• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Promotional Offer

Anw015

Reaction score
Hello, so back in Aug of 17 I went on a Hilton timeshare tour And ever since RCI has been contacting me today I picked up and listen to what they offered. They offered 4 trips two to Florida the other as international trips one being all inclusive originally for just under 800 and then knocked it down to right around 500 it seem too good to be true and I asked him for a time to think and for them to send all the details via email. he then put his manager on the phone who was very pushy and got upset because I refuse to agree to purchase right then and there and said it was no longer being offered to me which I know they will call again so I’m not worried but I’m just wondering is there any truth to the offer or will I be hit with a lot of extra charges later. Has anybody accepted this promotional offer? Or anything info about this is greatly appreciated.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It is likely not RCI calling you, but a third-party scammer trying to claim they are RCI. That is a very common thing. Secondly, you are right - nothing they offered won't be offered again, and it was all a ploy to get you to bite. The hard sell "manager" was part of the scam.

What I've heard about these types of offers, is once they have your money, if they are real offers, the restrictions on the trips are SO SPECIFIC, it's virtually impossible to use them. They are for specific dates and such, and no cancellations or date changes are possible. If it was a telemarketing scam, which is my suspicion, you might be asked to pay additional fees in the future with the same results as above, or they'll just take your money and disappear into the woodwork.

Strong advice: Don't fall for it. Stop taking their calls. Get the company's name and Google them to see if they're real. If they are truly RCI, they won't have a problem giving you their credentials. Anything they are offering, if it is real, should be able to be sent to you in writing for your review. There is never a demand to do it RIGHT NOW - OR ELSE on any legitimate offer.

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you think they were pushy on the phone, just imagine the pressure they would put you under in person if they can make you feel that you are under obligation to buy or else they would charge you the retail price of this 'complementary' vacation. That's the reason you're getting these offers. They sense that you are ripe for the picking.

Just beware. Not telling you not to bite on the offer, but if you do, there will be some uncomfortable confrontations to deal with. There is no free lunch, and saleweasels can, and do lie. They will tell you ANYTHING to make the sale. Now, it's risky, but one tactic is if the pressure gets too high, people have beaten the weasels down then signed and then rescinded the next day. I don't recommend this, but as a last ditch way to end a sales presentation, it HAS been done.

Jim