• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions...... new timeshare owner

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did it....I bought into Worldmark. It was more points than I intended to buy but I think it will work out good. I bought 41,000 annual points...18,000 from 2018, 41,000 for 2019 and anniversary of june. The seller is paying transfer and closing costs and has paid all of 2019 mfs. I asked if the transfer into my name was longer than June would he pay up until closing and they assured me they would. It was listed on eBay at $7599 or best offer and I offered $5,000.

We live in Utah and I've been reading about new guidelines.....I will trade into a resort and get 2 or 3 sometimes 4 units for my family, I do this at least every other year and sometimes more often. If I put 2 of my kids on the title with me will that make it much easier. What are the advantages. I'll still pay all costs, etc. I've told them I hope they don't get an inheritance from me but lots of memories. They are all adult children.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You can only have two people on a worldmark account. Anyone other than those two people will require a guest certificate or fee. I think a 41k account should get 5 free per year.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
If you have not done it you might want to join www.wmowners.com. It is free and lots of good information. Be careful on the use of GC's. If you make a Reservation using a GC and you make any changes - change guest name, add a day, subtract a day, etc. you lose the original GC and get debited another GC. What we are doing with our kids is making the Reservation in our names and then about 35 days before Check-in we confirm the kids are going and change it over to their name. Alsomunused GC's do not carry over like unused HKC and Points. You do get 5 GC's per year.

You got a great deal.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I did it....I bought into Worldmark. It was more points than I intended to buy but I think it will work out good. I bought 41,000 annual points...18,000 from 2018, 41,000 for 2019 and anniversary of june. The seller is paying transfer and closing costs and has paid all of 2019 mfs. I asked if the transfer into my name was longer than June would he pay up until closing and they assured me they would. It was listed on eBay at $7599 or best offer and I offered $5,000.

We live in Utah and I've been reading about new guidelines.....I will trade into a resort and get 2 or 3 sometimes 4 units for my family, I do this at least every other year and sometimes more often. If I put 2 of my kids on the title with me will that make it much easier. What are the advantages. I'll still pay all costs, etc. I've told them I hope they don't get an inheritance from me but lots of memories. They are all adult children.

That's a nice price. If you later find that to be too many credits, you can always sell off a portion of the credits. In addition to doing a one-time rental of any credits you cant use.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Congrats on your purchase. If you need extra units, it’s a great way to go. I only have a 12K account, and it’s great for just the two of us. 41K gives you a lot of options.

Dave

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought 41,000 annual points...It was listed on eBay at $7599 or best offer and I offered $5,000.
Hi neighbor (I'm just down the road in Draper). That's a great deal. Congratulations. Like somebody else mentioned, if it ends up being more credits than you want, you can always split the account and sell off what you don't need/want. That's what I did. I found a great deal on ebay for a 35,000 account and split off 15,000 so I was left with a 20,000 account. I sold the 15,000 points on ksl for close to what I paid for the 35,000 points so my 20,000 account ended up being nearly free.