• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchased 14,400 annual HGVC Points Now What?

aarce

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay I joined TUG, did a little research on HGVC and won a bid on EBAY for 14,400 annual points. I'm not sure what to expect as far as the season or week is concerned. I left a message for seller timesharconnection (96.7% feedback score.) Does anyone know about this company?

I'm a little anxious as I tried to contact the seller and they have not responded. Although its only been a few hours. After having sometime to think about it I feel like I may have jumped the gun. Here are the details from the EBAY listing please let me know what you think.

HGVC Hilton Kings Land 14,400 Annual Points Waikoloa Beach Hawaii Timeshare

About Ownership:
Size: Varies
14,400 HGVC Points Issued Every January 1st

Usage Time: Annual
14,400 HGVC Points Will Be Issued on 1/1/2019

Type of Usage:
Deeded

Never Expires

Maintenance Fees:
$1,575.15 Yearly
Due 1/1/2019

Availability:

14,400 HGVC Points Will Be Issued on 1/1/2019

FEES DUE AT TIME OF SALE:
2018 Maintenance Fee:
$0.00
Closing Cost: $449.00
Resort Transfer Fee: $458.00
Plus The Winning bid ($6100.00)

Is this a good deal? I'm a little worried about the size as it indicates that it varies. Also Im not sure of the season or week. I actually tried to retract the bid after not hearing from the seller. However EBAY wouldn't allow it since it was less than 12 hours before biding closes.

I guess you cant learn to swim without jumping in the pool but will I get eaten by sharks?

Thanks guys for your feedback.

Reaction score
I searched ebay completed listings and the only HGVC 14,400 was sold in August for $9,201

However, there is a current ebay listing for HGVC 14,400 with a high bid of $6,100 with 3 hours to go.

First, this is 2019 use only (looks like 2018 was used already) and the price is too LOW.

With 3 hours left, I would expect this to sell for $10,000 or so, thus you will lost this if you are not willing to increase your bid.

Also, anything lower than $10,000 will probably get taken by ROFR, so even if you win, I doubt it will get past ROFR, and if it does, this is an incredible bargain.

aarce

TUG Member
Reaction score
I searched ebay completed listings and the only HGVC 14,400 was sold in August for $9,201

However, there is a current ebay listing for HGVC 14,400 with a high bid of $6,100 with 3 hours to go.

First, this is 2019 use only (looks like 2018 was used already) and the price is too LOW.

With 3 hours left, I would expect this to sell for $10,000 or so, thus you will lost this if you are not willing to increase your bid.

Also, anything lower than $10,000 will probably get taken by ROFR, so even if you win, I doubt it will get past ROFR, and if it does, this is an incredible bargain.

Yes you are correct. Since this is my first purchase I wanted to be sure it was not a scam. It does appear to be a great deal at this point but as you said might not pass ROFR. It will be interesting to see. Should I win this bid do you have any tips on the closing process or the listing in general?

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw this on ebay by seller, timeshareconnection_0. It is very fishy. The only description of the 14,400 for a two bedrooms today, 11/23/2017. No other description and no photo of the room. He just sold a 57th street 10,500 for $5,100. The seller did not describe the closing procedures and other. I know NYC transfer tax is high. I don't think he listed the correct closing cost. I kind of very skeptical about this seller. The reviews did not state what was purchased and not reliable. I would not buy from him.

aarce

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw this on ebay by seller, timeshareconnection_0. It is very fishy. The only description of the 14,400 for a two bedrooms today, 11/23/2017. No other description and no photo of the room. He just sold a 57th street 10,500 for $5,100. The seller did not describe the closing procedures and other. I know NYC transfer tax is high. I don't think he listed the correct closing cost. I kind of very skeptical about this seller. The reviews did not state what was purchased and not reliable. I would not buy from him.
I emailed them and someone named Jaime responded to my questions. I also feel that not enough information is provided with the listing. Although I am currently the high bidder I am reluctant to proceed. I wonder if there are attorneys or escrow companies that I can use to ensure this is not a scam.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
It should be a two bedroom unit.

Reaction score
Did you win this?

The price went up $2,000 in the last 6 minutes. If it is a legitimate deal, then I think it will NOT pass ROFR as these typically sell for $20,000 on the resale market.

private listing - bidders' identities protected $8,085.00 23 Nov 2017 at 10:14:57PM PST
private listing - bidders' identities protected $7,985.00 23 Nov 2017 at 10:15:21PM PST
private listing - bidders' identities protected $7,150.56 23 Nov 2017 at 10:14:08PM PST
private listing - bidders' identities protected $7,050.55 23 Nov 2017 at 10:07:48PM PST
private listing - bidders' identities protected $7,050.00 23 Nov 2017 at 10:12:00PM PST
private listing - bidders' identities protected $6,750.00 23 Nov 2017 at 10:11:17PM PST
private listing - bidders' identities protected $6,500.00 23 Nov 2017 at 10:09:36PM PST
private listing - bidders' identities protected $6,300.00 23 Nov 2017 at 10:08:56PM PST

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
i don’t know anything about this seller but I see several things which I don’t like in this listing:

Since all HGVC are deeded, this should therefore be a specific unit. It looks via the points to be KL 2 bedroom phase I premier platinum season.

The MFs also aren’t correct either. It looks to me that they should be $1631.32 (2017) and $1694.74 (2018).

Lastly, I don’t see how this will pass rofr. I know that someone purchase similar in 2015 at a very good price of $12999. You can see it on rofr.net.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Also the fees are incorrect. There is HGVC transfer fee of $399 and activation fee of $560. Also club fee of $170 next year.

Last edited:

aarce

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stopped at $7150. Not sure why the do not give more information on the listing. I had to email questions that should have been clearly explained on the add. Also I could'nt find any info about timeshareconnection other than that they have been around since 08/2016. It also indicated that they are out of TN. They do however have many listings both sold and available. My gut feeling is that they are probably legit. We should keep our eye out to see if these listings pass ROFR. Not sure how we would know if it did though.

Also I am curious to know your process when buying TS. Do you use EBAY? I went through the Tug Marketplace but I found many listings with inflated prices. It appears that the deals are better on EBAY however there seems to be more risk involved. Can you share what you purchased and from where? Were you satisfied? Thanks for responding.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
This is a typical ad from a timeshare liquidator on ebay, lots of missing info and old maint fees. Be glad you didn’t win it, thats too much money to put at risk. I purchased one on eBay for $299, it was an amount I didn’t mind risking. It took 6 months to close, lousy communication from the seller. It was Bay Club, so no issue with rofr. As others have stated, may not pass rofr at that price, and probably wont close until next year. HGVC allocates new rofr budget in Jan.

I purchased the one in rofr.net from a legit resale broker using escrow, I was not concerned about risk. BTW, these units originally sold for $87K at retail.

PS, that due date is wrong for maint fee, it will be due Jan 1 2018, so no points first year paying fees. The only way for that date to be correct is if its EOY Odd, which may explain the low price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Also I am curious to know your process when buying TS. Do you use EBAY? I went through the Tug Marketplace but I found many listings with inflated prices. It appears that the deals are better on EBAY however there seems to be more risk involved. Can you share what you purchased and from where? Were you satisfied? Thanks for responding.
I have purchased from Ebay and resale brokers. If you are looking to buy a platinum account, expect to pay the going rate or Hilton will buy the contract out from under you. If you decide to buy gold, you can probably get a very good deal on Ebay. If you want peace of mind, buy from one of the recommended brokers.

Personally, I haven't seen many inflated prices in the Tug Marketplace for HGVC.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a thread related to the seller's reputation on TUG - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/bcsrentals-ebay-seller.229060
Jump to page 3, post #59 and on, to get to the part where this particular seller is mentioned.

On Ebay, often the winning bid on a highly-prized VOI, like a 14.4k-point deed in Kings Land, is low because savvy buyers do not want to risk their money with a questionable seller, and so intentionally avoid the auction.

Here's a few recently completed auction by timesharconnection_0 -

tcebay.png

The seller also has active listings for a 12.6k-point Kings Land week going for $810, and a 7k-point Flamingo week going for $1,150, with 1d 10h left.

I find it curious that the seller has some of the most prized VOIs across the major brands with the winning bid way below resale-market value. And given the seller's profile on Ebay - relatively short history (only since 08/01/16), only 1/3 of total feedback (57 of 172) is as a seller, private auction listings - it all just sets off my spidey sense.

Is it possible that they're in fact a legit outfit? With what information I have, I wouldn't want to be the one to try to prove it if they were.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I too find it interesting that this Ebay selling had great listings with super low prices. Too me it was too good to be true. I would stick with regular resale brokers such as judikoz.com or sellingtimeshares.net.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
My overriding question would be whether seller will agree to a truly independent escrow agent. If seller will agree, OP either gets a good deal or receives a refund if the deal fails due to inaccurate description or ROFR.

If seller will not agree to a truly independent escrow agent, OP should run.

Last edited:

aarce

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a typical ad from a timeshare liquidator on ebay, lots of missing info and old maint fees. Be glad you didn’t win it, thats too much money to put at risk. I purchased one on eBay for $299, it was an amount I didn’t mind risking. It took 6 months to close, lousy communication from the seller. It was Bay Club, so no issue with rofr. As others have stated, may not pass rofr at that price, and probably wont close until next year. HGVC allocates new rofr budget in Jan.

I purchased the one in rofr.net from a legit resale broker using escrow, I was not concerned about risk. BTW, these units originally sold for $87K at retail.

PS, that due date is wrong for maint fee, it will be due Jan 1 2018, so no points first year paying fees. The only way for that date to be correct is if its EOY Odd, which may explain the low price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I'm glad I didn't win it. This will be my first TS and I don't want the headache. It would me worth paying more for a legit closing. Thanks for the words of warning.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Reaction score
I too find it interesting that this Ebay selling had great listings with super low prices. Too me it was too good to be true. I would stick with regular resale brokers such as judikoz.com or sellingtimeshares.net.

I 100% agree with the above advice....seriously, I used Judi and her team was great. Fair price for buyer and seller to get pass ROFR. All money is protected in escrow.

I'm glad I didn't win it. This will be my first TS and I don't want the headache. It would me worth paying more for a legit closing. Thanks for the words of warning.

It is not paying more, it is paying the lowest price that can result in a hassle free and risk free transaction. Using a broker is the best way to do that.

The resale prices are going up and the 14,400 Kings land is one of the Gold Standards for HGVC resale buyers as it has a decent purchase price and low annual dues.

Do you really need 14,400 points???

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly my take...Don’t have a hemi but the Range Rover does not need to be used off road to be enjoyed...

Reaction score
My point with my post questioning a 14,400 point purchase by someone as a first HGVC was simply meant to inquire if the poster has investigated how far a 14,400 point contract will go, the increase in purchase price of a lower amount, and the large annual dues required Jan 1 every year for the entire ownership - it was not meant to be cynical or rude.

The average HGVC is probably 7,000 points (my guess) so someone considering a 14,400 point contract should really do their homework to determine if they need this amount of points or if they need less.

On the other hand, I would love 50,000 HGVC points, but I am not willing to pay for it.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
My point with my post questioning a 14,400 point purchase by someone as a first HGVC was simply meant to inquire if the poster has investigated how far a 14,400 point contract will go, the increase in purchase price of a lower amount, and the large annual dues required Jan 1 every year for the entire ownership - it was not meant to be cynical or rude.

The average HGVC is probably 7,000 points (my guess) so someone considering a 14,400 point contract should really do their homework to determine if they need this amount of points or if they need less.

On the other hand, I would love 50,000 HGVC points, but I am not willing to pay for it.
My response was just to be funny...:cool:

aarce

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like the 14,400 as it gives me the flexibility to take multiple weeks and it trades well. My thinking is buy one TS have one MF and be able to take at least a couple of weeks a year staying at higher end resorts. Furthermore it would be easier to manage. The problem is I couldn't get it at the price I wanted.

I looked at the resellers mentioned in the previous posts but the prices are more than I want to pay. I will probably have to start with one week and look for another later. My ideal purchase would be two weeks 2br plat at higher end resorts with MF's around $1500. I would like to stay under 10k. Is this reasonable or asking to much?

Reaction score
I would like the 14,400 as it gives me the flexibility to take multiple weeks and it trades well. My thinking is buy one TS have one MF and be able to take at least a couple of weeks a year staying at higher end resorts. Furthermore it would be easier to manage. The problem is I couldn't get it at the price I wanted.

I looked at the resellers mentioned in the previous posts but the prices are more than I want to pay. I will probably have to start with one week and look for another later. My ideal purchase would be two weeks 2br plat at higher end resorts with MF's around $1500. I would like to stay under 10k. Is this reasonable or asking to much?

Technically HGVC does not "trade well" as it is a points based system, but 14,400 is a lot of points and can book 2 weeks at many but not all locations and dates.

You can travel at off-times and squeeze two weeks out of one purchase, but you did not indicate if you are flexible with dates or you also want to travel at the most popular dates too.

I personally think your criteria is not possible at this time. two 2-weeks at higher end resorts for $10k and $1.5k per year is not realistic with Hilton. But if you want one week for the same criteria, then it is possible.

I would suggest Las Vegas Boulevard and Kings Land and even SeaWorld as the three Hiltons to look at for a 7,000 or more contract (platinum is preferred or you end up with higher dues)

With Hilton, you really can NOT get one perfect contract with both a low buy in price and low annual dues in a higher end resort at a popular time (i.e. school holidays)

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
You have the right idea, lowest buy in cost possible with lowest MFs. But expect to pay about $1/point buy-in cost. There are a few exceptions where HGVC can not rofr which you might be able to get lower. This is historically the best time of year to buy because sellers want to unload before MFs are due and HGVC seems to let some pass rofr with low purchase price.