TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Received Interval Trade yesterday for November 3-10 2018 Ko Olina

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by ArubaEileen, Nov 6, 2017.

1. ArubaEileen

ArubaEileen TUG Member

I received a confirmation yesterday for a 2 Bedroom at Ko Olina yesterday for November 3-10 2018. I deposited a 2 Bedroom Aruba Surf Club week in March. This was my first time using Interval and I am so happy to receive a trade a year in advance! Thank you to all on this forum who advised me on how to do this! I also signed up for Eplus, hoping to get a 3 Bedroom! I would love any activity recommendations for this trip. We are a family of 5, 3 kids in their 20s, hoping to do some hiking!

hudshut and silentg like this.
  2. ArubaEileen

ArubaEileen TUG Member

(I am not sure why I am showing as a guest, I just paid to join the TUG group)

3. jpc763

jpc763 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
    You are going to love Ko Olina. Lots of activities around the island. Although Diamond Head is not really a "hike" in the truest extent of the word (stairs, lots of people) it is definitely worth doing!

silentg and ArubaEileen like this.
  4. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Holly Tree,Calini Beach, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, Pines,
    Fishermen's Village
    Very nice for first time exchange. Ko Olina is a beautiful resort. Have fun.

ArubaEileen likes this.
  5. m61376

m61376 TUG Member

A stay at Ko'Olina won at a fundraising auction is what made us fall in love with timesharing . We, too, bought in Aruba since it's a long flight, but it's a beautiful resort and we hope to return one day.Enjoy!!

ArubaEileen and silentg like this.
  6. MOXJO7282

MOXJO7282 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I love II, it always comes through for us. The key is to submit the trade request early. II wants their exchange money so if you give them something of good value I think the trade is very likely and your experience and mine bears that out.

ArubaEileen likes this.
  7. VacationForever

VacationForever TUG Member

My favorite Hawaiian resort. Enjoy!

ArubaEileen likes this.
  8. chalee94

chalee94 TUG Member

The advice below was stolen from Denise but should be helpful:

If you paid for your TUG membership, you should have received an email telling you how to change your status to "member." If you don't have the email, click on BBS Help at the top of the page, and scroll all the way down to the last link, for instructions.

ArubaEileen likes this.
  9. ArubaEileen

ArubaEileen TUG Member

It is showing that my membership is active, but not recognizing my new user name? I will call the 800 number when I am not working to help walk me through this. Thank you for your help!

10. turkel

turkel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge
    Marriott Grand Chateau
    Congratulations on your trade. A year in advance is truly awesome. I myself have a request in for any Hawaii Marriott for a May 2018 week. Still patiently waiting, requested 1 year out and I only need a studio. I am confident it will come through but the bride and groom are anxious. The grooms mother, my best friend is regretting offering her son the honeymoon. It's hard to explain the wait to non timeshare folks.

Hope you have a wonderful time. November is great time to visit the islands. Perfect weather less crowded!

ArubaEileen likes this.
  11. Tokapeba

Tokapeba TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Mountainside, Worldmark, Ridge Tahoe
    We did the Hawaiian Fire Surf School, would highly recommend them.

ArubaEileen likes this.
  12. ArubaEileen

ArubaEileen TUG Member

I hope you get your trade! Funny, we have talked about doing a Hawaii trade for our son when he gets engaged!

13. davidvel

davidvel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
    There is always a big Marriott bulk deposit for May at Ko Olina. For timing and details, search the Sightings forum for past sightings, or post there, and I or others can point you to the details.

elizk, ArubaEileen and turkel like this.
  14. ArubaEileen

ArubaEileen TUG Member

Thanks so much for the advice. I still need to call the help TUG help line to switch to membership status. (Looks like I can do that on Monday). I never even knew there was a sightings forum!

15. SueDonJ

SueDonJ Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
    I'm so sorry, I meant to respond to your last post about TUG membership but forgot. (I'm moving this week, lots of things on my mind and taking my time.)

Click on this TUG Bulletin Board Help page link, then scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the "TUG Member shown as 'Guest' on TUGBBS." link under "TUG Membership." It's self-explanatory from there but if anything doesn't work the way it looks like it's supposed to, post here about it and we'll be able to help.

ArubaEileen likes this.
  16. ArubaEileen

ArubaEileen TUG Member

Thank you for your help. I checked my emails and I cannot find a code anywhere?? I know I established a new username though when I signed up. I am going to call the 800 number on Monday and have someone walk me through it.

17. ArubaEileen

ArubaEileen TUG Member

Thank you for your help, I am now ArubaEileen!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2017
    silentg and SueDonJ like this.
  18. jonsie523

jonsie523 Guest

There was a huge deposit for Ko Olina this morning including tons of dates in May, mostly for 2 bedroom units though. Last I checked about 30 mins ago there was only 1 left for May, but tons for January-April. I snagged a 2 bedroom the last week in May. There was also a huge deposit for the Marriott Waiohai a few days ago, but those of course are also 2 bedroom units. I check very early every morning and there’s been tons of really great stuff recently. If you’re not doing manual checks, I highly suggest it.

ArubaEileen likes this.
  19. ArubaEileen

ArubaEileen TUG Member

I have been checking every morning too, but I am looking for October and November 2018 dates only. I am hoping to get a 3 bedroom at Ko Olina, but would possibly trade for Waiohai if a 2 bedroom comes available. Which resort would have more to do for a family with 3 adult kids in their 20's? That's great that you got one in May too!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2017
  20. turkel

turkel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge
    Marriott Grand Chateau
    l

I got one thanks!!! I had to use my 1 bedroom and then cancel my OGS with my studio, though. The bride and groom are ecstatic and I may be able to sleep through the night until my own wedding this Saturday. I feel a huge weight off my shoulders as the bride and groom were very anxious. 3 nights of no sleep checking II every few hours is more than this bride to be eyes (think drank circles) could take.

I did see the Waiohai and Westin Nanea 2 bedrooms the previous 2 nights but I was really hoping for a studio or 1 bedroom match with my studio. They really didn't need a 2 bedroom and giving up my 1 bedroom means I will need to pay another upgrade fee to get a 1 bedroom but the relief I feel now that it is booked is worth it.

Not sure if I will offer to do this in the future. It is stressful being responsible for someone else's vacation. Especially when they don't understand how exchanging works. They constantly badgered the grooms mom, my best friend, who is going through breast cancer surgery and reconstruction. She in turn would tell me and so it went.

I am done!!! Yeah!

ArubaEileen and Fasttr like this.
  21. jonsie523

jonsie523 Guest

Congrats! That’s awesome! I can now get some sleep too. I have an obsession with checking II in the middle of the night, but it really messes up my sleep. But, my hard work paid off and I got the Westin Nanea and then a 2 bedroom at Ko Olina for back-to-back weeks!

Congrats on your wedding! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    ArubaEileen likes this.
  22. jonsie523

jonsie523 Guest

Hmmm...It’s hard to say which resort would have more for 20 year olds. Ko Olina is definitely geared towards families with younger children. It has the lagoons which are perfect for younger kids and is kind of far from the rest of the island, so I wouldn’t say there’s a ton to of things to do at the resort itself for grown children. The Waiohai has a nice beach right there which has some activities.

I personally love Ko Olina the best, but both are very nice resorts. I think Ko Olina has a nicer resort area because it’s very open and has lots of space to walk around. For both you’ll want to get out and explore the island though, because you’ll miss so much if you don’t. If you’re looking for hiking, I’d do Kauai because it has some really beautiful (but intense!) hikes, although Oahu has tons of hiking too. For us, we’ve always been way more active on Kauai and more leisurely on Oahu, but many would disagree. Oahu is more of a bigger city with Honolulu and has highways, whereas Kauai is very rural and has small two-way streets which makes it hard to travel from different parts of the island. They’re both great, but very different experiences. If you can get a 3 bedroom unit at Ko Olina, I’d go there.

ArubaEileen likes this.
  23. turkel

turkel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge
    Marriott Grand Chateau
    Thank you! Off to my own honeymoon on Sunday! 3 weeks in Thailand!

ArubaEileen have you thought about the Marriott in Maui? The location can't be beat, and there is lots to do with in walking distance for the 20 somethings.

ArubaEileen likes this.
  24. ArubaEileen

ArubaEileen TUG Member

Yes, I would love to get the Marriott in Maui, but I haven't seen any 2 bedrooms available for October or November. Is the resort in Maui better than Ko Olina? Should I trade if it becomes available? I am so jealous of your honeymoon to Thailand. It is definitely on my bucket list!

25. turkel

turkel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge
    Marriott Grand Chateau
    I think everyone has their personal favorites. I prefer the Maui Marriott to Ko Olina hands down. Others here will disagree. They are all very nice resorts and any one of them is better than not going at all!

Oahu is just not my favorite island. Love Maui, love Kauai either would be a top pick for me personally.