• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Ongoing Search for DVC

ajenks22

Reaction score
Hi there. We are longstanding RCI members and have been to WDW 3 times at Christmas using RCI Points. First, we stayed in OKW (2010), then offsite (2013,2016). We are platinum members and have an ongoing search for ALL WDW properties with check-in dates for Dec 20-29. I am fine with a 1 bedroom at OKW or SSR (I actually love OKW!).

Can anyone give me the likelihood of us getting a search match? We have tons of RCI points, so that won't be an issue.

So, to sum up:
RCI ongoing search for ANY WDW 1-bedroom property
Check-in date range Dec 20-29
Possible?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hi there. We are longstanding RCI members and have been to WDW 3 times at Christmas using RCI Points. First, we stayed in OKW (2010), then offsite (2013,2016). We are platinum members and have an ongoing search for ALL WDW properties with check-in dates for Dec 20-29. I am fine with a 1 bedroom at OKW or SSR (I actually love OKW!).

Can anyone give me the likelihood of us getting a search match? We have tons of RCI points, so that won't be an issue.

So, to sum up:
RCI ongoing search for ANY WDW 1-bedroom property
Check-in date range Dec 20-29
Possible?
This year I saw one pop up a week before start date in your range. Have no way knowing if someone matched and cancelled or it was put in by dvc last minute.

Realize matches only occur for weeks. There are many dvc week that are points that will not match with an auto search. You need to manually look each day.

The inventory for dvc usually starts getting put into RCI 6-8 months out. If you don’t get a match by July I would make plans elsewhere that you can cancel if you get matched at a later date.

ajenks22

Reaction score
Thank you! So are you saying an ongoing search will not work for DVC properties since I am a points member? That an ongoing search will only match weeks properties? Just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thank you! So are you saying an ongoing search will not work for DVC properties since I am a points member? That an ongoing search will only match weeks properties? Just want to make sure I understand correctly.
Anyone who puts a search in for dvc will only match if the dvc week is deposited under weeks. If a dvc week is deposited under points those can only be manually matched.

I do not know how it is determined which designation the week get, I see both in my manual searches in the hgvc portal.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I would call RCI and ask about whether or not your search will see all availability, points or weeks. Unless searches are different points owners see both weeks and points inventory but weeks owners only see weeks inventory.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ongoing searches match Weeks inventory, whether placed in a Points or Weeks account. Points accounts can additionally see Points inventory, but only in real time.

Developer portals might be Weeks or Weeks + Points depending on circumstances. For example, Wyndham is Weeks unless the account has a developer purchase or is enrolled in PlusPartners, then it is Weeks + Points.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a 2 year old ongoing search for all dvc for this Christmas 12/22 or 12/23 checkin using Rci week, Wyndham portal and Worldmark portal but no luck. I have backup place at Marriott grand vista

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
In addition to an ongoing search, you would need to check frequently for points reservations popping in. I have scored some excellent weeks by just looking every morning.

Your chances greatly improve if you are flexible on dates and can wait until just a few weeks out.

If you want certainty in your plans, I would book something else or book DVC from an owner.