• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Member Ratings (Now closed)

kenojg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rci had a long update of their web site last night.. I see that I can no longer sort a search by reviews.. weeks or points. I do see the reviews there, but not sure if they are closing them or not.. the now closed appears

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I see that too. It has quite an impact, making that info harder to see. Now I don't have a quick and easy way to get a feel for the how the resort is viewed by people that stay there. I was able to basically skip right by less than 4 star resorts, saving me time. Now I have to read reviews of every resort!

This move by RCI may increase the total number of exchanged performed as unwary people will takes resorts they may have [assed by if they saw how bad the resort was rated.

This move by RCI however makes TUG membership even more valuable as we do have access to reviews!

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, I see that the overall reviews rating is still provided - once you go into the specific resort info. So instead of reading every resort's reviews I have to at least click into a 2nd page. Still ALOT more time to find and decide on possible exchanges. Grr.

kenojg

TUG Member
Reaction score
now it may just be a bug or an oversight, I would have and intend to ask RCI... I would have if that damm help box had opened, however this is probably the only time it did not appear,, I would have used it, the other 1000 times I click it closed

flybefree

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just saw this tonight as well and will be furious if this is anything other than a glitch. I don't want to waste my time clicking on crappy resorts. I want to be able to sort and search by reviews. If this is a change, we all need to pitch a royal fit. Their site functionality already sucks but I'd be about ready to ditch them if they make it that much harder for me to find good resorts.

flybefree

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, after a really frustrating chat with a clueless RCI rep who insisted you could never search for or sort by reviews, with my repeatedly telling her otherwise, I finally got an answer:

"I see something stating that there was a plan that incorporated Trip Advisor Ratings and reviews. However it did not launch as planned. I do not have a projected date at this time. I am sorry for the inconvenience."

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Maybe it’s just me, but I find people post more bad reviews than good ones. I try to post positive reviews. Also remember where you are, if you go to a rustic area, don’t expect the timeshare to be 5 star.
An example we exchanged into Lehigh Acres, very many bad reviews. When we arrived, there was a broken down gas station and a bumpy hole riddled parking lot. We almost turned around but when we drove into the resort. It was very nice. Landscaped and fresh paint on the building. Interior was adequate. And we loved the golf course. Not wanting to sound like a review, but if first impression or someone else opinion, can make you miss a diamond in the ruff.
Silentg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
wouldnt be the first time RCI has removed the ratings from their site....

flybefree

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do read reviews, even if they're bad, to see if people are being unnecessarily picky, unless there are 30 reviews and the place has 1.5 stars. That, I might not bother reading them, unless it's in an area I really want to go. But since RCI makes writing reviews, and marking them as helpful, a pain, I always check reviews on other sites anyway.

RCI's Web site has always sucked but their attempts at improvement always seem to make it even worse. I was a usability expert before I stopped working and their site would get a big fat D from me.

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a call from a RCI rep shortly after I posed above - due to an ongoing search. But I took the opportunity to express my dissatisfaction about the removal of the overall star rating from the search results page. She too told me the plan for reviews to somehow be integrated into TripAdvisor reviews and also didn't have a new date for that to really happen.

Easy access to TA reviews would be great except I do not see how RCI would make that happen. Imbed a link to TA for every resort?? Can't see that happening. Also TA reviews I've read for timehsares tend to be negative as many didn't understand how timeshares work vs hotel stays. I can't help but think that the TA reviews linkage is BS.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Reviews and ratings are back on RCI this morning. Not sure what they've been doing, but what I see on the site has been changing almost daily for the week or so. The ratings show up and can be used to sort searches at least on the points side.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I reading RCI Resort reviews they all sound liked they are written by the same person or they have been sanitized by someone.