• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchasing Grandview Las Vegas - does this sound right?

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I won an EBay auction for Grandview Las Vegas. So far all has looked good, except for one thing that seems odd.
On the contract it says it is for "Wyndham Grandview Las Vegas" - does that sound right? Does Wyndham own Grandview?
Isn't Grandview part of Vacation Village (which might have nothing to do with actual ownership of the resort - might be an association of timeshares or some such).

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Wyndham Grand Desert & Grandview At Las Vegas are 2 different timeshare resorts affiliated with 2 different timeshare chains.

One time 16 years ago when were interested in an eBay auction for Cypress Pointe Grande Villas, the eBay pictures showed a different Orlando timeshare, which we were able to identify as Grand Beach Resort. The reading material described 1 timeshare & the photos illustrated another timeshare. We decided we would be OK with whichever it turned out to be, so we sniped in what turned out to be a winning bid in the closing seconds of the eBay auction. (That was in the old days, before eSnipe, etc.). When the dust settled, it turned out we were the new owners of a 3BR lock-off unit at Cypress Pointe Grande Villas, the timeshare we actually wanted.

Our takeaway from that experience is that any time we're getting ready to bid on an eBay timeshare, we have to eyeball everything very closely -- reading material, pictures, charts, numerical tables, etc. -- as a form of due diligence to make sure we're close to certain as possible about what it is we're actually bidding on. So far, so good.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I won an EBay auction for Grandview Las Vegas. So far all has looked good, except for one thing that seems odd.
On the contract it says it is for "Wyndham Grandview Las Vegas" - does that sound right? Does Wyndham own Grandview?
Isn't Grandview part of Vacation Village (which might have nothing to do with actual ownership of the resort - might be an association of timeshares or some such).
Time to do some serious snooping. They are not one and the same. Better make sure you bid on what you wanted. If not, no worries, ebay auctions are not binding- especially when the goods are misrepresented.

Jim

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
the seller is timeshare_cures
They do have good feedback on EBay - 340 total entries. I also felt good about the fact the sales are not listed as private, so that was a plus. They also accepted credit card payment, so I do have the opportunity to dispute it if necessary. Also, doing a search for their name here on TUG, there are no hits - so nobody has complained about them yet.

Looking at the listings they have feedback on, a lot are Wyndham and Worldmark. I don't see any for Grandview. So it may just be a typo on their part.

Everything else added up on the listing - the amount of RCI points, the maintenance fees, the street address they listed for the resort (9940 Las Vegas Blvd South), etc.

I've emailed them for clarification, but I assume I won't hear anything back until Monday.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I bought from timeshare cures, all very positive experience.

bladiator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Attitash Mountain Resort
Since we're on the topic of Grandview on ebay ...

Has anyone bought from J&J Timeshares?
I figure if they have 100+ reviews at least you're in decent shape.

bladiator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Attitash Mountain Resort

Never mind! I just found another thread about them specifically.

Mowogo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas; HGVC on Paradise; Bay Club at Waikoloa; Vacation Village Williamsburg; Sheraton Flex

Used them for a Grandview and Bay Club and had no issues, very easy.

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like a false alarm - they sent me a corrected invoice. Moving ahead! Fingers crossed!

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received the deed in the mail yesterday. Now just need Grandview to complete their end of the process and also I need to sign up for RCI.
I won the auction on 8/7 and received the deed on 8/20 - very quick turnaround!

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to update that everything went very smoothly overall on this transaction. As you can see from the above there were some minor things that needed to get ironed out, but they were done quickly by the seller. Just wanted this on the record in case anybody is searching timeshare_cures and is concerned by this thread.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
Wish I'd seen this when you were first wondering, I might have been able to reduce your worries somewhat. That happens to be the group I bought my very first timeshare from - a 122k Grandview contract. I underpaid - they'd offered a low BIN and I snapped it up within an hour of it being listed - and the entire process was painless from beginning to end.