5th to a Monday 8th). So now I just wait for them to contact me or refund the money at this point?

23. Passepartout

Yep. That's the hard part. They are not required to notify you or anything. Just watch the credit card account for a credit to appear. Glad you got it done in time.

Bc1981 likes this.
  24. Bc1981

Bc1981 Guest

Yes this is the hard part for sure lol
    And it can take up to 20 days if I read the paper correctly!! I will continue monitoring my credit card!!
    Is there a typical turn around once they receive the form?

25. Passepartout

I don't know. My crystal ball broke years ago. But we are told that depending on where the credit hits in your billing cycle, it could take as long as 45 days. Probably won't.

Bc1981 likes this.