TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $13,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $13Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Recsinded successfully but new owner orientation deposit not refunded

Discussion in 'Diamond Resorts International / Embarc Resorts' started by Cafeboss, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Cafeboss

Cafeboss Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Diamond Resorts
    Hello! I recently successfully recsinded an “upgrade” from a deeded week to the “US Collection” points system. Like many they got me to believing it was better, but in the long run it costs so much more & the points don’t cover everything they claimed it would.

Anyhow, they refunded my down payment & for the $49 new owner orientation they told me to contact someone in the resort’s QA department. So I did that via email for documentation purposes & the person replied that it may take a few days depending on the bank institution. 3 weeks passed & I respond to the email. No response & no refund. Using the same email trail I sent another email the other day. No response again. It has been 38 calendar days since he said it would be refunded. At this point I don’t think I’ll get the $49 back. It’s a stupid deposit that’s supposed to be refunded to you when you attend the orientation that I’ll never attend since I’ve recsinded the purchase.

Should I let it go or send another letter with all documentation to the DR corporate offices? I know it’s only $49 but this is not right for them to be able to keep the money & be so unprofessional to not even respond to me.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Grammarhero likes this.
  2. Gypsy65

Gypsy65 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HIVC
    Sometimes it’s the principle

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    R.J.C. and Cafeboss like this.
  3. Grammarhero

Grammarhero Official TUGBBS Rescission Master TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    Williamsburg Plant, EY 4L/4
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    Intl: Aruba, Aus, Bah, China, Jpn, HK, Macau, Mex
    US: AZ, CA, DC, DE, IL, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV
    What was the cost of the Original Ts purchase? It can’t hurt to send another letter.

4. ira g

ira g TUG Member

Was the $49 put on a credit card? If it was I would call the credit card company and request a charge back. Good luck. No way would I let these honorable people get away with this nonsense.

clifffaith, Cafeboss and Grammarhero like this.
  5. Cafeboss

Cafeboss Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Diamond Resorts
    The original deeded week timeshare was about $15k & the new upgrade” was about $40k for 11,000 points & $2000+ annual maintenance fees.

6. Cafeboss

Cafeboss Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Diamond Resorts
    Unfortunately it was put on a debit card.

7. Grammarhero

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    US: AZ, CA, DC, DE, IL, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV
    You can still dispute via a debit card.

8. bogey21

bogey21 TUG Member

Personally I would thank my lucky stars that the rescission went through and I saved the big bucks. I'd forget the $49 and chalk it up to a cheap learning experience...

George

Cafeboss likes this.
  9. TheTimeTraveler

TheTimeTraveler TUG Member

So what is your time worth? Will it take more than 4 hours to "try" and get this back?

If you have nothing to do with your time then I would pursue, but if you have a busy schedule it may be less stress on your part to let it slide; after all you did save yourself from a $15K purchase with $2K annual fees. In my mind you are way ahead of the game!

Cafeboss and Grammarhero like this.
  10. Grammarhero

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    He actually saved $40k. The upgrade was $40k.

Cafeboss likes this.
  11. Cafeboss

Cafeboss Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Diamond Resorts
    Thank you everyone for your input. I am grateful that I got out of a bad and expensive investment and I don’t think that trying to contact the “QA” department or anyone else at DR would get me a response in a timely manner. Good thing for emails that can be used as evidence though! I was able to get in contact with my bank who has filed a dispute for the charge. I explained that they agreed to issue the refund per that email but that they have not done so, nor answered any more of my emails. They asked for me to forward the emails and they filed the dispute. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it upheld.

As much as I would like to keep pursuing it through the DR channels to make a point, I am very busy and it would just be added “work” to get all the paperwork together to send to corporate DR. At least I have the documentation that their employee agreed to give me a refund but failed to follow through. What a bunch of liars!

ira g and Grammarhero like this.
  12. Expediaismyfriend

Expediaismyfriend Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Westgate
    I stupidly signed up for timeshare in March this year, and they took out down payment with debit on my account in June. Now, October, I cannot afford the payment nor have time or $$ to travel like they suggested. I tried to dispute the charge with my bank, and they came back with signed paperwork. How can I fight this to get money back? $548.

13. Grammarhero

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    Sorry to say it. The $548 is gone.