TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

purchasing a second Marriott trader

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by ml855, Jan 14, 2019.

1. ml855

ml855 TUG Member

We currently have an enrolled MSE week that is traded through the corporate II account. We are currently looking for another traded in the Marriott system on the resale market. If we find one would we have to add another II account in order to trade it or can we add it to the same corporate II account for trading.

I think I know the answer just wanted to make sure. thanks.

2. vacationtime1

vacationtime1 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    MAW & MKW (Kauai)
    WKORV-OFC (Maui)
    WKV x4 (Scottsdale)
    You would need a separate II account for the non-enrolled week.

That account can be used for both non-enrolled Marriott weeks and non-Marriott weeks.

3. Big Matt

Big Matt TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

It depends on whether you are going to enroll it. I'm not even sure you can do this now or how much it costs. If you can, it should be able to be included in the current account. If not it needs to be separate.

4. Dean

Dean TUG Member

I'd consider how this will work for you. You'll have exchange fees, II fees plus possible lockoff and change/cancelation fees. For a single week it can add up fairly quickly. It's still likely cheaper than buying an enrolled week for trading but the other fees do add up.

5. Steve Fatula

Steve Fatula TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Desert Springs Villas II 2BR
    Playa Andaluza Silver Seafront 2BR
    Destinations Points
    You cannot use it in the corporate account. This does tend to make a second week more expensive due to this in ongoing yearly costs. Especially given you said trader. For this reason, I went with a second week that was enroll-able, but paid around 10k more for that privilege. I'll recoup that eventually. It's close to $500 per year I save, but at a large upfront cost. But the large cost also gave me an ownership level that provided other large benefits, so, it's actually more cost effective than it seems for us at least. I'll likely get my extra 10k back in < 10 years, which I was ok with due to what I was getting and more capabilities. It was a tough choice.

6. ml855

ml855 TUG Member

Thanks, that's what I thought. My husband would like a second lock-off week, I'm ok with what we have, which is Manor Club (MSE) and Disney Vacation Club (DVC) points. He will be retiring in about 3 years and thought it would be nice to have an additional couple weeks of trips to warm weather in the winter months.

We do plan on talking to a sales rep in May while we are at Newport Coast. Do they also sell weeks or just points at these sales meetings.

7. Steve Fatula

Steve Fatula TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Desert Springs Villas II 2BR
    Playa Andaluza Silver Seafront 2BR
    Destinations Points
    I don't think there are any US weeks left. For me, I purchased a Spain week which is enrolled. You can purchase them, but not from the local presentation as far as I know. Marriott has a national sales office I think, someone else likely knows. I believe they only sell points at US presentations.