TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Question: Is HRC letting their ROFRs in recent months pass the 30 day mark unanswered?

Discussion in 'Hyatt Residence Club' started by jtmaske, Jun 11, 2019.

1. jtmaske

jtmaske TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Lodge on Peak 7
    I ask because I won an eBay auction in late February for a Sunset Harbor week 45,
    at a good price from a third party seller with a mixed (at best slow and stumbling) reputation on both eBay and TUG. The first ROFR iteration after five weeks and much prodding turned up a legitimate problem with the contract (one existing owner’s name missing), now a second iteration which I had expected to go quickly either Yay or Nay has had no answer (but not quite over the 30 day mark yet).

2. jjking42

jjking42 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Westin Kierland, Wyndham Flagstaff
    Mine got done quickly. It was a Red week verified sale.

It’s probably a seller broker issue and not hyatt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugarcubesea and jtmaske like this.
  3. heathpack

heathpack Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt High Sierra
    Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
    Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
    Sheraton Broadway Plantation
    We got our ROFR answer in 1 day. We’ve closed escrow already. We made our offer to purchase on May 11, it was accepted May 12.

Not an EBay purchase though, we worked with an experienced broker.

4. Sapper

Sapper Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I think if anything, currently ROFR is proceeding faster than normal.

bdh, Sugarcubesea and jtmaske like this.
  5. HenryT

HenryT Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Cypress Pt, Coconut Malorie, MGO, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Bluebeard's Castle, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
    Hyatt waived ROFR on my week 50 Sunset Harbor unit in less than two weeks back in February of this year. The unit showed up in my Hyatt account about a month later.

6. jtmaske

jtmaske TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Lodge on Peak 7
    Thanks all for your responses ...there is definitely a ‘seller broker’ issue here, but Hyatt (or actually Marriott Vacations) didn’t take any action on the initial ROFR, then it took a week to get the broker to contact Hyatt and then another week for Hyatt to respond to why they really didn’t make a decision, etc ...but my own fault for chasing after a risky eBay bargain so to speak

7. tschwa2

tschwa2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    I would ask the broker what day the ROFR was sent and then see if you can get In touch with Hyatt to make sure they received it and are processing it.

jtmaske likes this.
  8. Sapper

Also verify the address they sent it to. They moved locations in December, your broker may have sent the paperwork to the old address.

jtmaske likes this.
  9. Tucsonadventurer

Tucsonadventurer TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
    Ours was done quickly too but Marriott transfers has had all the paper work for 5 weeks and its still not in our name. Our 2019 points go into LCUP soon and our agent cant get in touch with the seller to make us a reservation. The 2019 points were thrown in for free so we cant be too greedy but we would like to not deal with the dreaded LCUP.

jtmaske likes this.
  10. HenryT

Resorts Owned:
    Cypress Pt, Coconut Malorie, MGO, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Bluebeard's Castle, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
    That sucks. I wonder if Marriott Transfers has too many deed transfers than they can handle right now? Have you called them to see if they would expedite it?

11. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
    I got my ROFR answer at like the 3 week mark...However my girlfriend purchased at the same resort as me and a full month and a half before me and hers took forever but it did go thru...I think her broker was not that experienced with Hyatt

jtmaske likes this.
  12. Tucsonadventurer

Resorts Owned:
    We have emailed them and our Fidelity contract rep has also. Marriott said they are swamped. They sent our rep an email stating hopefully the end of this week. We bought our unit exacy 3 months ago.

jtmaske likes this.
  13. echino

echino TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Piñon Pointe
    Harborside Resort at Atlantis
    Marriott's Canyon Villas
    Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club
    Got ROFR in 5 days.

14. HenryT

Resorts Owned:
    Got it. Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer.

Tucsonadventurer likes this.
  15. AJCts411

AJCts411 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hyatt Sunset x 2
    Question: If contact language states 30 days to act on ROFR, then what difference does it make to say "we are swamped". By default, wouldn't the ROFR be considered a pass/no action by Hyatt and the sale be valid? (Assuming that the paperwork was submitted correctly.)

jtmaske likes this.
  16. Sapper

I think that comment was specific to a Marriott transfer. I don’t know Marriotts rules regarding ROFR.

If it were a Hyatt transfer, then after 30 calendar days (15 on Aspen and I think one other) if Hyatt has failed to inform you of passing or failing it is considered passed. Be very sure you have the correct date they received it. Most transfer companies will say its 30 business days, and you will have to dig to find the documentation to prove it.

17. Tucsonadventurer

Resorts Owned:
    It actually is a Hyatt Pinon Pointe week but we were told by the contracts department that Marriotts transfer department emailed her that it would likely be in our name this week. We were surprised she said Marriott but figure they must have merged the transfer departments. And of course its not yet in our name. We found someone at Hyatt when we called in to check if it was in our name to who is going out of his way to check into it for us on Monday. It has been slightly over 5 weeks since Hyatt has had all the paper work.

jtmaske and Sapper like this.
  18. Sapper

Thank you for the correction.

Odd they have had it for so long when they are clearing most folks so quickly.

On the plus side, more than 30 days, so it’s yours.

jtmaske and Tucsonadventurer like this.
  19. jtmaske

jtmaske TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Lodge on Peak 7
    Thanks all once again, Hyatt issued a Yay letter on the ROFR June 12 at almost 30 days out.
    The original purchase price not including maintenance and transfer fees was for a week 45 for $1025 for Unit 114, a 2 bedroom ground floor lock-off. (BTW, Week 45 is a low demand but often perfect weather week for Key West, indeed for much of Florida).
    This sale apparently is part of an estate settlement, which was not disclosed in the original eBay ad copy, and could still have problems. I would not have bid if I had to do this over.

Sapper likes this.
  20. dsmrp

dsmrp TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
    Maybe the estate settlement is the reason it took so long for Hyatt to waive ROFR. They likely were verifying that the person signing as seller had the legal right to sell or authorize transfer of ownership.

jtmaske and Sapper like this.