• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question on Club Access points

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation-Village Atalaya-Towers
Can I stack up on Points at one home location, then buy a low amount of club access points then can I spend my entire point pool on getting home status with all my points ?

for example, if I own 600K at Grandview, then buy 64K of club access. Do I get the benefits of using my total point pool at the list of locations that are treated like a home location from club access ?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Only at 10 months when everything opens up. At 13 months you’d have 64k available for ARP in CWA.

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the answer, I think thats what I was trying to ask, if I would be able to use the entire point pool at 13 months. So they do keep track if which points are part of Club Access

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Only at 10 months when everything opens up. At 13 months you’d have 64k available for ARP in CWA.

This is my understanding as well. I have 508k points in two PIC contracts and 210k in CWA points. 13 month ARP only applies to the 210k contract, not to the 508k PIC contracts. I do wonder aloud how if I’m making a booking for more than 210k points, for example, yet I see 13 month availability, how the system handles it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would be curious as well, I am in the process of buying my first set of points resale and don't have access to the owners portal yet.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Points are tracked for ARP in terms of numbers you can use per year not where your points may have already been used. You have ARP up to the number of regular use points. So in your case, you can ARP 13 months in advance at Grandview for 600,000. Even if there is grandview in Access you would need to make a separate reservation if you have already made 600,000 points worth of reservations during the ARP at grandview.

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So your saying they don't stack ? I can't combine points i have total ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So your saying they don't stack ? I can't combine points i have total ?

Not at 13 months. You have to wait until 10 months to stack.

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ok, I think I got it. Let me ask this then and see if I am wrapping my ahead around things correctly

Lets say I bought 308K bonnet Creek ( in the process now)

Then lets say I bought 420K club access points

Now, I want to get a 4 bdr suite at bonnet creek for 424K points

Can I use ADR ( advanced registration) 10-13 months out ?

Now, if the answer is yes. What about this scenario

Same as above 308K at Bonnet Creek, then I also bought 420K in Vegas at the grand desert

Can I still advance register at Bonnet creek using 424K points, or does their system see I only have 308K to use for ADR at Bonnet Creek ?

Wasn't sure if my points stack for home resort registration

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
You can't add the Bonnet Creek points and the CWA points to make an Advanced reservation at Bonnet Creek. You can't add the Bonnet Creek and the Grand Desert points together to make one Advanced reservation. If you're making a reservation at any resort and your check in date is within 10 months, then you can combine any and all points for that reservation.

One possible workaround to your first scenario, You could use your 308 points for an Advance reservation at Bonnet Creek let's say Sunday through Thursday, and then use your CWA points to make a reservation for the Friday and Saturday before or after the nights you already have. In other words, 2 separate reservations that add up to a week at Bonnet Creek. Subject to availability and having the exact same type unit, or you might have to move from one unit to another. You'd probably have to call the resort a week or two ahead of check in to request to stay in the same unit.

Deeded points at a resort like Bonnet Creek or Grand Desert will always only have ARP at that particular resort. CWA points have ARP at any of the regular Wyndham resorts.

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Awesome , thank you for that reply. That helps alot !

One question, when i soley own points thru resale I thought i had to book a week at a time. Can i do what your suggestion and use one set of points for 5 days and the other points for 2 or 3 days ?

That's an interesting way of doing it and thanks for that suggestion.

I was trying to understand so when i buy more points want to understand how to best do it.

That's good to know, cause i want to have enough points to get the 3 or 4 bedroom when available.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
One question, when i soley own points thru resale I thought i had to book a week at a time. Can i do what your suggestion and use one set of points for 5 days and the other points for 2 or 3 days ?

You don't have to book a full week. Most of the resorts have a 2 or 3 night minimum but you can check in whatever day you want. Single nights can be booked within 15 days of check in. Probably not important to you being in England, but I just thought I'd mention that exception.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Awesome , thank you for that reply. That helps alot !

That's an interesting way of doing it and thanks for that suggestion.

I was trying to understand so when i buy more points want to understand how to best do it.

That's good to know, cause i want to have enough points to get the 3 or 4 bedroom when available.

Your confusing it with the Rci thread. When you buy resale you can book a variety of days through Wyndham. When you transfer your points to Rci it has to be a full week when you use those points.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
CWA does have WBC so they should work together.

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your confusing it with the Rci thread. When you buy resale you can book a variety of days through Wyndham. When you transfer your points to Rci it has to be a full week when you use those points.
That's a good point , I think i was

So RCI resale most be full weeks , wydham points doesn't have to bed

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What is WBC?

Good to know, I was wondering if they would work together

Thanks !

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They will not combine for ARP.
But I could do two separate bookings for ARP?

One booking using my WBC points and second booking using my CWA ?

As in two separate.sets of rooms for the same dates if available

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Of course, just need two different names on the reservations

Ninjaneer80

TUG Member
Reaction score