TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

RCI - Weeks Exchange on Big Island, Hawaii Fall 2019

Discussion in 'Exchanging Timeshares' started by Missbunbun, May 1, 2019.

1. Missbunbun

Missbunbun TUG Member

Hi - First time poster here.

I have an on-going search with RCI with dates ranging from mid-Sept through mid-Dec 2019. The resorts in my search are: 1) Bay Club 2) Kohala Suites 3) King's Land and 4) Mauna Lani Hotel.

I created my ongoing search 2 weeks ago and I got a match at Bay Club yesterday:
    Unit Type: 1 Bedroom
    Check in Date: 28-Sep-2019
    Max Occupancy/Privacy:4/4
    Trading Power: 52

The deposit I'm using has a TPU of 54.

I have 2 young children and having fun pools are important for us on vacation - so Bay Club was my least preferred option.

Any thoughts on how likely I'll get a match against Kings Land, Kohala or Mauna Lani? Or should I just take the Bay Club week now?

Thank you!

2. alwysonvac

alwysonvac Sighting Expert TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts Owned:
    WorldMark,
    HGVC (Oahu & Vegas),
    VISTANA Mandatory (Orlando & Scottsdale)

Bought and sold several over the years including Disney & Four Seasons
  3. hudshut

hudshut TUG Member

Welcome to TUG:
    Bay Club guests are allowed to use the pool at Kohala.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  4. Luanne

Luanne TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

But the pool, and pool area at Kohala are not very big. I think the pool at the Bay Club might be bigger. We've stayed at both the Bay Club and Kohala Suites (not Kingsland) and of the two prefer the Bay Club. The units are bigger. The advantage to Kohala Suites and Kingsland is that you have free access to the pools at the Hilton Waikoloa. But check that out, you never know if it's changed.

I didn't realize Mauna Lani Hotel was part of an exchange program. I went in to see what type of accommodations and it looks like it's pretty much a standard hotel room. No kitchen, no laundry in the unit.

5. Missbunbun

Missbunbun TUG Member

Thanks! The kids want slides, and it looks like kohala has them.

6. Missbunbun

Missbunbun TUG Member

Thanks for the additional information!

I am leaning towards releasing this week, whereas my husband wants to keep it. We will see who wins out!

I will post an update once we decide.

7. hudshut

hudshut TUG Member

Kohala only has one "slide", and it's about 5 feet long. Just a slant in the wall. It's not what one imagines when the term "waterslide" is used.

For waterslides, you either need to stay at KingsLand or Kohala Suites. Both give their guests complimentary passes to the Hilton Waikoloa Village. KingsLand has three waterslides, plus one toddler slide, and basketball/volleyball in the pool.

Since you have a lot of time, I would keep searching. Bay Club will still come up closer to your dates, if the other two have not matched.

8. Luanne

When my daughters were little they liked the pools better than the beach. So I get the desire for great pools and a slide. However, I'll also tell you that one year we spent one night at the Hilton Waikoloa (it was a gap night between timeshares). After an hour or so both girls were bored with the pools and the slides.

jehb2 and Missbunbun like this.
  9. bnoble

bnoble TUG Member

It is possible (or at least it was last summer) to buy a day pass to the HWV pools. I don't remember how much it was; we were staying at Kohala.

10. lynne

lynne TUG Member

Mauna Lani Hotel has been purchased by Auberge Resorts and is currently closed for a massive renovation. They are hoping to be open by the end of 2019.

Missbunbun likes this.
  11. Luanne

I thought day use for the pools at the Hilton were free for those staying at Kingsland or Kohala. The day pass was available to those staying at the Bay Club. Don't remember the amount. But, as I said, this may have changed. I'm going to see if I can find any updates.

According to the RCI website it looks like use of the pools at the Hilton are free for those staying at Kingsland or Kohala Suites. For the Bay Club it does say there is a fee if you want to use the pools there. "Registered Bay Club guests are currently offered a special $85.00 daily pass or $150.00 3-day pool pass, to use the recreational water facilities at the Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel next door to the resort." I have no idea if this fee is per person or covers up to a certain number.

12. bnoble

bnoble TUG Member

They are! I did not explain myself clearly. You can buy a day pass if you are NOT otherwise entitled to access. I have no idea what they cost, because we were entitled to access.

13. Luanne

Registered Bay Club guests are currently offered a special $85.00 daily pass or $150.00 3-day pool pass, to use the recreational water facilities at the Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel next door to the resort.

Missbunbun likes this.
  14. cyntravel

cyntravel TUG Member

Thanks that is nice to know.

15. SmithOp

SmithOp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 14.4K Points.
    Missbunbun likes this.
  16. Missbunbun

Missbunbun TUG Member

We decided to take our chances and release the week. I also removed bay club from our ongoing search.

Thanks to everyone for the help!