• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

renting DVC points ressie gone wrong

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
I’m so sorry! That stinks.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Has he stopped responding to your FB messages? His choice to completely ignore you leads one to believe that he has no money and used your good faith funds that you paid 10 months ago for his restaurant dreams. I would be livid if it was me so I share your frustration.

According to John Molesi's FB page he says he started at Joe's Garage and Grill in September 2018 as owner/chef. However, that place is closed and appears that was to be the site of his new restaurant Riverwalk Bar and Grille which was supposed to open Labor Day. There is nothing on the web about that restaurant since the August promotional news story. His prior job was Triangle Pub in Eastport, NY and searching Google it looks like that place is closed too (no website, no recent news).

On all appearances it looks like this guy's restaurant never got off the ground, doesn't look like he is employed anywhere, has your money that you paid him 10 months ago, and he has continued to ignore you. He is on FB. Keep sending him FB messages daily. You might need to threaten a lawsuit. Wish you much luck.

By the way, where did you find his ad?

Last edited:

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has he stopped responding to your FB messages? His choice to completely ignore you leads one to believe that he has no money and used your good faith funds that you paid 10 months ago for his restaurant dreams. I would be livid if it was me so I share your frustration.

According to John Molesi's FB page he says he started at Joe's Garage and Grill in September 2018 as owner/chef. However, that place is closed and appears that was to be the site of his new restaurant Riverwalk Bar and Grille which was supposed to open Labor Day. There is nothing on the web about that restaurant since the August promotional news story. His prior job was Triangle Pub in Eastport, NY and searching Google it looks like that place is closed too (no website, no recent news).

On all appearances it looks like this guy's restaurant never got off the ground, doesn't look like he is employed anywhere, has your money that you paid him 10 months ago, and he has continued to ignore you. He is on FB. Keep sending him FB messages daily. You might need to threaten a lawsuit. Wish you much luck.

By the way, where did you find his ad?

He only responded one time on fb messenger in which he said he would send the confirmation via fb messenger since he lost my contact information. That was after my numberous attempts at leaving voicemails and texts. That was the last I heard.

I noticed in his fb posts he said he plans to have a grand opening of his new restaurant the weekend of Oct. 5.

The post office told me he has 15 days to pick up the certified letter and then it will get sent back to me. I do not think he will pick it up. At that point there is nothing more I can do except go through the courts which I plan to do. Even though I live in Minnesota and he lives in New York, I will still file in small claims court and take a little trip out to NY for my day in court.

I found him on ebay and that is where I first purchased from him and all went well with that transaction.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
He only responded one time on fb messenger in which he said he would send the confirmation via fb messenger since he lost my contact information. That was after my numberous attempts at leaving voicemails and texts. That was the last I heard.

I noticed in his fb posts he said he plans to have a grand opening of his new restaurant the weekend of Oct. 5.

The post office told me he has 15 days to pick up the certified letter and then it will get sent back to me. I do not think he will pick it up. At that point there is nothing more I can do except go through the courts which I plan to do. Even though I live in Minnesota and he lives in New York, I will still file in small claims court and take a little trip out to NY for my day in court.

I found him on ebay and that is where I first purchased from him and all went well with that transaction.

I know you said you didn’t have a signed contract but do you have saved emails or messages that outline the rental dates and amount? I would definitely go after him for your money back. He is definitely on Facebook. I wonder if he would respond to a post on Facebook that’s not private. Perhaps on his restaurant page? I’m sure he doesn’t want bad publicity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

Was this most recent rental on eBay? What is his eBay name? Whether intentional or not at this juncture he sure looks like a scammer. His name needs to get out there so others do not fall victim too.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know you said you didn’t have a signed contract but do you have saved emails or messages that outline the rental dates and amount? I would definitely go after him for your money back. He is definitely on Facebook. I wonder if he would respond to a post on Facebook that’s not private. Perhaps on his restaurant page? I’m sure he doesn’t want bad publicity.

Yes, I saved all communication. I will not post a public message on his fb regarding this.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Yes, I saved all communication. I will not post a public message on his fb regarding this.

It’s good that you have the correspondences. I really hope you get your $ back. It’s weird that he came through the first time and not the 2nd.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was this most recent rental on eBay? What is his eBay name? Whether intentional or not at this juncture he sure looks like a scammer. His name needs to get out there so others do not fall victim too.

The first time I dealt with him was from ebay and that transaction went well. He is no longer registered on ebay.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you know his address would a call to his local police be helpful? Anybody out there go this route?

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
My plan is to wait and see if he picks up my certified letter. If after 15 days he does not pick it up then it gets returned to me. I then plan to send another certified letter, but this time to his restaurant. If nothing happens, then I will file in small claims court.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Why do you feel that you shouldn't post to his public FB page?

I agree that getting into big drama with him on FB is not likely to be productive. But if he posts regularly on FB, it logically can be concluded that he'd see whatever you posted there. I think posting something like "Hey, I have been trying to reach you via cell, text, email and FB messenger about the DVC reservation that I paid you for but have not yet received a confirmation for. Since I haven't heard back from you via any of those methods, I've sent you a certified letter to your home address. If that doesn't work, I'll send another one to your business address. At this point, I'd be happy with my money back and we can call it a day."

In my mind, demonstrating that you've tried to get in touch with him by every means at your disposal is something that helps your case should you go to court. Don't harass the guy on FB but if you take screen shots demonstrating he was on FB on Oct 3, 4, and 5, and you post a message on Oct 4 that he does not respond to, it will be obvious that he saw the message and did not reply. Not as good as a certified letter but you're trying to build a case and the more supporting info you have, the better.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are your dates still available on the dvcmember.com website?

If the dates are available just post to his Facebook page that the dates are available and would he please make the reservation for those nights asap. If you give him a way out he might take it.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are your dates still available on the dvcmember.com website?

If the dates are available just post to his Facebook page that the dates are available and would he please make the reservation for those nights asap. If you give him a way out he might take it.
As of last night, my dates were not available.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I secured another reservation a week or so ago so at least we will have a place to stay.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I secured another reservation a week or so ago so at least we will have a place to stay.

This guy still ignoring your messages? You mentioned previously that his restaurant was supposed to open October 5th. I am unable to find anything relating to that as it appears this whole thing went silent on the web following his missed Labor Day opening. I still think this loser is avoiding you because he didn't use your money for the DVC reservation. Can you file a police report for stolen money? I hope you get justice.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stopped sending messages because he never answers. I am about to send another certified letter, except this time I will send it to him at his restaurant. He posted on his fb that now the grand opening is this Friday. I do plan on filing in small claims court. I am tryng to decide if I should file now or wait to see a reservation really does exist when I get to SSR.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I have stopped sending messages because he never answers. I am about to send another certified letter, except this time I will send it to him at his restaurant. He posted on his fb that now the grand opening is this Friday. I do plan on filing in small claims court. I am tryng to decide if I should file now or wait to see a reservation really does exist when I get to SSR.

I see now that John Molesi has updated his Facebook page with the grand opening this Friday. It also appears that he has the phone line set up at the restaurant. Call him at 631 591-2215 as I am sure he is there at the restaurant completing the final details. He needs to be held accountable.

Reaction score
This is scary, especially since you rented from him before. Ask for your money back.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I decided to not waste another $11.80 to send a second certified restricted delivery letter to his restaurant. Yesterday he posted on his restaurant fb that he is looking for help and to call him. Guess what number he posted? Yep, the number to the phone he told me he lost. I just filled out the small claims court complaint form. I am done with his lies.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I decided to not waste another $11.80 to send a second certified restricted delivery letter to his restaurant. Yesterday he posted on his restaurant fb that he is looking for help and to call him. Guess what number he posted? Yep, the number to the phone he told me he lost. I just filled out the small claims court complaint form. I am done with his lies.

It's possible (please note I'm *not* defending the guy, I'd probably do the same in your situation as well), but:
if you lose/destroy a phone, I'm fairly certain they can give you the same phone number on a new phone once the old SIM is invalidated.

When I switched from Android to iPhone, the SIM's weren't compatible, but I still retained my phone #.
When my roomate destroyed his phone (water damage), he bought a new phone and they transferred the same number over.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's possible (please note I'm *not* defending the guy, I'd probably do the same in your situation as well), but:
if you lose/destroy a phone, I'm fairly certain they can give you the same phone number on a new phone once the old SIM is invalidated.

When I switched from Android to iPhone, the SIM's weren't compatible, but I still retained my phone #.
When my roomate destroyed his phone (water damage), he bought a new phone and they transferred the same number over.

Let's assume that to be true. Should he not have my contact info when I kept sending him texts and leaving voicemails? I mean, when someone not in my contact list calls or sends a text, their phone number is displayed.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's assume that to be true. Should he not have my contact info when I kept sending him texts and leaving voicemails? I mean, when someone not in my contact list calls or sends a text, their phone number is displayed.

I'd think so, but some of that is stored on the SIM card and if the card can't go over, you end up with a wiped/clean Contact list (although I'd find it hard to believe as most Android phones, and definitely Samsung phones almost force you to login and backup those things and will auto-download/restore even in the event of a SIM switch).

Hopefully it's not too expensive to do the small claims court filing.

I wonder if your State Attorney General's office can maybe assist? (not sure what they can enforce), but sometimes even a letter from an AG's office can get things rolling.

Good luck, and I truly hope you get your money back!

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
But I have left voicemails and texts after he said he had a new phone. The fee to file is $20 and I need to fly to NY as I live in MN.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
My suggestion

Call him one last time. If you get his voice mail tell him that you have lost patience and are requesting a full refund (or confirmation of reservation with your name, if you wish that as an option). Give him until October 19th otherwise you will file a small claims lawsuit. Also advise him that absent the refund you will post details of your experience on the internet to warn others. I would then send a text and tell him you left an important message on his phone and if he wants to discuss to call you ASAP.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
But I have left voicemails and texts after he said he had a new phone. The fee to file is $20 and I need to fly to NY as I live in MN.

Ugh, that sucks.
I live in NY (state, not NY City). Wonder if I can file on behalf of you. LOL!

Let me ask around. I used to have a contact at the NYS Attorney General's Consumer Affairs office. I vaguely recall anyone (not just NY State residents) could use that office to make a complaint, provided the individual/business that the complaint was against was located in NY.

I had a scam company in Florida that tried to charge my credit card for a timeshare rental and I had to go through the Florida AG's office. Fortunately I never signed the authorization form they sent to me so Capital One reversed the charges and eventually the AG's office shut them down (but they re-formed under a new name). Copeland Marketing