• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescind info needed...

icez1

Reaction score
Hi Community!

I took the decision to cancel my new contract with Wyndham Resorts Inc. as I'm still within the rescission period.

I printed and signed the cancellation letter that I will send today; my question is:

Other than the letter, do I have to send them anything else? any of the documents/books they gave me?

In the documents, on the "Purchaser's Nonwaivable Right to Cancel" only state "you must notify the seller in writing of your intent to cancel." Nothing else.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I recommend sending a copy of the signature page of the contract for ID purposes. Make sure ALL signers of the contract also sign the rescission letter. I like adding the phrase, "Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover" then send their stuff back by cheapest means. Keep the postal receipt. Mail the rescission letter USPS Certified w/return receipt. That oughtta about cover it. Don't answer the phone from unknown numbers, and it can take up to 45 days to see the refund of your down payment, and they are under no responsibility to inform you of the progress of the rescission.

Mail it and go have a beer.

Jim

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham club acess, Wyndham Smokey Mountain
Where to find rescind letter? I'm thinking I may cancel my new ownership.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm looking through my paperwork but can't seem to find it??

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its usually intentionally well hidden, but its there.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yea I'm looking hard for it!

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've heard of documents missing after a sale, mainly the rescission information. It's a way for sales weasels to delay someone rescinding by a day or two, hoping they miss the rescission window. That's another problem when buying from a developer other than spending tens of thousands of dollars to much. After screwing you out of all that money, some continue to screw you as you walk out the door.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no letter template. Assuming you are within the rescission period, just write a simple, "I/We wish to rescind and cancel contract # __________, dated _______ at location.

Signed_______________husband, ______________, wife

Include a copy of the signature page of the contract, and send it USPS Certified w/return receipt to (iirc) the Las Vegas address.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
I know that frustration so thank you for helping him. The last one I recinded was Pathways which my trustees told me to get if in the mail ASAP. Having read that they may not have removed my "fixed weeks" in two months, moved everything into Nashville and cost over $20,000. Thanks to the younger group understanding this better than me. Every time I meet with sales now the first question is "why did you rescind".

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I know that frustration so thank you for helping him. The last one I recinded was Pathways which my trustees told me to get if in the mail ASAP. Having read that they may not have removed my "fixed weeks" in two months, moved everything into Nashville and cost over $20,000. Thanks to the younger group understanding this better than me. Every time I meet with sales now the first question is "why did you rescind".
Why do you keep meeting with sales? Just say no...

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Because the $100. helps pay for groceries.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really wonder what they would say if I am going to record the audio from our next sales presentation. Doubt if they know they are being recorded they would say anything stupid. Probably will just tell me it's not allowed and then if I insist tell me I need to leave without my gift.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
I really wonder what they would say if I am going to record the audio from our next sales presentation. Doubt if they know they are being recorded they would say anything stupid. Probably will just tell me it's not allowed and then if I insist tell me I need to leave without my gift.
I have started taking really good notes, not because I ever plan to buy more (I inherited mine), but I like to throw it back in their face in a later meeting. 2 meetings back, the sales weasel called me stupid for not taking his offer, then said, "This will never be offered again". Then I took out my previous notes, and said, funny, it was offered a month ago, and he said the same thing.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Like that answer, may try that too. It is mainly my daughter that wants to taunt us all. No one wants my inheritance.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just dropped my rescind letter back at the resort. Now we're off the the post office to make sure they got the rescind letter. I'm sending everything certified back to vegas with all signatures. I fell I dodge a big bullet! Now off to try to purchase resale points!!

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Know the feeling. I usually spend a few sleepless nights after a sales meeting but then I am happy to see the gift card. I will be relieved when this is over.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The guy at the resort said it said take a few days to rescind but other than that. I believe it is done. One letter goes to vegas headquarters and the other goes to the title company i Florida.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The guy at the resort said it said take a few days to rescind but other than that. I believe it is done. One letter goes to vegas headquarters and the other goes to the title company i Florida.
Depending on the billing cycle of your credit card, it can take up to 45 days to see the credit. They are under no obligation to keep you informed about the progress of the rescission, and since it's the same people who process new sales and rescissions, guess which one has higher priority?
You can safely relax now and go back to 'vacation mode'. There is no hurry shopping for that resale- in fact later in the year when maintenance fees and dues are coming due, many more hit the market- though there are always some.

Out of curiosity, about how much were they going to charge you for how many points? We like to keep track.

Jim

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We combined two contract one was a Wyndham select and the other was Wyndham access. We didn't put anything down we have equity and the other contract. Basically we were trading two to get one club Wyndham access for 300k point for around 24k$.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is what they have been telling me to do but when the contract is written my deeds are no longer are listed but a hefty new MF and charges on PayPal and new loan for thousands. Being older my daughter now looks it all over and says "no thank you, where is the gift for our sitting here listening".

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is what they have been telling me to do but when the contract is written my deeds are no longer

CYRUS2400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Garden, C.W. Access, PIC's.
We combined two contract one was a Wyndham select and the other was Wyndham access. We didn't put anything down we have equity and the other contract. Basically we were trading two to get one club Wyndham access for 300k point for around 24k$.
How many points were you trading?