• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Purchase Wyndham

rebels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a Wyndham resale agent that you can recommend. I have a friend who wants to buy. I own HGVC and there are Seth Nock or Judi K who the TUG folks recommend. Who do you recommend to Wyndham.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a Wyndham resale agent that you can recommend. I have a friend who wants to buy. I own HGVC and there are Seth Nock or Judi K who the TUG folks recommend. Who do you recommend to Wyndham.

Wyndham seems to be more open market....

Check EBay, use TUG to research the seller of anything that interests them there.....TUG ads here on EBay and on Redweek, Sumday Vacations.....I'm sure there are a couple more possibilities....

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Really don't need a broker ... just get on eBay.

Your friend should have some idea as to WHERE they will need ARP (advance reservation priority). That is their HOME RESORT or to pay MORE for CWA points which MIGHT get them the ARP which that CLUB holds.

Your friend needs to look at the ONLINE Member's Directory ... see how many points it will take to book a UNIT for a week where they most likely be visiting. Shame to buy a 105,000 points when you need a 126,000 points to book your dream stay. (and those values would be an older resort's PRIME week or in the Value Week in a NEWER resort).

Friend should buy in increments of 77,000 points and WAY MORE, than 77K. (ie 154,000; 231,000; 308,000) as transaction credits and housekeeping credits have 77,000 points as their multiple. But check the points charts.

Always check the MFs in eBay ads with the current fees for the resort ... some older resorts, the MFs are based on the underlying week's MFs .. which is the same for ALL seasons. So a PRIME week converted to points has a WAY better points to MFs ratio than a VALUE week converted to points.

There is a TUG PRIMER for Wyndham written several years ago ... your Friend needs to study it and understand it. Lots of terms (vocabulary) but using the system involves LEARNING SOME of the details.

Some/a few Wyndham resorts still offer DEEDED points owners there, Day Passes to use the resort. Shawnee is one ... which is WHY I hold a deed there.

One saying is: buy Wyndham for $1000 might cost MORE but buying a cheap Wyndham for $200 with a BAD ratio on the point to MFs.... the $800 you saved when buying will be totally GONE inside of a couple of years ... the added expense will be ONGOING until you can dump the "dog" deed.

PS My one Shawnee week are in PRIME season and converted to points with CWP fees is $4.47 per K. The other gets me a few more points and its ratio is $4.27 per K.

My Royal Vista points are $6.44 per K. So my million plus Royal Vista points cost me $2170 more YEARLY than if I own the cheapest of my Shawnee converted weeks for a million points. Every YEAR ... paying $2170 more in MFs based upon where the deed is.

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be glad to help walk them through the process. Pretty easy to buy resale. Like the previous post stated pay attention to the monthly maintenance fee. Better to pay a little more on the purchase price then to pay a high monthly maintenance fee. Most Wyndham properties can be bought for under $1000 closing costs and resort transfer fee included in purchase price.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
RPMI,
Angel England and Jeff Fudge
http://www.resort-property.com/
(800) 844-8404
or
Judi Kozlowski P.A.
RE/MAX Properties SW, Inc.
Licensed Timeshare Resale Brokers Assoc.
Accredited Buyer Representative
www.JudiKoz.com
www.LTRBA.com
Toll Free 800-541-5666 Ext.622
Cell (407)-921-0000

Wyndham has picked RPMI and Judi as featured Resellers of Wyndham Vacation Resorts, providing assistance and resources to owners who wish to resell their timeshare interest.

Mike Murphy is also a featured broker but his thing is Worldmark

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be glad to help walk them through the process. Pretty easy to buy resale. Like the previous post stated pay attention to the monthly maintenance fee. Better to pay a little more on the purchase price then to pay a high monthly maintenance fee. Most Wyndham properties can be bought for under $1000 closing costs and resort transfer fee included in purchase price.

that price may be true for the smaller contracts, but not so for the larger ones.

I just paid $6500 plus closing costs for a CWA conntract

Todays market is about $0.015 per point more for the lower mf contracts, less for the high mf ones.

Renny30

TUG Member
Reaction score

A guest with one post and you want to walk someone through the process. :eek:

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
RPMI,
Wyndham has picked RPMI and Judi as featured Resellers of Wyndham Vacati

Are you sure about Judi? Someone who is a friend of hers told me that she is no longer associated with Wyndham.

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
I would recommend sumdayvacations.com

I have purchased two separate Wyndham deeds from Sumday and was very pleased. They seem to first put inventory on their website, then list on Ebay, so check both as it can vary.

Also, watch for sales around holidays where they discount all their inventory by 25%.

TKO3

Reaction score
There is a TUG PRIMER for Wyndham written several years ago ... your Friend needs to study it and understand it. Lots of terms (vocabulary) but using the system involves LEARNING SOME of the details.

Where would I find this??

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used Sumday three times now for Wyndham points purchases. The first 2 through ebay sale, but our last one was a direct purchase off their website in May 2015 I made an offer of 1/3 of the asking price with all the closing and transfer costs included and they accepted it. All they did then was change the price online so I could go ahead and purchase it online from their sight.

They are great to deal with, quick to respond to your concerns and very efficient!!!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you sure about Judi? Someone who is a friend of hers told me that she is no longer associated with Wyndham.

not 100% sure. I know she was one of their featured brokers, and she was when I met her 6 months ago, and she has a new ad on redweek for a wyndham contract

she may not have that "featured" designation any more, but she still is an honest broker dealing with Wyndham

I think she is too expensive at 2 cents a point but that wasnt the ops question. I think RPMI is too high too, but I just bought from them yesterday