• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescind cancellation emailed

saysong

Reaction score
Hello,

Tomorrow is the last day of rescinding of a timeshare I bought on May 4, 2019. I have already sent an email and a person from their verification department emailed back with a cancellation pdf attached and asked for the signatures to begin processing. My question is, do I need to send a rescind letter or will the email thread with the pdf and signatures be enough? They also provided me with a screenshot of ResortCom credit card REFUND voucher that has my information on it. Any advice would be great! Thank you!

Aurelius

TUG Member
Reaction score
What does your contract say? If it says certified mail, you still need to do it. It’s worth the $3.

saysong

Reaction score
It doesn’t say certified mail but it does say I can cancel through email.

saysong

Reaction score
What does your contract say? If it says certified mail, you still need to do it. It’s worth the $3.

It doesn’t say certified mail but it does say I can cancel through email.

saysong

Reaction score
That's strange. Most contracts say certified mail. I would send also certified mail. That way you have proof that you sent it.

Thank you! I’ll send it out first thing tomorrow.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's strange. Most contracts say certified mail. I would send also certified mail. That way you have proof that you sent it.

Yes, do be sure to send it Certified Mail with a green Return Receipt card.....

Should you need to go to Court then the trial officials will need to see your documentation (such as Post Office receipts) and a signed Green Return Receipt card.

The advantage of using USPS (versus email) is that you have a Postmark provided by a third party. Do you have a third party who is able to verify your email? Likely not.

Best of luck with your refund.

saysong

Reaction score

Should you need to go to Court then the trial officials will need to see your documentation (such as Post Office receipts) and a signed Green Return Receipt card.

The advantage of using USPS (versus email) is that you have a Postmark provided by a third party. Do you have a third party who is able to verify your email? Likely not.

Best of luck with your refund.

Thank you for the advice! I will remember to do green return receipt card

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I don't think it's critical that you have the return receipt card. What you do need to have is the receipt from the post office showing the date you mailed your letter of rescission. That is the most important date because it shows that you rescinded within the specified time.

However, since you notified them by email and got an email back with their acknowledgment that you rescinded, that would seem to me to be a pretty good proof that they received your rescission and are processing a refund. You are still within your five-day rescission period on Friday so sending the certified letter would be fine. Since the timeshare office is in Mexico I don't know if the green return receipt postcard from the USPS would ever even get back to you.

saysong

Reaction score
I don't think it's critical that you have the return receipt card. What you do need to have is the receipt from the post office showing the date you mailed your letter of rescission. That is the most important date because it shows that you rescinded within the specified time.

However, since you notified them by email and got an email back with their acknowledgment that you rescinded, that would seem to me to be a pretty good proof that they received your rescission and are processing a refund. You are still within your five-day rescission period on Friday so sending the certified letter would be fine. Since the timeshare office is in Mexico I don't know if the green return receipt postcard from the USPS would ever even get back to you.
Thank you for the information Karen!

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Use the method you feel is best.

The mail is Mexico is a different animal. For example, when sending forms to Vidanta, their check list says 'We highly recommend that you use a courier service (FEDEX/UPS) to ensure safe receipt and prompt processing of your request as regular mail will often take in excess of 10 weeks to reach our offices or even could get lost"

saysong

Reaction score
Just an update, my friend received his refund already. I did not because I disputed with my credit card company before we rescind. I believe the dispute is holding up the refund. Should I just wait it out or withdraw from my dispute?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Just an update, my friend received his refund already. I did not because I disputed with my credit card company before we rescind. I believe the dispute is holding up the refund. Should I just wait it out or withdraw from my dispute?
I don't know for sure. Maybe ask your credit card company for advice.