• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Registration?

ronjg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have read the very favorable comments about Platinum Interchange. I like what I have read about your exchange policies. I have been with RCI since I bought my timeshare in 2004. Although I know your exchange base is not as big, I would choose you first before I ever bank my week with RCI. My question is; Do I need to register in advance with you before I try using your service? I just joined TUG and I am sorry to say I am stuck with RCI for the balance of this year.

Reaction score
Free Membership

There is no fee for membership in Platinum Interchange or any annual membership renewal dues. We can create an account for you at anytime.

Platinum Interchange offers member(s) a dual exchange system:
Deposit First – Individual member(s) may deposit their interval in PI’s exchange system before they submit an exchange request. Individual member(s) opting to deposit first have 24 months from the arrival date of the week deposited to withdraw and use a week in PI’s exchange system. However, at the conclusion of the 24 months the deposited week(s) are immediately assigned to PI allowing PI to have all rights to the use of same for the week(s) deposited.
Request First – Individual member(s) may make an exchange request with PI prior to depositing their week. Once an exchange request is submitted, it may be cancelled only if notice (written communication) of cancellation is received by PI prior to confirmation of the request. When and if PI confirms the exchange request, individual member(s) deposit their week in PI’s exchange system by signing the Owner Deposit/Resort Verification Form. PI reserves the right at any time to refuse an exchange deposit if the week deposited is less than 60 days (Domestic), 75 days (International) from the arrival date. Member(s) forfeits the right to occupy and use their home resort interval when it is deposited in PI’s exchange system. PI reserves the exclusive right at any time to refuse an exchange deposit.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
Sandra H.
1-800-854-2324 ext 102

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you use a trading power formula to determine who can exchange into which units/weeks/resorts?

Do some members get first choice of exchanging into new availability?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello Judy,

All of our members are treated with the best customer service, and they all have access to the same inventory list. The a…WAY list is updated twice a day on our website www.platinuminterchange.com

If a member chooses to upgrade, we allow the flexibility to upgrade your exchange to a larger suite size, a higher season or holiday, a higher rated resort, and/or a higher demand destination, upon availability, by paying an additional upgrade(s) fee.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!!!
Sandra H.
1-800-854-2324 ext 102