• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Redweek New rates

cozymel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek Price Increase

I went to Redweek today and there is a note saying

"Attention: Price Increase
Posting prices are increasing on Monday. Take advantage of the current rates by posting your timeshare now. "

Does anyone know what the new posting prices will be?

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I gave up on them about a year ago.

When they increased (the membership fee) or at least the fee to be able to read ads and contact posters.

Unfortunately, I have not found as good a replacement site. Althought I must say I really don't miss Redweek.

hudson1126

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Redweek rates

The new posting prices are:

Rental & exchange postings: $19.99 for 6 months
Resale postings: $49.99 for one year

There will be discounts for multiple listings, but have not seen that posted yet.

wbtimesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
At that rate, a 7day listing on ebay would probably sell faster than redweek and cheaper. The rental still isn't a bad deal considering its over 6 months.

caribbeansun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't forget you also have to pay to be a member in order to post a week. $9.99 for 6 months or $14.99 for a year.

hudson1126

TUG Member
Reaction score
New bulk discount rates

Received from Redweek customer service:

The discount is 25% on all postings after your 15th active posting. 15%
on all postings after your 5th.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I didn't see this one before.

Myresortnetwork.com will be the place to go from now on because I cannot see paying that much to list on redweek, especially with their membership fees on top of the listing fees.

Maybe sellers will abandon their site and find something new. Crownshare.com has unlimited postings for one low price. I think it was only $19.95, but they need to add their site to more search engines to be really effective.

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just listed a bunch of weeks to sell, I used to list on both Redweek and My Resort Network.. there is no way I'm paying that much for a for sale ad on Redweek.

I guess its good for him , if he can get it..
I'm signed up on the email list for new listings at quite a few resorts. I get about one email for a new listing per month.
I guess he's making money.. its cheaper than $500 that some people charge.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I've seen very little traffic from their site over the last year and have no plans to relist anything with them when my listings and membership run out.

I think charging lookers is a terrible idea. I wouldn't pay it with so many other sites available.

It was a good idea that greed has probably killed. Too bad.

Sheila

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went to look at a few listings on Redweek. It seems that many people took advantage of the last few days of the old pricing. Remember what we said last year? We said that we didn't think people would reupp. It seems that they have.

The price we have paid Redweek over the past few years has been really low. If there truly is lots of qualified buyers and renters going to Redweek, then the rates could be worth it.

If I was virtually guaranteed to rent or sell my timeshare, I'd pay double their prices.

timesharer

Reaction score
free listing service

Email me and I can post your rental Ad on my web site for free.

I post my web site at work and the print copy on my friends' company bulletin boards.

Last edited:

timesharer

Reaction score
free listing web site

Sorry, but advertising of any kind is not allowed on any of TUG's Boards. Although your web-site is free, there are Classified Ads on it. Please post any of your Classifieds in our Advertising section found in the red banner at the top of the page. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek has been successful for us

We have rented on ebay, bidshares and redweek. Lately Redweek has been really coming through for us. Ebay seems to be a buyer's market right now for rentals. And if your ad does not take off, you can lose a substantial amount. I have seen the same vacation weeks sell for a huge variation in prices. Redweek is always on, does not have that auction deadline, and a lot of people use it. We have used it both as renters and owners. If it costs $20 and you actually get a good price for your rental it is a fair transaction.

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
While I am

unhappy with their increased costs, Redweeks out performs the other sources by at least 3 to 1 on rentals and sales for us.

I get lot's of lookers on myresort, some on tug, the charging for contact information tends to increase the quality of the clients on Redweek.

Better quaility= higher close rate= more cash for us ;)

We will be staying and taking advantage of the discount for multiple listings.
fwiw,

:D Greg

Mel7706

TUG Member
Reaction score
Might explain why I saw much fewer listings than I expected to see for SW Florida and the Keys. However, for a total cost of $65 to sell a TS with a 6 month listing and a year's membership doesn't sound bad IMHO.