• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recommended WorldMark Maui Resorts

Villalaz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
My Husband and I are going to Maui in Summer 2019. We are traveling with my Daughter and 2 Grand kids (4 and 6).
Looking for advise or opinion for which of the 2 Maui resorts would work best and why.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
At Worldmark Valley Isle the largest Room is a 2 Bedroom. Though it is right on the Beach. We have never stayed there but we have walked through it and seen a 2 Bedroom Unit. They seemed a bit tight in space. This is a share Resort with VI and managed by VI. It is in the Lahaina area.

The largest Unit at Kihei is 3 Bedroom. It is located in Kihei and is just across the road from a nice beach - Kamaole Beach 1. If the Grandkids like Pools the one at Kihei is better. This is where we stay when on Maui. It is a little closer to the Airport. It is also closer to Haleakala. Also easier to get to Hana.

Villalaz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
At Worldmark Valley Isle the largest Room is a 2 Bedroom. Though it is right on the Beach. We have never stayed there but we have walked through it and seen a 2 Bedroom Unit. They seemed a bit tight in space. This is a share Resort with VI and managed by VI. It is in the Lahaina area.

The largest Unit at Kihei is 3 Bedroom. It is located in Kihei and is just across the road from a nice beach - Kamaole Beach 1. If the Grandkids like Pools the one at Kihei is better. This is where we stay when on Maui. It is a little closer to the Airport. It is also closer to Haleakala. Also easier to get to Hana.
Is it difficult to cross the road to get to the beach at Kihei? Which beach is better, Valley Isle or Kihei

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
We have never had a problem crossing the road to the Beach at Kihei. Just from looking at the Beach at Valley Isle and swimming at the beach at Kihei we think the Beach at Kihei is better. During our first stay in 2003 we were swimming between 4 and 5 am. You tend to wake up early your first morning. If you want to go up to the top of Haleakala you need to make a Reservation with the National Park System. You can do this online. If you are over 62 and have the Pass you an get in for free but you still need the Reservation. It is 10,000 feet high. So it is cold and the altitude bothers some people.

Edit. In all our trips to Maui we have only driven to Hana once. It would probably bore a 4 and 6 year old. However on the Road to Hana there are several water falls with (As Patti says very cold) pools you can swim in. Patti thinks cold water is for drinking not swimming.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
We think the Kamaole beach across the street from the Worldmark is excellent and far surpasses Kaanapali Beach, which gets all the press.

The only issue with South Maui beaches are that the wind kicks up in the early afternoon and it is brutal to pack up when the sand is flying. We would typically go in the morning and then pre-emptively pack up around 2pm. It worked well for us.

The traffic light was no issue and we had very young kids with us. Your question brings back very happy memories!

Best,

Greg

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We think the Kamaole beach across the street from the Worldmark is excellent and far surpasses Kaanapali Beach, which gets all the press.

The only issue with South Maui beaches are that the wind kicks up in the early afternoon and it is brutal to pack up when the sand is flying. We would typically go in the morning and then pre-emptively pack up around 2pm. It worked well for us.

The traffic light was no issue and we had very young kids with us. Your question brings back very happy memories!

Best,

Greg
We own in Kihei so we are prejudiced. We tend to drive down past Wailea and use the beach in front of what used to be the Maui Prince. We are usually down there by about 9 a.m. and are back to the condo for lunch. I agree mornings are the optimal time to be on tne beach.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
My Husband and I are going to Maui in Summer 2019. We are traveling with my Daughter and 2 Grand kids (4 and 6).
Looking for advise or opinion for which of the 2 Maui resorts would work best and why.

We stayed at both resorts last year. The Valley Isle Resort is our favorite because of the location on the ocean and the views. However, the WM Kihei is a large resort with many activities and is very close some of the nicest beaches in Maui. The WM Kihei has a very cool pool area with an open indoor that hosts bbq's and ukelele lessons while we were there. The rooms are much larger. We had a three bedroom for a few days and a one bedroom ocean view for a few more. If I were taking my grandkids to a Maui WM I would go to the resort in Kihei.

Bill

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Once the kids are older they will probably be interest in snorkeling. On most days it is best to be at your beach of choice by 8am. Normally no winds, no waves, and no crowds. The first few times we did this Patti complained about the early hour. Now she is all in for the early start. We are done by the time the crowds, wind, and waves show up.