• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescind my contract

Loveone

Reaction score
Please can someone help Me please me and my husband was in Orlando Florida on vacation a week ago and bought a time share when we was able to really understand what we got Wrote and to as well as receiving a bill for payment and 2 weeks boy credit card we didn't know we signed up for we knew that was a Sign telling us to read everything and act fast and we did we email them and call them as well as sent them the letter Certified mail with everything We received at our presentation I call them today to ask had they received the letter yet they told me no and my day to Cancel was the 15 not the 16 of this month what should I do will we have to get A lawyer to resolve this.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Still send a rescission letter via return receipt requested with the USPS. Do try to get out of it, even though you are one day too late. You might be able to get this rescinded. Do not delay. Then buy or get a timeshare free. There are so many worth the MF's, but not many worth the purchase price.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the rescission period is based on the day you sent the letter (postmark)..not they day they get it.

if you have proof you sent it certified mail prior to your 10 day cancellation period ending, they must legally cancel your contract and refund all monies paid.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Do not call them again. Do not talk to them if they call you.
That is the sales office. They may pretend you are stuck with it.
But they do not have anything to do with the rescission process.
As long as your postmark met the deadline, they are stuck.

sherken470

Reaction score
W
Please can someone help Me please me and my husband was in Orlando Florida on vacation a week ago and bought a time share when we was able to really understand what we got Wrote and to as well as receiving a bill for payment and 2 weeks boy credit card we didn't know we signed up for we knew that was a Sign telling us to read everything and act fast and we did we email them and call them as well as sent them the letter Certified mail with everything We received at our presentation I call them today to ask had they received the letter yet they told me no and my day to Cancel was the 15 not the 16 of this month what should I do will we have to get A lawyer to resolve this.
What happened with your cancellation?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
W

What happened with your cancellation?
That person has not been back to TUG since posting her original post. They may get your inquiry by email that they registered with, but since it's been over a month, I'm going to guess that her rescission was processed. As yours will be. Get your letter mailed USPS Certified tomorrow. Duplicate it with a FAX and/or email if you want, but the only means that truly follows the letter of the law is the postmarked mail.

sherken470

Reaction score
That person has not been back to TUG since posting her original post. They may get your inquiry by email that they registered with, but since it's been over a month, I'm going to guess that her rescission was processed. As yours will be. Get your letter mailed USPS Certified tomorrow. Duplicate it with a FAX and/or email if you want, but the only means that truly follows the letter of the law is the postmarked mail.
Thanks so much!! I will post when I get through this.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
Don't you just love it when someone goes to a timeshare tour, buys a week for 35K and then decides to find out what they got to see they got SCREWED to come here to TUG and try to figure out how to get out of the contract to NEVER show back up to 1.) let us know what happend. or to try and find a way to use the crappy product they bought. maybe they are ashamed of what they did are hiding in a hole..

"sucker born every minute" saying was attributed to PT Barnum but was never proven. Still work for this thread..