• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recent promotional visit to HGVC Las Vegas Strip

Ernie McClellan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCVC MarBrisa
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas
Atrium Resort VA Beach
Hello everyone -

I have been a member for a while now, and have learned so much from all of you here since my first encounter with TS back in the early 2000's. The parter and I recently visited HGVC on the strip, and I thought I would share the experience for your info.

I am the owner, the partner is not, he got the invite. Check in was very smooth. The front desk clerk happened to mention that the hotel was just under 50% occupancy. Since this was a Tuesday - Friday trip in February, I was not too surprised by this.

The next afternoon, when we arrived for the tour, we were checked in promptly, at this point we did let them know that I was an owner. Our counselor gave us a tour of the model, which allowed for a view of a Studio, 1BR, 2BR, or 3BR configuration.

After the tour our guy kept it short and sweet. I explained to him that I had all the points I currently need. He brought the second layer over, she made a resale offer of:

1600 Points - Elara
$12,995
With one time 10K bonus club points

She also included an offer for the Amex card at 0% for the first year to finance the purchase, or of course we could do the in-house financing.

I declined this offer.

The incentive offered was a full refund of the $199 charge for the stay, and then a certificate for $200 rebate on a stay at any Hilton brand hotel. Only catch here, is that you must select the particular Hilton brand you want at the time of gifting. Overall, good experience, no stress at all.