• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RedWeek - Issue with Due Diligence on purchase of Timeshare

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps this post is skewed by my line of work - real estate appraiser. However, I have found that sellers and their agents (even ones who represent themselves as Realtors) are not allowing a potential buyer to verify information prior to having to "jump in" to the purchase.

I will give you the most recent event: I saw a listing for a Wyndham contract for sale on RedWeek that interested me. It was a "full service" listing. I asked for some specific information, that was not disclosed on the listing. The "realtor" from RedWeek responded and attempted to provide some information. However, I was not allowed to get independent verification of such. And some of the information was clearly wrong, and IMPORTANT information - The cost of the Monthly maintenance fees was obviously either missing the program fee, or grossly understated. Other information such as current account balance could not be verified.

I asked the "realtor" if I could receive a copy of the current deed and/or a copy of the estoppel, and/or a copy of the monthly maintenance fee bill. I was told that I could not be provided any of that information, not even a redacted copy. I asked why? And I asked the "realtor" if he was indeed licensed. He said he was licensed, and that the purchase was not a deeded property (contract was NOT Club Access, so I doubt the accuracy of that statement) so I could not see the deed or paperwork. I then asked if I could talk to the seller, he said I could not.

Now, RedWeek is an established force in the market. So why would they not provide verification about the property being sold? Am I the only potential buyer that would like to see verification of what I am buying? Am I out of line to expect a licensed "realtor" to respond in a more transparent mode?

Obviously, I am a paying member of RedWeek, so I would expect some level of verification should be provided to me. Am I wrong?

Thanks for any input.
Wes

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
I would say full disclosure should be the norm, routine. I fail to understand any reputable company's resistance to providing all the information, I think that means lack of knowledge of the expectations of the buyer or they are hiding something. I purchased two TS, both using a closing/escrow company, THEY sent me ALL of the documents everything, the written sales agreement, the estoppel with the maintenance fee statement, and disbursements, no issue no problem. If a company can;t get it right, puts road blocks in your way, move on.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I purchased my unit through Redweek Full Service. Upon request, I was given an estoppel. I was dealing with the manager as my assigned broker never returned my initial request.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for input. I was really surprised that RedWeek would be so unaware of the necessity of providing verification of essential data. And that a licensed realtor would claim that there was no deed for this property.

Someone said the owner of RedWeek is a TUG member. Anyone care to share (via PM) contact info. I would love to have a conversation with him/her.

I did move on to a different property for sale on eBay. Sad that eBay would have better service than full service sales on RedWeek.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Thanks for input. I was really surprised that RedWeek would be so unaware of the necessity of providing verification of essential data. And that a licensed realtor would claim that there was no deed for this property.

Someone said the owner of RedWeek is a TUG member. Anyone care to share (via PM) contact info. I would love to have a conversation with him/her.

I did move on to a different property for sale on eBay. Sad that eBay would have better service than full service sales on RedWeek.

Sent a PM with their info.

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Hi,

We recently used Redweek to purchase and I just really can not recommend them from our experience.

Our situation was different from yours in that they did eventually provide me a copy of the original purchase contract from the seller but I too was not able to get certain details verified by Redweek in writing which they had advertised.

Fortunetly the resort chain in question member services team honored our request for details and reached out to the seller/owner to get their permission to reply to us with requested details.

So yup we went around RedWeek and actually ended up providing our own copy of a document that the resort chain would use in the transfer at closing as what the RedWeek closing company was offering was not relevant or recognized on this particular RTU sale.

We were fortunate that in advance the process, details, and desired benefits wanted were known to us before engaging RedWeek on a specific sale.

So RedWeek......, Open and full disclosure in advertisements and when asked for can lead to quick and effective resales.

It boggles my mind when they don’t appear to know what they are actually selling and then won’t privide transparency as to what’s for sale. Makes it hard to proceed with any degree of confidence.

We started with Redweek in July and offer accepted in Nov but took until Feb when we finally closed the deal. Both seller and us were able to turn around paperwork and signatures with 24 hours when communicated with, including booking and attending a notary.

I’ve posted elsewhere about initial communications when the reply to my questions came back as “it doesn’t matter” from Redweek.

Our advice is “know before you go” and don’t rely on a sales persons to help you find your desired deal.

Do your own homework and if required to use a 3rd party like RedWeek then be firm and pleasant but take charge of the process and don’t follow the lead of the sales team based on any perceived form of trust.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We recently used Redweek to purchase and I just really can not recommend them from our experience.

Our situation was different from yours in that they did eventually provide me a copy of the original purchase contract from the seller but I too was not able to get certain details verified by Redweek in writing which they had advertised.

Fortunetly the resort chain in question member services team honored our request for details and reached out to the seller/owner to get their permission to reply to us with requested details.

So yup we went around RedWeek and actually ended up providing our own copy of a document that the resort chain would use in the transfer at closing as what the RedWeek closing company was offering was not relevant or recognized on this particular RTU sale.

We were fortunate that in advance the process, details, and desired benefits wanted were known to us before engaging RedWeek on a specific sale.

So RedWeek......, Open and full disclosure in advertisements and when asked for can lead to quick and effective resales.

It boggles my mind when they don’t appear to know what they are actually selling and then won’t privide transparency as to what’s for sale. Makes it hard to proceed with any degree of confidence.

We started with Redweek in July and offer accepted in Nov but took until Feb when we finally closed the deal. Both seller and us were able to turn around paperwork and signatures with 24 hours when communicated with, including booking and attending a notary.

I’ve posted elsewhere about initial communications when the reply to my questions came back as “it doesn’t matter” from Redweek.

Our advice is “know before you go” and don’t rely on a sales persons to help you find your desired deal.

Do your own homework and if required to use a 3rd party like RedWeek then be firm and pleasant but take charge of the process and don’t follow the lead of the sales team based on any perceived form of trust.

Wow. I guess RedWeek isn’t as proficient in timeshare sales as I would assume. Sad that eBay is better trained.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will not use them again after my failed attempt to purchase purchase one of their listings. They have horrible communication and completely incompetent in handling the process. My advise would be to avoid their listings entirely.

Nag

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Attitash Mountain Village
Discovery Beach Resortcalle
I saw a listing for a week I wanted and had stayed in. The listing was incorrect for the number of bedroom/bathroom. I contacted Redweek and asked them to verify, and contacted a second time. I wanted the week., put in an offer, was refused, put in another that was accepted. Was told contract would come in 3-5 days. Now 2 weeks later the owner is trying to get a copy of the deed. Should I run? I already own at this resort.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I saw a listing for a week I wanted and had stayed in. The listing was incorrect for the number of bedroom/bathroom. I contacted Redweek and asked them to verify, and contacted a second time. I wanted the week., put in an offer, was refused, put in another that was accepted. Was told contract would come in 3-5 days. Now 2 weeks later the owner is trying to get a copy of the deed. Should I run? I already own at this resort.
If this is a place/week you really want and can’t find anywhere else I would wait it out and see what happens. Just don’t give any money until they can verify what you are buying is exactly as was stated.

I purchased a full service listing from Redweek. Slower then others but got what I wanted.

tink10

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps this post is skewed by my line of work - real estate appraiser. However, I have found that sellers and their agents (even ones who represent themselves as Realtors) are not allowing a potential buyer to verify information prior to having to "jump in" to the purchase.

I will give you the most recent event: I saw a listing for a Wyndham contract for sale on RedWeek that interested me. It was a "full service" listing. I asked for some specific information, that was not disclosed on the listing. The "realtor" from RedWeek responded and attempted to provide some information. However, I was not allowed to get independent verification of such. And some of the information was clearly wrong, and IMPORTANT information - The cost of the Monthly maintenance fees was obviously either missing the program fee, or grossly understated. Other information such as current account balance could not be verified.

I asked the "realtor" if I could receive a copy of the current deed and/or a copy of the estoppel, and/or a copy of the monthly maintenance fee bill. I was told that I could not be provided any of that information, not even a redacted copy. I asked why? And I asked the "realtor" if he was indeed licensed. He said he was licensed, and that the purchase was not a deeded property (contract was NOT Club Access, so I doubt the accuracy of that statement) so I could not see the deed or paperwork. I then asked if I could talk to the seller, he said I could not.

Now, RedWeek is an established force in the market. So why would they not provide verification about the property being sold? Am I the only potential buyer that would like to see verification of what I am buying? Am I out of line to expect a licensed "realtor" to respond in a more transparent mode?

Obviously, I am a paying member of RedWeek, so I would expect some level of verification should be provided to me. Am I wrong?

Thanks for any input.
Wes

Hi Wes!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I brought your post to the attention of our Full Service department manager and wanted to respond.

First, I need to clarify that RedWeek does not have Realtors. Our real estate associates are licensed, but they aren't active in the National Association of Realtors. That being said, we do apologize if you were provided incorrect information. We certainly can provide proof of ownership such as the estoppel and maintenance fee documents, as long as the seller's information is redacted (to protect their privacy). This was actually one of our new agents that handled your inquiry, so we made sure he understands that moving forward, he can absolutely provide copies of the documents when requested.

Thanks again & I hope this helps!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Sounds like sellers would be better off by not using the Redweek salespeople. I have sold many weeks using Redweek and did everything myself and then had Legal Timeshare Transfers do the closing for me. I haven't had any problems, but I do not provide an estoppel, never have, and maybe that is something I should do from now on.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Wes!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I brought your post to the attention of our Full Service department manager and wanted to respond.

First, I need to clarify that RedWeek does not have Realtors. Our real estate associates are licensed, but they aren't active in the National Association of Realtors. That being said, we do apologize if you were provided incorrect information. We certainly can provide proof of ownership such as the estoppel and maintenance fee documents, as long as the seller's information is redacted (to protect their privacy). This was actually one of our new agents that handled your inquiry, so we made sure he understands that moving forward, he can absolutely provide copies of the documents when requested.

Thanks again & I hope this helps!

Thanks, Tink10.

I do appreciate the reach out. However, your stated policies here are NOT what I experienced.

Here is the response to my request for documents to verify ownership type, maintenance fee costs, and current account balance/status:

"Hi Wesley,

Sorry I am not allowed to send out any of the owner's documents. I can answer questions about the contents. Did you have additional questions?

Xxxx Xxxxxx
Authorized RedWeek Agent
Licensed Broker Associate
RedWeek Real Estate LLC"

And here is the answer to my question, "are you a licensed realtor?":
"Yes I am licensed in the state of FL."

Basically, I was told that he had read the documents and I did not need to verify anything, just move forward with the purchase. That to me, is horrible. RedWeek was telling me to buy something with no verification of any sort beyond a listing on the internet.

I have the full emails if you would like me to forward them to you. I have redacted your agent's name, but I trust that you can see my reason(s) for concern.

Thanks again for responding.

Wesley Johnson