• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale Worldmark

sabby7

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may seem like a basic question but finding an answer has proved difficult on the site. If I purchase Worldmark points from a second-hand party, can I still travel to other Worldmark sites? What have I lost by not purchasing from the developer? Can I still buy deeded property from a Worldmark resort? Ex. Dolphins Cove in California? Is that even possible? I am struggling with getting a basic answer. Thanks

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Yes, you can travel to all resorts where Worldmark has inventory.

Worldmark is a pure points system, no deeds. There are a few resorts where you can buy a deed at, but your deed would only allow you to use that resort - not other WM properties.

Resale buyers are exactly the same in terms of rights and benefits provided by the Club - same WM resorts they can book, same ability to book 13 months out at all resorts, same ability to exchange with II and/or RCI, and same cash booking options. Wyndham offers a few benefits that you do not have if you bought resale - access to exchanges directly booked with Worldmark South Pacific and the Club Pass (access to Club Wyndham resorts).

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Worldmark is pure points. No home resort.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Resell Worldmark can not Book directly into WMSP. You can try and Book through RCI or II. Nor can resell Worldmark Book through Club Pass.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
As for your reference to Dolphin's Cove: Be aware that this property has multiple forms of ownership including deeded weeks, Wyndham (points) and Worldmark (points). If you find and purchase a deeded week at the property you will not have access to the network of Worldmark resorts except through RCI trades (and, perhaps, II trades). Do be careful out there!

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
As for your reference to Dolphin's Cove: Be aware that this property has multiple forms of ownership including deeded weeks, Wyndham (points) and Worldmark (points). If you find and purchase a deeded week at the property you will not have access to the network of Worldmark resorts except through RCI trades (and, perhaps, II trades). Do be careful out there!

Was about to post this, it's a very good point. There are few other resorts like this: Palm Springs the Plaza, lake Havasu, Orlando Kingston reef off the top of my head, and there are a few more IIRC in the Pacific Northwest.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Will I have access to the Australian properties?

Take the tens of thousands of dollars you save when purchasing resale and then rent directly from an owner with WMSP access.

People often aspire to go to Australia, but most will never go, or only go once in a lifetime. To pay extra up front just for the option makes very little sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may seem like a basic question but finding an answer has proved difficult on the site....

Can I still buy deeded property from a Worldmark resort? Ex. Dolphins Cove in California? Is that even possible? I am struggling with getting a basic answer. Thanks
The answer is difficult to find because the question does not apply to WorldMark; no resort-specific deeds are owned by individuals like they are in other systems such as Club Wyndham.

As for Dolphin’s Cove, you would need to buy in Club Wyndham, but even then, the question remains, “Why?”

There are only two reasons to buy at a specific resort in Club Wyndham: 1) the resort has below-average maintenance fees, and/or 2) you need special early booking privileges due to high demand.

Dolphin’s Cove fits neither of those categories.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can buy a single week deed at Dolphins Cove and the few other resorts that worldmark took over that were already weeks resorts. For the vast majority of people worldmark credits will be the better choice.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
People often aspire to go to Australia, but most will never go, or only go once in a lifetime. To pay extra up front just for the option makes very little sense.

We have been Downunder 3 times in the last nine years. These include Rotorua twice, Fiji once, Bay of Islands once, Sydney twice, Coffs Harbour once, and Tasmania once. We obviously go to more than 1 location on every trip. We have our 4th trip Booked for next February. It will be Tasmania and Melbourne. Our longest trip was 4 weeks - Rotorua, Bay of Islands, Tasmania, and Sydney. The next trip will be Tasmania for 2 weeks and Melbourne for 1 week. Once you have been there you start planning your next trip.

Patti could not understand why we were going to Tasmania but after the one week trip she wanted to know when we could go back for longer.

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
You can buy a single week deed at Dolphins Cove and the few other resorts that worldmark took over that were already weeks resorts. For the vast majority of people worldmark credits will be the better choice.
I can't speak to Dolphins Cove, or single weeks, but we have a fractional ownership at Whale Pointe in Depoe Bay - the fractionals were sold before Worldmark bought the rest of the resort, as Bizaro86 commented. We have a week every 3 months, always in the same unit. We have the option of turning in any given week for Worldmark points (# varies depending on season) if we know ahead of time that we're not going to be able to use it. We also have the option of renting via a local vacation rental company.

The fractionals come on the resale market with some regularity. The Wyndham real estate broker for Oregon had a list of available units when we decided to do this last year.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been Downunder 3 times in the last nine years. These include Rotorua twice, Fiji once, Bay of Islands once, Sydney twice, Coffs Harbour once, and Tasmania once. We obviously go to more than 1 location on every trip. We have our 4th trip Booked for next February. It will be Tasmania and Melbourne. Our longest trip was 4 weeks - Rotorua, Bay of Islands, Tasmania, and Sydney. The next trip will be Tasmania for 2 weeks and Melbourne for 1 week. Once you have been there you start planning your next trip.

Patti could not understand why we were going to Tasmania but after the one week trip she wanted to know when we could go back for longer.

I would surmise that while you are the exception to the rule, you could have still done vacations without paying developer prices up front. I don’t count any grandfathered WM+A accounts since that is not an option for anyone who is completely new to WM today.

There are many cost-effective alternatives today that did not exist in 1990 or 2000 (or 2010 for that matter). Something else will come along in the next 20-30 years that will make today’s developer premium look even less palpable.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
I would surmise that while you are the exception to the rule, you could have still done vacations without paying developer prices up front. I don’t count any grandfathered WM+A accounts since that is not an option for anyone who is completely new to WM today.

There are many cost-effective alternatives today that did not exist in 1990 or 2000 (or 2010 for that matter). Something else will come along in the next 20-30 years that will make today’s developer premium look even less palpable.

Sure we could have put in requests with RCI or II. Which most often are not successful with these organizations. Or we could have stayed in self-catering cottages or other cash options.

sabby7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help. I know now to look for Worldmark points and not a Worldmark “deed”.

IsaiahB

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help. I know now to look for Worldmark points and not a Worldmark “deed”.
To reiterate, there is no such thing as a WorldMark deed.
There exist non-WorldMark ownerships at resorts where WorldMark, The Club is also an owner; typically resorts that came into the system as acquisitions instead of new construction.

If these resorts are affiliated with Interval International or RCI, and the owner is also a WM Owner; they may be able to participate in WBW's Exchange Plus program; thus converting their week to WorldMark Credits - but this is generally available to any other traditional weeks based ownership.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you find a resort that is partially owned byworldmark, it won't be worldmark. It will be managed by another company, it may be points but you will get a deed, for example wyndham. It can be just an ownership without points. Know what you are buying. I have a week that I bought years ago from pahio. Wyndam has taken that resort over, I pay mfs to Wyndam but I don't have points. The advantage for me is that I paid $900 for that 2 bedroom (which now can be bought for less) in kauai. It's gold crown and very nice. I have it guaranteed every year for me. So there are pluses and minuses to each system.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
People often aspire to go to Australia, but most will never go, or only go once in a lifetime.

I have been twice to Australia, in 2000 (included NZ) and in 2015 (included sailing Whitsunday's). I have also been to French Poly in 2013, and am going to Fiji in September this year.

I have also made it to my other aspiration locations; Maldives in 2014 and Thailand in 2017.

But renting is always a good recommendation if you won't be able to visit annually.

sabby7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everyone has been most helpful. Today I purchased 14000 points. Paid $3400.00. Hopefully a decent deal. Thanks again. Regardless, I’ll soon find out.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Everyone has been most helpful. Today I purchased 14000 points. Paid $3400.00. Hopefully a decent deal. Thanks again. Regardless, I’ll soon find out.

That is not a bad price (.24 cents a credit). If fully loaded (2 years of credits + 1 year of credits to borrow), it could be a great price.