TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended sites to sell use year points ??

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club - DVC' started by decadude, Mar 14, 2017.

1. decadude

decadude TUG Member

I dont want to get rid of my Disney timeshare but I would prefer to sell my points each year what site or sites can you do this on and what is a fair market value for the price per point.

2. bnoble

bnoble TUG Member

3. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    David's finds the client, actually check via a DVC site that booking is available, email several owners (like yourself with the right ownership & points available), you response via email ... they ask you to book it ... it you are the fastest one) and when you do & confirm you got it) and then add their guest's name .. you get paid about 1/2. After checkin, you get the other 1/2 of the rental fee.

The key is responding ASAP to their inquiry. I don't know if they will text you a request. I own under 100 AKV points. And I bank and borrow the points.

PS They have actually called me directly ... asking if I still have points to rent ... AKV appears to be a very a popular destination.

4. bnoble

bnoble TUG Member

Right now, it's a renter's market---there is significantly more demand for rental points than supply. Quote from owner's site below. He's also added AKV to the "premium resort" category for which he charges (and reimburses) an extra $1/pt for >7mo reservations.

We are currently experiencing a shortage of points for all resorts: We have guests lined up for reservations arriving over the next 6 months. All points are valid for these reservations.

vacationhopeful likes this.
  5. ljmiii

ljmiii TUG Member

6. decadude

decadude TUG Member

I only get 25 points a year I have a very small ownership but none the less maybe I can still rent sell the points

7. vacationhopeful

vacationhopeful TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Ft Lauderdale Beach, Wyndham Santa Barbara, Wyndham Royal Vista, Wyndham Sea Gardens, Wyndham Shawnee (Poconos)
    You would be surprised .. those 25 points .. banked & borrowed along with current use year points .. have 75 points available for booking.

Just call David's and ASK. They will verify your ownership ... and await their contacting you .. usually email for me. BUT ask all your questions with David's staff or any other rental agency.

Good Luck ... hope it benefits you.

Jayco29D likes this.
  8. dundey

dundey Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    DVC - BLT & WLV
    Bolton Valley Resort,
    Morritt's Grand,
    DVC rental store is the best one I have used.

9. tinkerbell2

tinkerbell2 TUG Member

I have a small contract also and I always had success renting from David at dvcrequest.com. The service is great !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. bendadin

bendadin TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    DVC BLT & AKV
    Wyndham WBC, Panama City Beach, Bay Club
    Grandview Las Vegas
    I find my transfers on MouseOwners. I've been on both sides of transfers and they are very quick and easy.

11. icydog

icydog TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I had great success using the Disboards. I paid the $25 fee and EASILY rented all my points for more money than my usual rental fees on Redweek. I wish I had used the Dis earlier.

The Demand is very great over there but the Supply is not, so it's a seller's (Disney Vacation Club point owner's) market! I use PayPal to get paid and the transactions are quick and very easy.

elleny76 likes this.
  12. elleny76

elleny76 Guest

We use Paul. See below
    Paul / DVC Rental Store <dvcrentalstore@gmail.com>

ljmiii likes this.
  13. Monykalyn

Monykalyn TUG Member

From the rentee's side- I am using DVC rental store-they have been extremely responsive to me. I added DME to our august reservation last week and it was done within 48 hours (the owner must be a fast responder as well!). They have been awesome to work with from the other side(wanting to rent) which makes one think they are good to owners.

14. spragu14

spragu14 TUG Member

I have only rented my points once, with David's, and they rented the same day that I put them up for rent.
    It was just a small amount.

15. Jayco29D

Jayco29D TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    DVC: VGC, Aulani, VGF, Poly, AK (Anaheim, Oahu, Orlando)
    WKORVN-OF (Maui)
    MKO-OV (Oahu)
    FSA x2 (San Diego)
    Yes, I agree. I own 6 contracts at 5 DVC resorts. I did this so I can book at 11 months and bank and borrow since I doubt I would visit every year anyway. I think this gives more flexibility than 1 or 2 bigger contracts.