• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Requesting Rooms at the Elara.

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
Hi, all.

Just interested to know whether anyone's had any luck requesting specific room placement at the Elara. In a few months, I'm celebrating a milestone birthday, and I booked the 4BR on floors 50-59. But, in looking at the floor plan, and because I just stayed in the Jr. Suite at the back end of the hotel this weekend, I'm really wanting the suite (or combined suites), at the strip-facing view, rather than on the back end of the building.

There doesn't seem to be a different code for the front side (with the rooster comb), as opposed to the flat back side, which faces the abandoned urgent care facility and a bunch of vacant lots.

Has anyone successfully requested a specific room, a side of the building, or some other location, in advance?

Tips, advice, etc., greatly appreciated. Thanks!

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Has anyone successfully requested a specific room, a side of the building, or some other location, in advance?

Yes, I have many times but never in Nevada. I would call the front desk at least a couple of weeks before arriving (like now). Have them put a note on the reservation with your request. They will try to honor when room assignments are fulfilled.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
When we showed up at I-Drive (Tuscany) last week, the clerk asked if I had a preference.
I said, "This side of the pond and far away from the Outlet Mall." She started looking.

After a few minutes, DW went off to buy a bag of Doritos and I went to the restroom.
When we came back, she was still working on it. "Just moving some things around."
Me: "We're really not that picky." She: "Your preference is important to us."
... So, at least there it was.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Hi, all.

Just interested to know whether anyone's had any luck requesting specific room placement at the Elara. In a few months, I'm celebrating a milestone birthday, and I booked the 4BR on floors 50-59. But, in looking at the floor plan, and because I just stayed in the Jr. Suite at the back end of the hotel this weekend, I'm really wanting the suite (or combined suites), at the strip-facing view, rather than on the back end of the building.

There doesn't seem to be a different code for the front side (with the rooster comb), as opposed to the flat back side, which faces the abandoned urgent care facility and a bunch of vacant lots.

We stayed at the Elara for the first time in September in a Studio and requested a room facing the strip. When we got to the room I was not pleased since I couldn't see "the strip" street(Las Vegas Boulevard). There was a great view of the Paris, the Flamingo, the Stratosphere and the High Roller Ferris Wheel was right in front of us. The other side of the building faced the Carriage House and the Marriott and was not nearly as nice. We were down a long hall which was toward the back of the building so I don't know if the front of the building had views of "the strip" (Las Vegas Boulevard). However, since the Elara is not right not on the Boulevard but at the back end of the Miracle Mile Mall I don't know if you can have that view. After our view sunk in we realized that it was great and had friends up to our room to show it off who were staying at a Hotel and were not nearly as pleased with their accommodations.

MarcoCharlie

Reaction score
Congrats on even being able to land a 4BR reservation at Elara, especially on the higher-up "Plus" floors since the supply is so limited. We were just there staying in a 2BR Plus unit and we were successful in requesting the spectacular west-facing unit - the room number is xx34. We called Elara directly about 2-3 weeks in advance of our check-in date and specifically requested "a west facing unit with the room number ending in 34." (The fact that the reservation was for a 2BR Plus already guaranteed that we were on floors 50-56.) The Elara agent told us they could make no promises but that they would try to honor our request - it may have helped that we had stayed there a few times in the past. And in your case, if you tell them it's a special occasion that may help too. Not sure if it's necessary but if you wanted to include the specific room numbers in your request, the 4BR Plus combined suite on the west end would consist of the 2BR Plus (room xx34), plus two attaching rooms: the 1BR Jr Suite Plus (room xx29) and the Studio Plus (room xx32). Good luck and best wishes for your upcoming milestone birthday!

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Hi, all.

I recently stayed there and got a 3br booking. Well it is actually the corner 2BR with ONE of the TWO adjoining rooms open to the corner 2 BR suites. It was my understanding if you book a 4br reservation you will/would get the 2 BR corner unit with BOTH adjoining 1 BR rooms open to it. I don't think they can do it any other way unless they can somehow can connect two 2br units but I will let someone else address that possiblity. This is basically what Marco is saying. BTW, the xx34 2 br suite rooms are super nice. I did request a high room when I booked months in advance and did indeed get the highest floor available as a non-owner there (can't remember what floor it was).

onenotesamba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sea World, HGVC Boulevard/Strip
Congrats on even being able to land a 4BR reservation at Elara, especially on the higher-up "Plus" floors since the supply is so limited. We were just there staying in a 2BR Plus unit and we were successful in requesting the spectacular west-facing unit - the room number is xx34. We called Elara directly about 2-3 weeks in advance of our check-in date and specifically requested "a west facing unit with the room number ending in 34." (The fact that the reservation was for a 2BR Plus already guaranteed that we were on floors 50-56.) The Elara agent told us they could make no promises but that they would try to honor our request - it may have helped that we had stayed there a few times in the past. And in your case, if you tell them it's a special occasion that may help too. Not sure if it's necessary but if you wanted to include the specific room numbers in your request, the 4BR Plus combined suite on the west end would consist of the 2BR Plus (room xx34), plus two attaching rooms: the 1BR Jr Suite Plus (room xx29) and the Studio Plus (room xx32). Good luck and best wishes for your upcoming milestone birthday!

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely give it a shot. I made the 4BR reservation at exactly the 9 month window, knowing that I was going to use the unit for a milestone birthday. We just came back from Elara last weekend, and were in a Jr. Suite toward the back of the building, which is part of the 4BR configuration at the end farthest from the strip. The views were obviously not nearly as great, so I'll give them a ring and see if I can put the request in, now. We've stayed at Elara several times, so maybe that'll give us a leg up...