• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Deposit Concierge Department

dogfeet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an e-mail from the RCI Deposit Concierge Department. (Who knew there was even such a thing.) They would like me to deposit my end of the summer Michigan week and will restore my full trading power. This makes it go from 24 to 27 which is no big deal, but I was thinking of depositing anyway. I was quite unhappy with RCI last summer and had not planned on using them again, but maybe one more time. Has anyone received a similar offer or better to restore trading power to a week which is past the 9 month deadline? Just wondering.

dogfeet

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I haven't. Are you sure it's really from RCI, and not some sort of scammer?

Dave

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I would call RCI and ask them if they sent the email. Dave is right, lots of scammers.
Hope it is truly from RCI.
Silentg

dogfeet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that it is actually from RCI. My account number is part of the e-mail. However, it certainly does not hurt to be careful. It is a sad but true that there are a lot of people out there looking to take advantage of people.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I would still call RCI, not any number on that email, I would call the direct line.

dogfeet

TUG Member
Reaction score
The offer I received was legit. RCI did restore my trade power of 27 when I made this deposit. (This week was end of August in Michigan so was in some demand. In fact, it matched an ongoing search and never made it into the online list of available units. So it was worth it to RCI.) On a side note, RCI must be really in need of decent deposits. It seems like they have a lot of poor weeks and not nearly as many good weeks as they once did.

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks I was wondering the same thing.
I have received these also.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was getting calls from them every day. I finally answered and they just wanted to remind me that I had a deposit that's expiring, and by the way, didn't I want to deposit anything? I told them if they were going to call every day, two or three times a day, they could at least have some sort of offer, and if they didn't have anything to offer, take me off the call list. I guess I got good and snippy, bc they finally took me off the list.

JohnB3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
I was getting calls from them every day. I finally answered and they just wanted to remind me that I had a deposit that's expiring, and by the way, didn't I want to deposit anything? I told them if they were going to call every day, two or three times a day, they could at least have some sort of offer, and if they didn't have anything to offer, take me off the call list. I guess I got good and snippy, bc they finally took me off the list.
I'm feeling that way about interval right now. I'm getting a bunch of call that sound like used car sales person, or perhaps like a timeshare sales person :) at any rate I just keep hanging up on them

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's just so pointless. There's really something wrong with their marketing, in every way. Prices keep going up and they never have anything special to offer. If they gave a discount, or extra TPUs with a deposit, or something...really almost anything would get me more interested in depositing and exchanging with them.