TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Recission... Buy From Resell Market

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by OC_Noob, Aug 29, 2019.

1. OC_Noob

OC_Noob Guest

Hello All,
    (I've discovered the proper sub-folder for Worldmark, sorry for posting in wrong place:()

A story I'm sure that has been told hundreds of times before (question at the end):

Young couple gets enticed by a free vacation and dinner credits to view a SHORT presentation. During this not short presentation, seemingly friendly 'consultants' make it seem like an AMAZING idea to stop throwing away money at hotels and buy into something that you will have perpetual ownership!!! The young couple reasons that the monthly charges would fit within the budget and decide to jump in, yay!

Of course, during the long presentation, voices of family members warnings of time share nightmares past were ignored. Once the couple got home, the voices got louder and so the couple went to the internet, and lo and behold, the same super modest package they bought for $16K can be had for $2K or less. The Horror! Fortunately, the couple are well within their recession period, so a happy ending is forthcoming!

Now for the actual question: Once we rescind the contract, will there be any problems with buying on the resell market and transferring to us? Of course one of the sales tactics to create urgency was saying that "this is a one time only offer, once you say 'no' today, you can only buy the 40 year lease option, not premier."

This is regarding Worldmark by Wyndham.

TIA - Steve

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    capital city likes this.
  2. cbyrne1174

cbyrne1174 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Club Wyndham
    WorldMark credits are worth $0.20 per credit. You're in the wrong section though. WorldMark and Club Wyndham are 2 different systems. If you do buy Worldmark, it's best to own a perfect multiple of 10,000 credits so you get the maximum number of free housekeeping. You can still buy resale. Just make sure you decide beforehand which club you want to join or if you want to be in both.

OC_Noob likes this.
  3. geerlijd

geerlijd TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Shanty Creek Vacation Club
    WorldMark
    Wyndham Bali Hai
    Wyndham Canterbury
    Wynhdam South Shore
    Don't worry about the 40 yr lease, I am not aware of anyone that has actually seen one of these contracts.

I have bought several resale WorldMark, all were premier.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

OC_Noob likes this.
  4. OC_Noob

OC_Noob Guest

Thanks for the reply, I just found the right sub-forum and the answer to my question. Good times!

Grammarhero likes this.