• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

resale/ closing cost at Harborside

mac81

TUG Member
Reaction score
What has been the normal closing costs for a 3 bedroom lock-off platinum season on a resale?
What should I expect. and do I have to use who the company the broker reccomends?
can anyone help me with this.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome to TUG! :hi: Since Harborside is a Starwood TS, I moved your post to the Starwood Board.

We have many Harborside Atlantis owners here who can help you.

For lots of info. about how the Starwood System works, see the Starwood FAQ at the top of the page.

mac81

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise
I am new to this but any help would be appreciated.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
If you've got some time on your hands, start with the FAQ at the top of the Starwood board, and check back a bit later for responses to your post.

Last edited:

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Harborside is a special case where you are required to use a Bahama lawyer to do the title so it usually runs $1500 to 2800 per another thread I was reading.

That is why for Harborside I would build in this cost (i.e. lower offer price)

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
mac, ... Capjack is right. I bought a 3-br Platinum at Harborside last year on teh resale market.

The closing costs were about $2,500. (But, beware, Platinum Season is almost over.) You will also have to reimnburse for the 2009 MF if you want a 2009 usage. That's another almost $2,500. So, the price is much higher than the bid.

I bought there and it is worth every penny. :) I'll be there March 20-27. ... eom

mac81

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jarta
who did you buy from and also who handled the closing and escrow for you.

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
Transfermytimeshare.com does a number of Starwood transactions. I've done 2 through them, including Harborside, with different sellers, and have had no problems.

jarta

TUG Member
Reaction score
mac ... "who did you buy from and also who handled the closing and escrow for you."

Karl Broderson (who used to sell at Harborside) but worked for timesharebrokerservices.com was the Seller's broker.

The closing was handled by Amanda Smith of transfermytimeshare.com. The closing took almost 90 days. Both the Buyer (me) and the Seller had to execute apostiles (notarized statements that can be used internationally). Amanda was a very busy person but had good communication skills and moved things along as best she could.

Lenox Paton (a Bahamian law firm) handled the preparation and recording of the deed. The firm works on "Bahamian time" but knows what it is doing to close the deal.

My title policy was purchased at an additional cost ($250?) and was issued by CT&T.

If you are buying a Platinum timeshare at Harborside now, don't expect to make a reservation until at least May 1. By that time you will be scrambling for a 2009 reservation at Harborside and might need to reserve elsewhere for 2009. This can be avoided if you accept any reservation already made by the Seller or have the Seller make a reservation in your name while waiting for the deal to close. Some will do this; my Seller did not.

I felt it was necessary to do the purchase right so that I did not have to file an action to quiet title in a foreign country at a later date. :) ... eom

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
transfermytimeshare.com, along with some of the other more organized closing companies, also offers a password-protected website where they company tracks changes in status, emails sent, paperwork received, etc. so that you don't have to call/email them every week to see what's going on. Only when things haven't happened in a while is a note required. A really nice feature to ask for if you're shopping for a closing company.

Dave H

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like now to place an order with them you have to deal direct with Chicago Title. Maybe not in the closing business any more or maybe they have been bought by Chicago Title?

For customer service or inquiries on closings in process, please call:
1-866-880-4040
Or contact our customer service department by email:
status@transfermytimeshare.com

To Initiate a Closing please visit www.ChicagoTitleTimeshare.com

Office Location Information:

New Hampshire Office
Transfer My Timeshare, LLC
383 Central Ave. Suite 275
Dover, NH 03820

Virginia Office
Transfer My Timeshare, LLC
P.O. Box 308
McGaheysville, VA 22840

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks like now to place an order with them you have to deal direct with Chicago Title. Maybe not in the closing business any more or maybe they have been bought by Chicago Title?

Transfermytimeshare is no longer actively taking on new business. That company was an in-house closing agent for Sellmytimeshare- and there were some alleged issues with possible employee theft that led to a corporate decision to get out from the closing and escrow business!

SMTN and their in-house brokerage TBS, now refer business to Chicago Title- but always remember- almost all legal opinion on the subject states that the party paying closing costs has the right to choose an independent closing agent.. So if you aren't a Chicago Title fan (and many, many resellers are not!) you can easily insist on another closing agent!