TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Re-qualifying Mandatory Weeks

Discussion in 'Vistana Signature Experiences (formerly Starwood)' started by The Haileys, May 12, 2018.

1. Markus

Markus TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WLR, WSJ, WKV, WDW, VSE 5*
    Yes. Vistana will give you a credit of 80% of the price the week was originally sold to the first purchaser. This credit is used against a new developper purchase.

Markus

youknowthenight likes this.
  2. youknowthenight

youknowthenight TUG Member

Can you only trade in one for one, or can you apply multiple to one? I would think people could scoop up a bunch of free SBPs for example and credit them all to a new purchase .

3. DannyTS

DannyTS TUG Member

did you have any balance to pay? If i understand correctly you got a credit of 35k so there should have not been much if any left after that, right?

4. KevSki

KevSki TUG Member

You can only sell back one and and retro one in one transaction. If I recall correctly, Vistana wants $20K in new money, but will allow the trade-in to count against the purchase price.

5. carpie99

carpie99 TUG Member

yes ... I get this offer all the time ... but need to include $20K of new money ... no thanks!

6. Sicnarf

Sicnarf TUG Member

Yes

7. duke

duke TUG Member

For WKORV (S/N/Nanea) it is $75k (not $20k) new money for oceanfront units.

8. SandyPGravel

SandyPGravel Guest

What I like is my week(WSJ) is tax assessed at 20K(IIRC), original owner paid 30K, sales says my week now would cost 68K. So 80% of 30K + I give them another 20K and they'll turn around and sell my original week for $68K??? I don't think I'll take that deal.
    OUCH!!!

Tucsonadventurer likes this.
  9. carpie99

carpie99 TUG Member

I don't understand how they can validate that price? Aren't maintenance fees like $3200 a year? $75,000 over 15 years is $5,000 a year not including it already being paid total upfront.

How much is it just to do a straight rental of one of these units? Significantly more than $8,200 a week?

10. okwiater

okwiater TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
    WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
    WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
    SMV 2B Plat+
    Sheraton Flex (x2)
    Yes, but if you rent a unit you don't get to be Elite! :thumbup:

The Haileys likes this.
  11. The Haileys

The Haileys Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
    Hotel rates in Hawaii, especially Maui, are insane. A week in a 2 bed ocean view can run as much as $12,000 for a week, for hotel guests. Average is $1100 a night. Ocean FRONT is probably not even available to hotel guests. Island view studios start around $400 a night. We pay about $1800 in maintenance fees for our one bedroom ocean view. The same week would cost over $5000 through hotel inventory. So yeah, worth it.

12. Markus

Markus TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    WLR, WSJ, WKV, WDW, VSE 5*
    It really depends on the sales office, quarter end and product being sold. I have traded in 2 weeks on a single transaction and have had to put in as little as $10K, all while also retroing a week.

Markus

13. KACTravels

KACTravels TUG Member

So the new money was $13K not $15K?

14. darius

darius TUG Member

Markus, congrats on your transaction. Just out of curiosity, what did you trade in and purchase to put in 10K if you don't mind sharing?

KACTravels likes this.
  15. The Haileys

The Haileys Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Sheraton Flex Sheraton Vistana Villages - Bella EY
    They were crediting about $2k in equity in the Flex, the total was about $25k, after taking back the EOY Flex and selling us an annual Flex, plus re-qualifying the Bella resale. Then another $2600 off from the Explorer package we (stupidly) bought two years ago. All in, $23k.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

darius and KACTravels like this.