TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

RCI & Aruba

Discussion in 'Caribbean Timesharing' started by NHTraveler, Nov 14, 2017 at 9:29 AM.

1. NHTraveler

NHTraveler TUG Member

Has anyone ever does this? If so, how was it? Any issues or things people should know before doing it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Karen G

Karen G Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
    What exactly are you referring to? Are you wanting to know how to exchange into Aruba through RCI or do you have a question specific to Wyndham?

3. NHTraveler

NHTraveler TUG Member

I've used RCI for a couple stays in New England, but never out of the country. My nephew and his new wife would like to go to Aruba, but all the package deals I have been able to find run from $4,000-$5,000. Most are all inclusive, which I really don't know much about. If I go through RCI, it looks like I could possibly get a unit for 7 days under $500. The flights from here for two people will be about $1,500. So they would be up to $2,000. Of course, they will most likely rent a car. A lot of islands have utility fees. Is Aruba one of them? Some fees were per night. And they would still need food. I don't know what resorts down there are good and what ones to avoid.

4. Karen G

Karen G Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
  5. cd5

cd5 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Embarc, Carriage Hills
    You need to be careful about which resort you reserve. Many are all-inclusive and will end up costing much more than the $500 initially stated. Read the resort description closely. The Marriotts, La Cabana and a few others are not all-inclusive but the Divi resorts mostly are...

6. FreeIn2010

FreeIn2010 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Club Wyndham, Bluegreen, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
    I have done Aruba thru RCI. Divi Village Golf and Beach, Playa Linda and Aruba Beach Club. None of these are all-inclusive. All had kitchens.

You'll have to pay energy fees and taxes at checkin (or checkout.)

7. Theousaf

Theousaf TUG Member

We own seven Aruba Timeshares and usually rent out five every year. As with many properties the rental time of year drives the price. Go in July, pay $800/week, go in February and that same unit might be $2,400. Aruba has about 300 restaurants, many are really good to excellent which is why I would never go all inclusive.

Edited: Advertising in this forum is not allowed. Parts of this post have been removed

8. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Holly Tree,Calini Beach, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, Pines,
    Fishermen's Village